[UI] Now that Trinity and Bongos doesn't work ...

Anyone has a good suggestion to another type of button-AddOn? I am currently using Dominos.
    I'd really love to have a Trinity-like AddOn, and Macaroon is just too confusing for me. Haven't really put much time into it, though.
    I would prefer if you could make more than 10 bars, wich is the annoying part about Dominos.

I would really appreciate your help! Thanks.

Deleted

Re: [UI] Now that Trinity and Bongos doesn't work ...

omg dude . BARTENDER 4 . !

Quote Originally Posted by Breakurface
    BARTENDER 4
    Indeed. I miss Bongos but BT is just as good.

What do you need more then 10 bars for? That'd be insane clutter.

I tried it, but that too will only allow me to use 10 bars. I do fancy things with my UI, and end up using them all in no time .. I can barely have all my spells! (Mage .. I got lot's of portals and don't like Cryosis)

I have a Mage as well and I have approximately 4 bars of spells, approximately because not every button is a Mage spell.

This is my UI, in progress.

As you see, I've pretty much made it up in categories. Left side is my Portals (need two more for WotLK), and the upper left one is my Armor's. Middle near the cast bar is the most used spells for the current spec of mine. Below that there's the less used spells, like Arcane Blast wich I don't use often as fire. To the right of that I got my "consumables" and above that a bit of a mix ...

I'd really like to change much of it, smaller, more buttons etc .. could really use more! I tend to make alot of macro's too.

The guy that was making Bongos is now working on Dominos. It has the same basic functionality of Bongos 2, along with the configuration, but it doesn't offer the range coloring that bongos did. For that you'll need a small mod called RedRange. Those two should be able to mimc the functionality nearly exactly with what Bongos 2 had.

Dominos: http://www.wowinterface.com/download...5-Dominos.html
    Red Range: http://www.wowinterface.com/download...-RedRange.html
    I'm currently using Dominos, and Red Range too. The lack of bars available is what makes me want a new one, though. Thanks anyway!

For Mage portals/shields etc I use a nice mod called oPie: http://www.go-hero.net/opie/ It's a very cool mod and it simplifies a lot of things. I have all my portals and teleports bound to 1 key now.
    I just noticed your edit Lysonis, and I went to check out a video on the authors site! It looks really cool, and I will definitely try to check it out. Thanks alot!

But..but..Macaroon is INCREDIBLY easy to handle

Tutorial:

http://www.wowinterface.com/forums/s...ad.php?t=18454

Thanks, I will go check it out! Really appreciate everyones help so far.

I have a custom UI that I made with Dominos but I must say, Dominos is worht it for the hotkey assigning if nothing else!

Quote Originally Posted by Lysonis
    Yeah most action bar mods worth their salt have a nice easy way to assign bindings to action bars. On a side note both oPie and Dominos support Button Facade if you're into skinning your buttons.
    Yea, thats a big reason why I used to use Trinity. Now that it doesn't work, I use Bartender 4 now. I used to not like it before, but they made key binding much easier now. That, and the bars and such align themselves. I have 6 action bars of buttons with 2 bars showing.

It's quite nice and I am now a convert.

For the most part, I choose utility over looks, I play on a small 17 inch wide screen monitor, so I'm cramped for vertical space so the bottom of my screen can't have too much height or I lose vision; buttons too far across and I lose ability to click fast enough if it's an ability I don't have hot-keyed.

http://s205.photobucket.com/albums/bb72/klaughihin/WoW/

There are fairly recent pics for my ui, it's for my little (low-level) Druid, but it is almost identical to my Mage's UI, I'll add some pics of that tonight when I get home from work.

On my Mage I have a ton of things macro'd to reduce the amount of buttons needed to be shown. All my mounts are on one button, both trinkets on one button, 2 spells in one button, etc, depending on how I click/what key combo I use to determine which gets cast/used.

my ui using Button Facade and Bartender 4, I recommend them - I was using bongos prior to 3.0 and the transition was simple

I went from Bongos to Trinity and, after a brief period of using Bartender 4, I'm now using Macaroon.

I don't like the 10x12 addons as the ones I've tried are too limiting. If I need a bar with 15 buttons on it I have to use 2 bars to do it and the unused button IDs on the second bar are lost. Same if I need a bar with less then 12 buttons. I don't like that.
    Although, if you bounce between more then one computer, they might be a more convenient choice as they use the Blizzard button assignments which are now stored server side so you don't have to maintain the button assignments for each computer individually.

I didn't like Macaroon at first but after running into a wall with the button limitations in Bar4, I took the time to figure it out and am now very happy with it as I can do anything I could want with it with no real limitations.
    More knowledge can be gained in an hour of arguing against those who espouse your own beliefs than in a lifetime of blindly agreeing with them. -Me

Quote Originally Posted by klaugh
    For the most part, I choose utility over looks, I play on a small 17 inch wide screen monitor, so I'm cramped for vertical space so the bottom of my screen can't have too much height or I lose vision; buttons too far across and I lose ability to click fast enough if it's an ability I don't have hot-keyed.
    I'd suggest you to use Sunn Viewport Art, it can 'push' the bottom of the screen up and make space for the fancy things. In the screenshot I posted as an example, there's no screen behind all that blue UI.

The black thing you see is actually 'nothing'. That's Sunn Art wich does that, and then I use eePanels2 to put some of all the art on it.

I'm using a 17" too by the way, although not widescreen!

I've seem to got into trouble with the Macaroon now. Can't figure out how to change the length of it! I tried all the features I could click on, and nothing happened. You're not supposed to be able to change the size of it, or?

Edit: I found it!

do you really need every button showing? even teleport spells youll rarely use? seems like such a waste to have every spell you have on display (same with bags, do you really need to look in a specific bag?), would make more sense to have them either auto-fade or condensed into a single key addon like oPie which has been mentioned.

Quote Originally Posted by Farcough
    do you really need every button showing? even teleport spells youll rarely use? seems like such a waste to have every spell you have on display (same with bags, do you really need to look in a specific bag?), would make more sense to have them either auto-fade or condensed into a single key addon like oPie which has been mentioned.
    Quote Originally Posted by Norroar
    I just noticed your edit Lysonis, and I went to check out a video on the authors site! It looks really cool, and I will definitely try to check it out. Thanks alot!

I like the idea of having them auto-fade, though! That was a great idea :]