Page 1 of 2
LastLast

Ret will be fine, fixes planned

So Blizzard are considering. (Read all the blue ghostcrawler posts but to lazy to find them)

-Righteous Vegeance DOTs to stack upto 5 times.
    -11 prot talent PVP ability (Can't be too strong cause Holy will have access to it too)
    -Maybe adding a secondary effect to Crusader Strike (Don't expect a mortal strike or anything)
    -Bubble and Avengin Wrath to have 30 sec shared cooldown
    -Drains/Manaburn drain a pecentage of your mana so it doesn't matter if you're a ret paladin or a priest with 15k mana.

I actually really like what's going to happen if they fix us up like this with more PVP viable abilities. Ret currently was a skilless braindead spec that killed stuff before they could even use up all their cooldowns. Taking away ridiculous burst and giving some PVP viable utility was the way to go about it in the first place.

If promises hold true, I think we'll finally have that necessary arena utility..

Re: Ret will be fine, fixes planned

Quote Originally Posted by azazela31
    So Blizzard are considering. (Read all the blue ghostcrawler posts but to lazy to find them)

-11 prot talent PVP ability (Can't be too strong cause Holy will have access to it too)
    -Maybe adding a secondary effect to Crusader Strike (Don't expect a mortal strike or anything)
    -Drains/Manaburn drain a pecentage of your mana so it doesn't matter if you're a ret paladin or a priest with 15k mana.

I actually really like what's going to happen if they fix us up like this with more PVP viable abilities. Ret currently was a skilless braindead spec that killed stuff before they could even use up all their cooldowns. Taking away ridiculous burst and giving some PVP viable utility was the way to go about it in the first place.

If promises hold true, I think we'll finally have that necessary arena utility..

The same hammer that shatters the glass, forges the steel

All we must do now is hold fast and give faith to the powers we have no utter grasp on.
    Armour is no protection against the blessed tools of the righteous

I have mixed feelings about this.

Either A)

The proposed ideas come through and ret makes it debut as a respectable, viable, and contributing spec in PvE and PvP

OR B)

They know what we want and dangle it in front of us. We (the community not just ret-paladins) have been promised things before that have never materialized. I do not agree with nerf and promise now deliver later. If they wanted to nerf us they should have been ready with our fix as well. Not nerf and forget.

Oh well. Time will tell.

Quote Originally Posted by Applegarth

All we must do now is hold fast and give faith to the powers we have no utter grasp on.
    /Grant Respect.

"I like to call it a CRUCIBLE!!!"

"Yeah, that does sound cool!"

EDIT: Okay, yeah, we probably won't see the secondary effect on CS anytime soon.

I hope the prot PvP talent can be used in some way to offer a damage advantage for Holy, and a mobility advantage for Ret.

I hope the secondary effect on CS is aimed at making our offensive seals more ... well... available. I make no secrets that I hate Blood, I rolled a Paladin SPECIFICALLY to avoid the growing emo/darkness trend, and now look what's been dropped in my lap as the only seal worth using as Ret... crap.

Drains/manaburns in % and DS+AW 30 sec CD will happen,but it will be very nice if the others you mentioned will too.

I'd give Blizzard more credit this time around, Warhammer is out and it shows on their communication, and it'll most likely stay that way now they've got more competition.

Wether you like War or not it does benefit everyone that it's out, it's as if BMW has been the only carbrand out for all time, with the occasional yugo popping up, and now Audi entered the market, so they're forced to up themselves.

15+ Year Old Account

Quote Originally Posted by Applegarth
    You sir, have my respect.
    Quote Originally Posted by Qieth
    I don't do math, blind assumptions work so much better for me.

Sounds nice... but we will see

you dont need fixing you plank ..inc more nerfs

15+ Year Old Account

BLIZZ DEVELOPERS

Try not to get worried, try not to turn on to
    Changes that upset you, oh.
    Don't you know
    Everything's alright, yes, everything's fine.
    And we want you to play well tonight.
    Let the balance happen without you tonight.
    If we try, we'll get by, so forget all about nerfs tonight
    Quote Originally Posted by Spacegoatmeep View Post
    I have it on good authority that the Park needs to be as it currently is for the launch of Legion.

As part of the opening event Illidan flys down into Stormwind, points over towards the Park and says "You are not repaired!"

15+ Year Old Account

they are thinking it over. they might consider that pally dmg needs to be lower even when they say they will change/buff it on some points.

TO THE GROUND BABY!
    This.

Deleted

Ret is fine with 3.0.3 changes.

I'm sorry, but the way how blizzard and kalagan's Meat shield <name Ghostcrawler> seem to be acting just makes me
    believe that this was probbaly a joke. To be honest, i just dont flat out trust those two anymore, One moment youre
    getting told something the next thing you know youre somewhere in the desert with just a jug of water.

Still as for the 3.0.3 patch, some of the changes were... different. Though me and a fellow pally noticed alot
    of ninja changes within this patch that just made me wanna go .
    The Mana changes that they put in will make you struggle when the demand for DPS goes up
    and more than likely if its just you <a Retri pally> and no other. Youre gonna have to slow
    your rotation down and your keep your wisdom and seal of wisdom up until you get back up to 100%
    mana. 15% return seems about right until you slap that into acctual works. 20% or at least 25% might
    seem reasonable when the demand hits.

Anyone have any other opionions ABOUT WHAT I HAD POSTED?
    My advatar makes it hard for people to take me seriously.

Same opinion.

First GC says the burst has to get nerfed without nerfing the PVE dmg.
    Then GC says the PVE dmg is to high and has to get tuned down.

just one of many examples...

EDIT: I've found the blueposts:

16. October
    As I stated yesterday, we are happy with Ret's PvE damage and sustatined damage in PvP, but were concerned that the burst damage in PvP could be too high...
    26. October
    As I tried to explain before, we concluded a couple of weeks ago that Retribution was doing too much damage in PvP. We tried to nerf the burst damage through the previous changes to Divine Storm etc. Unfortunately, those changes didn't prove sufficient. Not only were paladins still destroying other classes in PvP, but we also found their PvE damage, even at level 80, was too high....

something else I forgot to add, when they did the hotfixes on patch 3.0.2. I figured why not
    test out my spec's limit. Well, i'll just go with this. I've never had so much fun killing
    wave after wave after wave after wave of Undead and demons inside the
    Scar at quel'Thras. It was getting to the point when my pally friend joined me in it.

I even went solo against Don carlos and his pet dog, Granted i struggled the first few times
    but after getting the hang of it...

Well I think I'll the vid say it for me.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xVe6KW7MJZ8

I mean come on its not like Not EVERY Class out there cant solo this guy.. Right?

Right?!

I've soloed don carlos with my moonkin bevore the patch with the new skills was released...

Quote Originally Posted by Cronk
    I've soloed don carlos with my moonkin bevore the patch with the new skills was released...

whew, that puts me in a relife. Its good to know I'm not alone on this.

Has anyone else?

Quote Originally Posted by Segar
    something else I forgot to add, when they did the hotfixes on patch 3.0.2. I figured why not
    test out my spec's limit. Well, i'll just go with this. I've never had so much fun killing
    wave after wave after wave after wave of Undead and demons inside the
    Scar at quel'Thras. It was getting to the point when my pally friend joined me in it.

I even went solo against Don carlos and his pet dog, Granted i struggled the first few times
    but after getting the hang of it...

Well I think I'll the vid say it for me.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xVe6KW7MJZ8

I mean come on its not like Not EVERY Class out there cant solo this guy.. Right?

Right?!
    he looks pretty easy.
    with the new changes ret paladins can solo almost anything(Ok not anything)

me and a friend downed onyxia easily. he tankt(he was pvp boomkin) and I healed an dpsed.(Im a full s1 retri pally with a pvp spec)
    i did'nt even go OOM
    Nerf 5 VS 1!!

All this sounds nice, and I really hope they Change RV, cus the new dot sucks !

It sucks cus it doesnt stack... if u crit with both judgement and DS !!

I really hope they fix that...!!!