Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst

Re: best warlock professions in wrath

can we get a source on this?
    Inscription - Extra Glyph spot. Not useful now but at 80 with more glyphs it can be excellent.
    so 7 total glyphs spots?

not just the 1 major thats unlocked at 80?

15+ Year Old Account

pick tialoring got no value at all.

the craftables are pretty crappy compared to even some heroic loot.
    tailoring in lich cant be compared to the OP things we could do in TBC.
    the perc u get from it is worthless too, huge internal cd that make it crappy.

enchanting is always one u should get and most if not all threads here agree on that.
    for your second profession alce, inscript or jc maybe (no order among those)
    But soon after Mr Xi secured a third term, Apple released a new version of the feature in China, limiting its scope. Now Chinese users of iPhones and other Apple devices are restricted to a 10-minute window when receiving files from people who are not listed as a contact. After 10 minutes, users can only receive files from contacts.
    Apple did not explain why the update was first introduced in China, but over the years, the tech giant has been criticised for appeasing Beijing.

The extra glyph slot for Incriptors was removed a while ago, now they just get bop shoulder enchants.

Alchemy - Double the duration from flasks. Not worth it, and you should never ever have to use a potion as a warlock
    if you were serious about raiding and you didnt chain chug mana pots then you fail
    s4 gladiator - 2v2(lock/dodo) and 3v3(shadowplay)
    s5 gladiator - 2v2 (disc/rogue) and 3v3(rmp)
    s6 gladiator - 2v2 (disc/hunter) INCOMING!!

<3 Alchemy and Engineering.
    But thats just me.
    Betrayer...
    In truth, it was I who was betrayed.
    Still, I am hunted.
    Still, I am hated.
    Now, my blind eyes can see what others cannot.
    That sometimes the hand of fate must be forced!
    Now go forth...
    Unleash the tides of Doom...
    Upon all those...
    Who would oppose us.

- Illidan Stormrage The Betrayer, Lord of Outland

Quote Originally Posted by Rozwell
    ive looked at a lot of the info about professions on this site and i am curious about peoples opinions about best pve professions for wrath on a lock.

supposedly tailoring is gimped but who knows for certain.

i would love peoples opinions
    There is a good summary of profession benefits here:
    http://forums.worldofwarcraft.com/th...32811&sid=2000

However, the alchemy benefit is overstated. I think when the info in the post above was published people thought that Mixology gave a flat 50% increase, which is not the case. It looks as though the benefit from Mixology has been tweaked by Blizzard so that the Alchemy benefit to a DPS caster is in line with the other professions that a DPS caster might choose. Source:
    http://forums.worldofwarcraft.com/th...Id=10043232811

And yeah, unless something is changes, tailoring looks relatively weak compared to other professions in terms of its benefit to PVE DPS. Blizz could quickly and easily fix this with a patch, so if you have tailoring, you may want to wait and see: make yourself some early epics to help your Naxx group along and then, and as you progress, if there is no new benefit to tailoring and you really want to max out your DPS potential in PVE, look at dropping tailoring.

Quote Originally Posted by yaba
    You are quite wrong on that.. there are indeed usable drums at level 80
    http://www.spooncraft.com/breaking-n...the-expansion/
    you link an article from june? lol
    they made the decision to not use drums a few weeks ago I believe, maybe a month. I'm sure you can find the source here on mmo-champion

Only chime in on cool factor...Tailor/Chant

Take a magic carpet ride...

Quote Originally Posted by Talimar
    they made the decision to not use drums a few weeks ago I believe, maybe a month. I'm sure you can find the source here on mmo-champion
    Cant find anything on this.. yes there was a drum nerf, they now apply a 2min debuff that prevents you from casting drums.. that is the only subject on the matter I can find though.
    Once a drunken pirate, alwaysh a drunken pirate... Hic!

Tailoring was one of the best professions for a warlock in TBC, but I know it's not gonna be as good in Wrath. But who knows what will be added in future patches.
    Enchanting is something you can never go wrong with. They are continuing with the exclusive ring enchants, so it will provide extra DPS
    Inscription - I didn't know they changed the extra glyph thing

I have Alchemy/herbing for long time.alchemy works really good if you have another character with engineering(in my case Pally with mining/engineering,crusader aura is nice 20%mount speed increase,so easy to go and get some primals from gas clouds,then transmute mats into skyfire/earthstorm diamonds.) you can make decent gold just on transmutes,not including making pots or elixirs with mats you pick up around.that was in BC,but I think not much will change in WoTLK(can't say much,haven't played on test servers).

What about arena? Which ones would be the best for high rate arena battles?

thanks for everyones input. i will keep enchanting and at 80 drop mining and take up jewelcrafting.

imo from these discussions it sounds like for arenas u would be best with jewelcrafting, inscription, enchanting and dont take tailoring mining or herbalism alchemy.
    Signature removed. Please read our guidelines. Venara

Ill go with enchanting/Jc

I still have tailoring, and im planning to keep it untill lvl 80.
    Dunno for sure if im gonna lvl it to max, i guess not but still the increased cloth drops is pretty nice.
    So i should be able to get a little money boost from it at 80
    (wich i should need to lvl another profession)

Im going to get herbalism then, along with my current enchanting <3
    (gg farming herbs with swift flight form )