Prot as viable pvp build?

I like to tank and I love to pvp.Normally I am ret specced but I was wondering if protection can be a viable pvp build?

May be something like this?
    http://talent.mmo-champion.com/?pala...15251033012321

Can`t wait to hear your thoughts.

Re: Prot as viable pvp build?

It's ok but either way you go you're gimped in PvE as a tank due to little things like Imp Devo and Imp Right Fury...and major thigns like not having Argent Defender. Touched by the Light is also a HUGE spell power boost which will definitely help with threat.

If you want to PvP as Prot then just spec Prot and PvP it's that simple. In all BG's you have some role you can fill as Prot:

WSG: Flags
    EotS:Flags/Tower defense
    AB:Node Defense
    AV: Tanking NPC's

As Prot with good gear you can easily defend nodes/towers solo due to high survivability+AE dmg to break caps.

As for Arena...well there just isn't much room for Prot. I suppose maybe in a 5v it would do ok if you can keep the other team bunched up enough to take advantage of the AE dmg you can dish out...but in all honesty you'd probably be gimping your team out of a dps or healer.

The major problem you'll have as a prot paladin is convincing people to attack you instead of ignoring you and killing your friends. Avenger's Shield is great for stopping runners and Hammer of the Righteous is glorious for damage, but you won't see much from Holy Shield and mana returns from Blessing of Sanctuary will be low. So follow Gnomexus' advice and force your opponents to kill you by carrying flags and stopping them from capping nodes.

At 75 Shield of Righteousness will help with burst damage.

And go with a normal prot spec.

I've been hearing good things about warrior prot PvP. Much less so about pally prot PvP. Can't wait to get our shield slam so we can do some more testing.

So my belief is that, yes we can hold our own in battlegrounds, but achieving a real arena rating will be another issue.

Quote Originally Posted by Gomexus
    WSG: Flags
    EotS:Flags/Tower defense
    AB:Node Defense
    AV: Tanking NPC's

As Prot with good gear you can easily defend nodes/towers solo due to high survivability+AE dmg to break caps.
    That is the boring (and true) way to PvP prot. Solo capping a bunker in AV with 3-4 allies in there the whole time is really as much fun as you can have.