Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst

Re: Destruction warlocks...whats the deal!?

Tried it...even scrub rogues will not let you out of stunlock in time to cast /dance

If I didn't have someone in my face...hits like a truck. Went BG'ing in raid gear w' a pally pocket healer pretending to be ret. Good times if a bit on the wtf side of things.

Random question...anyone get the 2 new battlemaster trinkets or cloak for 35K honor? Worth it? I was thinking just wait till 80 but all opinions welcome...
    User has been banned permanently for trolling.

Quote Originally Posted by Ida
    0/14/47 is the way to go. That's what I'm using and it's awesome in pvp. Only trouble is feral druids that get the jump. Can't seduce and can't fear.
    ok, seen 2 people so far post this build and claim that its awesome, but is there a point using soul link w/ suc?

SL w' the succy means you get to live long enough to cast which you have to do somewhat w' destro... She'll die fast but so will you so I haven't found it an obstacle. The "cast while facing" get me more than anything destro while affliction seems a bit more forgiving in that respect. Maybe I just need to tweak my playstyle some too...
    User has been banned permanently for trolling.

Quote Originally Posted by lrs078
    SL w' the succy means you get to live long enough to cast which you have to do somewhat w' destro... She'll die fast but so will you so I haven't found it an obstacle. The "cast while facing" get me more than anything destro while affliction seems a bit more forgiving in that respect. Maybe I just need to tweak my playstyle some too...
    pfftt a shadowfury stun gives me all the time i need to do watever i want...

and about the direction ? lrn2not keyboard turn and thats taken care off...

felhunter definitely wins hands down.... shadowfury stun into a fear.. throw up CoE and immolate corruption if fear still holds... fear incinerate spell lock.. end of spell lock.. deathcoil... searing pain conflag

not many people live thru that... if they do 1 more shadowfury stun with a shadowburn / searing pain thrown in does the job..

im a warlock with like 150 resil and generally terrible gear and im enjoying destro sooo much =] i can actually blow stuff up and it really doesnt matter if i die real quick because i'll res again
    "oh, we have to stay out of the fire on supremus?"

Quote Originally Posted by Felane
    im a warlock with like 150 resil and generally terrible gear and im enjoying destro sooo much =] i can actually blow stuff up and it really doesnt matter if i die real quick because i'll res again
    im sort of on this train as well. No matter how much res you have and how much you pray that sl and sl will keep you alive, you are going to die regardless. You might as well be a walking time bomb as destro and blow as much things up before you res again.

Plus its more fun than draining... even if the animation rocks. :

Quote Originally Posted by bored059
    You might as well be a walking time bomb as destro and blow as much things up before you res again.

Plus its more fun than draining... even if the animation rocks. :
    lol qft. I might have the most deaths in the BG but I also have the most dmg done, honor kills, and killing blows.

I still miss when you could take out their entire team with teir2 and a succy, in vanilla wow though.. that was pure awesome.
    Once a drunken pirate, alwaysh a drunken pirate... Hic!

the last couple posts seem to be very BG centric where-as most of the posts on this topic have been arena-centric. in an arena are destruction locks the squishiest? i mean shadowfury and fear-lock are all well and good--- not so well and good if you are targeted and stunlocked/killed.

i see a <insert any class here> and a destro lock-- who do you think i'm going after in a 2v2? :P

the one with the least health, least armor, and least mobility... hello warlock!

IM ROg CMN2 GT U!

Quote Originally Posted by antwarpes
    the last couple posts seem to be very BG centric where-as most of the posts on this topic have been arena-centric. in an arena are destruction locks the squishiest? i mean shadowfury and fear-lock are all well and good--- not so well and good if you are targeted and stunlocked/killed.

i see a <insert any class here> and a destro lock-- who do you think i'm going after in a 2v2? :P

the one with the least health, least armor, and least mobility... hello warlock!

IM ROg CMN2 GT U!
    Good point, but as it stands now.....

regardless what spec warlock you are, Rogues will still continue to come after you anyway. Its our counterclass for christs sake.

Meta? Just wait it out with a vanish and reset the fight w/ meta on CD and a dead pet.

Quote Originally Posted by antwarpes
    actually I ran a very successful 3v3 with destro lock, ele shaman, spriest. In 5v5 got into 2k with druid/disc priest - spriest/aff lock/hunter - rogue - destro lock - ele/resto sham. I found that I was able to stay alive for long enough for my team mates to destroy 1-2 people (with the help of insta shadowbolts, shadowburn/fury, dots, etc) the new shadow protection helps even more with that, along with demonic circle.

In 3s the other team didnt usually have 3 people for more then 5sec, which took the edge off of the burn on me..

There are combos that work, and they are fun as hell to play.. The changes with wotlk have just improved the job we do at filling that niche.
    Once a drunken pirate, alwaysh a drunken pirate... Hic!