Resistance gear needed in Wotlk raids?

This may have been covered before; if so I do apologize for the repeat, but has Blizzard said if resistance gear is needed in any of the Wotlk raids? If so or not so, can you redirect me to the blue post. Thank you

Re: Resistance gear needed in Wotlk raids?

obviously some resistance gear will help, but maybe I should have been more specific. Fights like Leo in SSC where you NEED fire resist in order to even have a chance to down him. Are there going to be any boss fights in Wotlk that NEED a certain type of resist in order to down him/her like Leo? Or can you get away w/o having a resist set?

An wild guess, Frost resistance might be needed. Have seen some blacksmith craftable items that have frost resistance, and if im not wrong here, some items also have fire resistance.

I'm sure there will be something like this. They have done it in both other WoW versions and I don't expect them to change it now. The difference is that besides mother shaz I can't think of a single raid in TBC where you had to have EVERYONE with a certain type of gear.

Even on Leo you only need 1 MAYBE 2 FR tanks.

Mother was the only cock block in TBC as far as farming resistance gear.

/shrug

We will see.

Quote Originally Posted by Bloodsoaked
    I'm sure there will be something like this. They have done it in both other WoW versions and I don't expect them to change it now. The difference is that besides mother shaz I can't think of a single raid in TBC where you had to have EVERYONE with a certain type of gear.

Even on Leo you only need 1 MAYBE 2 FR tanks.

Mother was the only cock block in TBC as far as farming resistance gear.

/shrug

We will see.
    Don't need SR gear for Mother anymore either, which is pretty depressing for those of us who got the sets ._.

Well considering there is an achievement to do Sapphiron with less than 100 frost resist... I imagine that it will be required to learn with... but will become a non factor once the fight is on farm.

Quote Originally Posted by Chainsodomy
    Don't need SR gear for Mother anymore either, which is pretty depressing for those of us who got the sets ._.
    Aww poor you.. You're not alone, but I don't care let the Pug'ers see and wipe on this fight without knowing this fight would actaully require abit of SR gear.

Quote Originally Posted by Chainsodomy
    keyword :was:

Quote Originally Posted by lafakad
    Well considering there is an achievement to do Sapphiron with less than 100 frost resist... I imagine that it will be required to learn with... but will become a non factor once the fight is on farm.
    this^^^

given there are things like this for every armor type. http://wotlk.wowhead.com/?item=43586 Needing a resist set for learning fights should be expected for some content.

And I feel for all of you that farmed resist sets for raids lol.

Farming the resist sets in TBC was far easier then doing so in Vanilla... In Wrath it will probably be the same... everything just gets easier and easier so the retards who play the game keep paying 15 bucks a month.

Farming the resist sets in TBC was far easier then doing so in Vanilla... In Wrath it will probably be the same... everything just gets easier and easier so the retards who play the game keep paying 15 bucks a month.
    So true, I fall under the category of vanilla resist farmer.. FR ftl -_- where it was a little here and a little there. Now in wrath it looks like all you need are those 3 crafted pieces + your normal gear and a few buffs and your fine. After all a whopping ~280 frost resist on THREE pieces of gear? ffs... resist gear doesn't get much more ezmode than that lol!

Quote Originally Posted by lafakad
    I'm not sure sapph requires frost resist to get down. Maybe in the 25-man version, but certainly not the 10. It would be utterly ridiculous for the first raid instance to require any sort of heavy FR requirements, they learned that lesson back in MC.

Quote Originally Posted by mickj
    I'm not sure sapph requires frost resist to get down. Maybe in the 25-man version, but certainly not the 10. It would be utterly ridiculous for the first raid instance to require any sort of heavy FR requirements, they learned that lesson back in MC.
    25 man version is even easier. 10 man you can get away with using an aura which would keep you from getting the Achievement if I'm not mistaken... yet with 2 healers you might wanna use it till you got more gear.

25 man version is even easier. 10 man you can get away with using an aura which would keep you from getting the Achievement if I'm not mistaken... yet with 2 healers you might wanna use it till you got more gear.
    Ah yes, I forgot about the 130 resistance auras/totems. That's certainly a reasonable if that's all you need for the encounter.

I still dislike those types of encounters. RNG can always ream you good if it wants to.

Quote Originally Posted by Nibblez
    After all a whopping ~280 frost resist on THREE pieces of gear? ffs... resist gear doesn't get much more ezmode than that lol!
    You are forgetting that gear in wrath has significantly higher stats, and the stats like resistance, hit and crit all have a reduced effect per item point. 280 is not a lot for a level 80 really

As for the auras, we should hopefully be able to downrank them to our TBC ones which will keep us below the 100 resistance barrier for the achievement