Haste vs. Crit for Holy Paladins?

Since the patch I have been having mana issues on my holy paladin.

I have been considering changing the haste gems I have for intellect or crit. I know a shaman in my guild regemmed intellect and has like 17k mana buffed and said he is glad he did it. I was thinking crit would be good to stack because of illumination and infusion of light. I would like to hear from other people about how they have adjusted their gear since that patch or if they have stacked crit and what the result was.

I probably have about 6 yellow slots I could regem with intellect or crit.

Re: Haste vs. Crit for Holy Paladins?

imo crit>haste. You will get almost all the haste you need from judment (15%) with the new patch.

I'm posting this as a moderately geared paladin (ZA/Badge loot and whatnot) so I don't know anything from a SWP p.o.v. which is where I've seen most of the haste come into play. Personally I prefer crit over haste, and I think most paladins should consider redoing their gems for that, simply because we've lost our ability to chain chug mana pots (which is the only reason we, or any other healer really, never went oom). Without Divine Plea we're kinda of stuck. That being say, Divine Plea will be ours in a week, so if you're gear is T6+ that will hold you until you're level 80, you might want to keep the haste gems in anyway.

In regards to Int vs. Crit... it's about a .25% crit difference between a +10 cri and a +10 int gem, I think, so honestly there's no real reason to go crit, to me. Int gives us spell power, too, and we get 15% extra int on top of that, so I believe it's more beneficial than just straight up crit, but again I haven't even gone full-out haste so I can't really say that crit is better than haste based on experience or anything, just my thoughts.

Sig Made by the amazing Rayde

My gear is mostly terrible, I'm sitting at 26% unbuffed holy crit (+6% from talents for HS/HL, +5% HL from 2 piece T6) and Brutallus was the first fight I was really struggling for mana, I've been starting to gem for haste.

You can go read a metric ton of theorycrafting at www.elitistjerks.com in their forums, look for the healadin thread.

Personally, I will be seeking gear that favors crit over haste, I won't spend points on JotP, I will be minimum 18 into Ret for 8% more crit.

I have gemmed for int, but that gemming was for TBC. Yet to sit down and figure whether Crit exceeds Int on gem. Will say that Int gives the most bang for your buck (mana, spell crit, spell power)

Crit is the engine that drives holy paladin mana, more we can crit, less we can spend.

Also, judging the WotLK gear, you will have haste just from our "standard" gear, T7 four of the pieces combine for 203 haste rating.

Silver

Well I'm not the best geared Pally out there but I do know some food for thought about my class and spec and you really want to go with Crit > everything. The higher you're crit is obviously you'll crit more often thus giving you a fair amount of mana back to keep you through a boss fight. I agree with the post above that you'll get enough Haste with the nex expansion from judging so I wouldn't worry about stacking Haste gem for the current Holy Pally builds. For raids consumealbes you might want to look into getting are Skullfish Soup for food and Adept's Elixir and Elxir of Draenic Wisdom or Flask of Distilled Wisdom or the mana Regen one if you prefer that one.

I have 11k Mana unbuffed at the moment without any int gems what so ever.

http://www.wowarmory.com/character-s...27gall&n=Delod

That's my paladin, and as you can tell the only gems I have are spellpower. I'm really glad I did that, I have 22% Holy Crit + 6% for Holy Shock and Holy Light for a total of 28% on those and 2% (from gloves) for Flash of Light for a total of 24% for that. For me, skipping out on crit gems has been more rewarding, I used to have all crit gems, and I did crit SLIGHTLY more but for significantly less.

It's all how you play tho, and as it stands I crit a lot.

EDIT: Just realized my sig is out of date haha better change that .