Page 1 of 3
LastLast

This a new Paladin Tier? (If So, which is it)

I like the look.
    Paladins are Cool Now?
    What happen to Kalgan?

Re: This a new Paladin Tier? (If So, which is it)

thats the armor the argent protecters wear in the final DK quest.
    blizz will more than likely re-use it

do you have a better picture of the shoulders? I really wouldnt mind that as a .5 set or something, but i really hope any future tier gear has a damn closed helm.

would that be the "omg the holy f*cking viking regalia"

im gessing dungeon set for WotLK?

Looks like a BS set

Edit: Brilliant Titansteel Helm.

Quote Originally Posted by Ida
    Looks like a BS set

Edit: Brilliant Titansteel Helm.
    CRAP >
    Paladins are Cool Now?
    What happen to Kalgan?

Quote Originally Posted by Knighthonor
    CRAP >
    Wouldn't say crap just yet all I found was the helm.

Question for Paladins out there.

For our WoTLK set models,

would you like a more Gothic Zealot look like the Dreadnaught,
    for example:

or would you like a More Honorable Holy Knight type model?
    For example:

Paladins are Cool Now?
    What happen to Kalgan?

dude the 2nd set of armor is freaking badass....if we could have something like that I would LOVE it.

Deleted

Why would a paladin, a holy warrior, follower of the light, wear armor with skulls. Or even worse: a head stuck on his shoulder plates.

I can appreciate you not wanting pink or purple sets again, but this doesn't seems very paladin-ish to me. The 4th pic (1st More Honorable Holy Knight type model) looks good, imo.

Quote Originally Posted by joopxiv
    Why would a paladin, a holy warrior, follower of the light, wear armor with skulls. Or even worse: a head stuck on his shoulder plates.

I can appreciate you not wanting pink or purple sets again, but this doesn't seems very paladin-ish to me. The 4th pic (1st More Honorable Holy Knight type model) looks good, imo.

That answer your question?
    Paladins are Cool Now?
    What happen to Kalgan?

that might be t7.

i dont get it u linked a warriors t3 armor ?

Legendary!
    15+ Year Old Account

Aura/ashbringer says it's a pala, reminds me of Mograine

I must say alot of the armor things ur showing look like DK stuff

Quote Originally Posted by choggy

i dont get it u linked a warriors t3 armor ?
    http://www.wowwiki.com/Alexandros_Mograine

read up on it.
    Paladins are Cool Now?
    What happen to Kalgan?

Deleted

No.

Looks like Mograine indeed, but I don't know if we should see him as a paladin role model. The armor looks like the stuff he's wearing in the SM event with the corrupted Ashbringer, which can only be obtained by killing Mograine as a deathknight in the old Naxx. So when you see him there, you see the ghost of Mograine, after he has been a deathknight, and might be wearing his evil armor. In this (crappy) screenshot here, he's wearing something else: http://images2.wikia.nocookie.net/wo..._Flashback.jpg

Player character paladins (alliance at least) are more or less considered followers of Uther, followers of the light, and I don't really see how skull ornamented armor agrees with that.

Just an FYI, this is Mograine, the true Ashbringer (a title given to him because of the name of the weapon he carries...) He was not a Paladin, he was just a warrior. End of discussion.

I liked the 4th set of armor in the OP's post, it looks pretty baller. The 3rd set of armor definitely looks like it would be death knight armor.

Quote Originally Posted by grenalden
    Just an FYI, this is Mograine, the true Ashbringer (a title given to him because of the name of the weapon he carries...) He was not a Paladin, he was just a warrior. End of discussion.

I liked the 4th set of armor in the OP's post, it looks pretty baller. The 3rd set of armor definitely looks like it would be death knight armor.
    He was a Paladin of the Silver Hand.

Warriors get this armor set in honor of him. Warriors in WoW are 50% of the Paladin-Warrior which is a RPG term for the Lore Paladins.
    The original Dreadnaught was the armor of Highlord Alexandros Mograine, founder of the Scarlet Crusade. Korfax explains the lore:

"The first suit of Dreadnaught armor was made exclusively for the Scarlet Highlord Mograine. Whilst donning the full suit, the Highlord looked himself to be a demon from the depths of the Nether.

Aye, 'twas quite a sight to behold as Mograine would wade into a hundred Scourge, Ashbringer held high, and come out on the other side in a cloud of dust and flames - enemies left in ashes beneath his feet.

It was not until after his controversial death that the knights and warriors of Lordaeron would wear similarly fashioned suits in honor of their fallen hero. While the death of Mograine was a great victory for Kel'Thuzad, the resulting martyrdom would be felt until the end of the war.
    Paladins are Cool Now?
    What happen to Kalgan?

Deleted

Quote Originally Posted by grenalden
    Whether the sword was named after the wielder or the other way around is a rather trivial discussion, the dialogue in Caverns of Time: Durnholde suggests that it was given to the sword first.
    Commander Mograine: "I have seen it... From this blessed crystal we will forge a weapon. This weapon will hold inside it a piece of each of us... And when it is used against undead, it shall cast them down. And in it's wake, it will leave only ashes..."
    Tirion Fordring : "The Ashbringer..."
    Arcanist Doan: "The Ashbringer..."
    Fairbanks : "The Ashbringer..."
    Abbendis : "The Ashbringer..."
    Isillien : "The Ashbringer..."
    However, Mograine certainly was more a paladin then anything else. NPC's of some class are not exact copies of the player version, but an ability like "Righteous Fire", as well as "smiting his trecherous son with a blast of light" suggest a Paladinish background. Just like Mortals Strike and Hamstring suggests Warriors, and humping pillars suggest Druids.

The fact that Wowwiki says so as well isn't a great argument in itself, but I consider it a clue nonetheleast.