Poll: As a pvp disc priest. If you had to choose just two out of these three glyphs, which glyph [b]wouldn

Be advised that this is a public poll: other users can see the choice(s) you selected.

Disc Priest - PvP Glyphs

First I wanted all three at 80, but then this article changed the way I view Holy Nova:
    http://www.plusheal.com/viewtopic.ph...st=0&sk=t&sd=a

This shows that with Glyph (and especially in combination with Mental Agility), Holy Nova has both more mana efficiency & more healing per second then PoH & CoH (plus its instant cast of course)

So I’m kinda stuck with a dilemma now...

Re: Disc Priest - PvP Glyphs

your poll only allows one option to be selected

the power word shield one is awesome, i am using it at the moment and as soon as you shield someone healing them back to 100% instantly becomes easier as the oponents or mobs are bashing away at the shield and inadvertantly helping the healer

Quote Originally Posted by Lent
    your poll only allows one option to be selected
    LoL your right, I changed it now

Tbh there all amazing but i would choose the dispell glyph due to it being slightly more situation that the others, whilst the other two can be used in almost any situation.

15+ Year Old Account

Glyph of Power Word: Shield is simply crap. At level 70 it heals your target for 253 and at level 80 it heals your target for 446.

Glyph of Dispel Magic is nice, but how often will you actually be using that? Glyph of Renew is the best. It takes Renew 3 seconds less to do the same amount of healing.
    Statix will suffice.

Quote Originally Posted by Statix
    Glyph of Power Word: Shield is simply crap. At level 70 it heals your target for 253 and at level 80 it heals your target for 446.

Glyph of Dispel Magic is nice, but how often will you actually be using that? Glyph of Renew is the best. It takes Renew 3 seconds less to do the same amount of healing.
    assuming you have 1600 spell power, and all the disc talents to buff shield its something more like 800+ healing..
    (2230 + 0.9*1600) * 1.15= 4220 damage, as well as healing for 844 and dealing 1900 damage, if you have reflective shield.

.. you will endlessly be using dispell magic in pvp.. this glyph takes away from the "oh shit he's taking a lot of damage from those dots and rogue.. is it worth it to dispell?? I think he'll die, fuck it /healing spam" 1200 or more healing on a target you would other wise be using a gcdv only to dispell goes a long way.
    Once a drunken pirate, alwaysh a drunken pirate... Hic!

This is the build I’m currently considering.
    http://www.wowhead.com/?talent=bxhMuGgtMcsV0otfothc

Cheers

Deleted

assuming you have 1600 spell power, and all the disc talents to buff shield its something more like 800+ healing..
    (2230 + 0.9*1600) * 1.15= 4220 damage, as well as healing for 844 and dealing 1900 damage, if you have reflective shield.

.. you will endlessly be using dispell magic in pvp.. this glyph takes away from the "oh shit he's taking a lot of damage from those dots and rogue.. is it worth it to dispell?? I think he'll die, fuck it /healing spam" 1200 or more healing on a target you would other wise be using a gcdv only to dispell goes a long way.

^Exactly

I noticed yesterday that powerword:shield glyph can crit, is this something blizzard implemented yesterday? I did a speedrun kara with my guild yesterday and saw my shield critting for 1,2k twice ina row ;D.

Anyway, i just wanted to point out powerword shield glyph is nice for pve, but depends on personal flavor for pvp, I'd propably go with dispel glyph prior then renew glyph.

Dispel glyph is pure awesom. It heals even when dispel gets resisted, and it crits for almost 1400.
    Shield one is great too. I do nothing but pvp as disc and PWS is plain awesom, certainly now with the new talents. So from my pov that glyph is pretty awesom.

As for renew, there is 2 things to keep in mind;

1. I really don't need my renew to heal more in lesser time, it won't save the day.
    2. Having to keep it up all the time would cost more mana.

So, the benefits from the others are far better. IMO.

My personal favorites are dispell and PW:s glyph. Those are super nice specially against mages and locks. Keep you pretty effectively off from casting.

I was dispelling off a druid tank in hyjal and my dipels were healing him for 1300 with the glyph, not bad imo, good for pvp too. If your gona displ a dot anyway why not take the small heal

Um my shield heals for 800 im lvl 70, what kind of gear are you wearing?
    oh and for pvp i would take dispel over renew because you have to constantly remove debuffs from you
    and your partner in arena or any pvp situation, so extra heals is always nice.
    oh and Renew can be purged and dispelled so it wouldn't benefit as much as dispel glyph would in a pvp situation.

Dispel glyph is a given, you will always want to have it.. it's almost OP.

So the decision is between shield and renew.

Personally i like renew as in pvp you are wanting FAST healing. you deal with alot of burst so healing an extra 200 or so healing per tick is really nice imo. also it actually works out healing more than it does unglyphed, so you wont spend more mana per healing.

I dislike the shield glyph.. I just don't think it gives enough benefit for a major glyph and doesnt quit my playstyle.

This is based on level 70 ofc things will change at 80. really the choice depends on your style of play though they are lal decent options.

Are we forgetting the glyph of Pain Suppression - Cast when stunned. This has saved me so many times it's sick.

renew is a waste, it's not used enough.

I doubt I would.

I say these:
    Pain Suppres
    Dispel Magic
    Penance - The more I cast this the more I win!

umm... you're replying to a thread that is 10 months old. ??? : ???

i m not renewing much nowadays

Okay first off, most important glyph for priest is Pain Supression. It's going to save your life. I have over 1k resil, and dam near 25k health and i don't see how any priest is going to live through any decent rogue/mage combo opening on you if your stunned for 7 seconds (cheapshot+kidney if you dont trinket, which hopefully you won't).

Next most important is Penance, Even though they nerfed our Penance Cd for some reason... . It's still very useful because it heals more than a flash heal for nearly same mana cost (not sure about the numbers).

The next spot imo isn't really a throw up at all. I'm running mage priest so it's almost necesary for me to use glyph of smite. Criticize if you want but it's necesary for a priest to dps in a combo like that and critting 5k smites is pretty nice.

My spec and that glyph are only really viable for the combo tho, so i'll focus more on 3s and 5s. Renew isn't worth it, you gimp the length of your renew to heal more... even though (assuming it isn't an over heal) i don't think it beats the 2k instant crits i get off PWS. More than likely you aren't going to be using renew a whole lot in arena, because there are alot of BURST dps classes. Yes it's helpful, but throwing a renew up then topping off your guy.. kinda defeats the whole purpose of the glyph.

As for the glyph of dispel, i don't see the use in it at all. What honestly do you need to dispel on your team. Most of the time chains of ice is a wasted dispel, it's gonna b back up in 5 seconds, so it's a waste of your mana unless it's a killing blow. If someones pollyd.. chances are they aren't gonna need a heal, you are. UA locks, kinda defeat any dispels. So this leaves Fears, and HoJ really, which are the only two ccs i can think off the top of my head that you can effectively be hit and ccd at the same time, (hex doesn't count, cant dispel). HoJ okay it's helpful, but thats one class and chances are that unless your running with people that have 30k health, it's still not going to beat out the inital healing that PWS glyph gives.

So IMO for 3s and 5s, use Pain Supression, PWS, and Penance.

Holy Necro batman