Page 1 of 2
LastLast

Blizzard ruined my profession.

With the patch came class changes the elevation of Pallys to god like dps along with other things including the one pot per fight. This is the death of a large part of alchemy. If one is limited to one pot per fight whats the first to go. Resistance pots while in the past these would sell with some frequency now you are better off just taking them to the vendor. Then there is the potions that boost damage, heroic strength, destro pots, haste, ect. gone. For the most part people are saving their one pot for mana/health. Great job blizzard. Now instead of 1/2 my recipes being worthless you just added another 25%. Leaving me good for flasks and health/mana.

Re: Blizzard ruined my profession.

I'm not dependant on pots.. so.. No loss here. :3
    Obelodalix
    "There will be a mount reward for killing Deathwing."
    http://t2.gstatic.com/images?q=tbn:A...c3VvPCVHwc_kWA

Odd, my alchemy still seems to be working fine.

Lul, I have to agree. One pot per fight does fail.
    It's also less dps 4 meh

OMG did you see what they did to JC as well? All those recipes I learned at lvl 70 and spent 20000g collecting are now useless. I can't believe blizzard would do this to JC.

Honestly its a game. Alchemists will stay have transmutes. And the passive bonus they get from flasks is huge. Also I heard rumors of alchemists being able to use pots in arena now as well.
    Beauty now spawns with only two pups in Heroic difficulty. Not to worry though, the missing pup has been adopted by a wonderful, if not insane family.

I'm glad that Blizzard cares about the little things...

I plane on making my DK a alch, Should I go Elixir , Potion or Transmute master? I will be raiding alot so im guessing Elixir to proc more flask?

Was I the only one who hoped this was going to be a 'I became addicted to WoW and lost my job' thread?

Quote Originally Posted by Abuelo
    Was I the only one who hoped this was going to be a 'I became addicted to WoW and lost my job' thread?
    one week till the expansion, you still may get you wish, just gotta wait a week or 2

at least you can already try out the wotlk ELIXIERS with mad alchemists potion i just had it procc a +58 SP elixier

oh and i still make shitloads of cash with alchemy, good thing im specialized in elixiers and not potions though :P
    The World of Warcraft is a game of much complexity, sometimes there's fire, and you have to not stand in it

xheouls guide to wow.

Quote Originally Posted by Macfly
    one week till the expansion, you still may get you wish, just gotta wait a week or 2
    Haha! Well played!

It's also worth bearing in mind that we are going to have an awful lot of mana regen kicking about in WOTLK so things like mana pots were going to be less desirable anyway. Like someone said, the Mixology bonus is fairly huge and there are still ways to make money such as transmuting.

What I am really interested in is if they will make Transmute mastery a little better, considering how undesirable it was before.

Quote Originally Posted by kerwyn
    Too bad arena is crap.

Useless unless they allow those in PvE, imo.

But those potions will be highly sale-able

Quote Originally Posted by Sykk
    Very silly comment my friend.
    Because I dislike Arena? Alright.

If they're constrained to PvP only, then yes, to me, they are useless. If they're worldwide usable, then I can see some benefit to these things beyond overcharging ArenaNerdRagers on the AH.

Lol, I feel yah. I am a ret pally, and was chain-chugging mana pots, so I picked up Alch solely for the Alch stones with the 40% bonus and to make free mana pots on the side. After 3.0 I dropped it so hard the ground shook. Now I'm waiting for more inscription recipes to get added!

Quote Originally Posted by Chainsodomy
    Because I dislike Arena? Alright.

If they're constrained to PvP only, then yes, to me, they are useless. If they're worldwide usable, then I can see some benefit to these things beyond overcharging ArenaNerdRagers on the AH.
    So you demand to be able to use a potion that heals for less health than ones currently in game outside of the arena?

Fight the power man, fight it hard.

But those potions will be highly sale-able
    bop hunny
    I tasted bacon.. one day..

Quote Originally Posted by Xavi
    bop hunny
    I suppose it is too late to claim that I knew that along?

So you demand to be able to use a potion that heals for less health than ones currently in game outside of the arena?

Fight the power man, fight it hard.
    I demand nothing from these, hence the "these potions are useless" comment. I'd rather whip up a stack of healing pots and make an injector, throw on my Alc stone, and sit on one pot for a whole fight. I don't see the point in these things outside of arena, I guess you missed the gist of that. My point was, they'd have more viability on a whole being able to be used anywhere, not just arena. Doesn't change the fact that the hp/mp gain back from them is still terribad.

Quote Originally Posted by Chainsodomy
    I don't see the point in these things outside of arena, I guess you missed the gist of that. My point was, they'd have more viability on a whole being able to be used anywhere, not just arena. Doesn't change the fact that the hp/mp gain back from them is still terribad.
    Which...walk with me on this....is why they are restricted to the arena? Possibly? Perhaps? Maybe?

It's a cooldown that people in the arena don't have at the minute. Which means that whatever it heals it is EXTRA health. Which.....is bad? If you aren't going to go into the arena, and you dont want to use them, why are you so empassioned about them being restricted to the arena?

I can't be dealing with this kind of logic at my time of life.