AP->SP conversion (how much) and haste question

What is the conversion rate of AP to spellpower for Paladins now? I'm thinking it's 30% but I can't remember for sure.

Also, does haste have an effect on weapon speed? I just got some plate with haste on it and I've noticed my spells are a bit faster to cast but can't really tell if I'm auto-attacking any faster.

Re: AP->SP conversion (how much) and haste question

as far as i know there is no conversion, relevant abilities gain a benefit from attack power AND spell power at the same time, e.g. consecration

and ye haste benefits your melee swings
    Awesome since 1986 - Armory

Maybe I'm thinking 30% stam is converted to SP? is that right?

Deleted

There is no conversion in general.

There are talents for this kinda stuff, take a look at the calc to find em.

Retribution can spec 30%AP -> Spellpower
    Protection can spec 30%Stam -> Spellpower
    Holy can spec 20%Int -> Spellpower

And everything paladins have are affected by spell power and attack power. Sheath of light(talent) grants you the attack power -> spell power. 3 point talent. 10, 20, and 30% of AP = SP.

Ah, so it's talented based on spec. I knew there was a conversion of some kind, I just didn't remember it was talented.

Thanks for the help ;D

well it isnt just talented either. many abilities come standard with an AP conversion. take consecration. its power boost is 32% spell power and 32% AP. so it doesn't need a talent, it will fit itself to you. other abilities are similar
    all hail king frost strike

Quote Originally Posted by acedanger
    Also, does haste have an effect on weapon speed? I just got some plate with haste on it and I've noticed my spells are a bit faster to cast but can't really tell if I'm auto-attacking any faster.
    It's hard to notice white hits coming much faster useless you have:

A) A ton of haste.
    B) A very slow weapon.

They are coming faster. But it's not very noticeable unless the fight has been going on for some time (i.e. raid).

1st - Spell Hit and Melee Hit have been rolled in to HIT - Notice in your Character screen

2nd - Spell Crit and Melee Crit have been rolled into CRIT - Melee and Spell may read different due to talents, however with no talents and only gear on they should read the same.

3rd - Melee Haste and Spell Haste have been rolled in to HASTE - You should see the weapon swing in your character change when adding haste items and tool tip on spells will change to reflect the added haste.

4th - Ret gets 30% AP converted to SP, Prot gets 30% of Stam to SP, Holy gets gimped at 20% of Int to SP

Most offinsive Spells and Attacks have a percentage of the damage added from both AP, SP, and (mw-MW)
    Healing is only SP except for Judgment of Light
    Judgment of Wisdom is now only 1% base mana

[Edit]
    May I add some more information
    Stack Strength
    Keep Hit around 140
    Armor Penetration to around 60-70 (Raid Bosses)
    Then stack Haste

SoM > SoC
    DS procs SoM on all targets affected by DS damage
    Judgement is top Priority (with changes to Righteous Vengeance today its very important)
    Hammer is Greater then DS/CS/Ex/Con use on cool down (unless judgment is up)

I don't heal STUPID, Stupid SHOULD HURT!
    Syntyche - Disc Priest