Page 1 of 2
LastLast

Level 80 Feral DPS Rotation

So, i'm looking into playing Ferlawl a lot more this coming expansion, and because reading through 150 pages of numbers on EJ is too difficult for my puny mind, i'll come to you guys.

A)

DPS rotation. Using level 80, what would be a suggested cat rotation.

B)

DPS spec. I've been playing around with a spec idea, tell me what you think:

http://talent.mmo-champion.com/?drui...00000000000000

Re: Level 80 Feral DPS Rotation

Im not sure if you will have energy for Ferocious Bite since you get that AP buff(Savage Roar) and have to keep up Rip.

But otherwise its just keeping up, Rake, Rip, Savage Roar and spamming shred.
    I don't get this game

That's what I was thinking too. At the moment my current rotation is 5pt Rip, keep rake up, 5pt Fero Bite, then 5pt rip and repeat. I mean all I can really do is powerlvl to 80 and start testing DPS but.. meh.

Rip = 16 seconds
    Savage Roar (assuming you pop 5 points with it) = 34 seconds.

You could.. 5pt sav roar. 4pt rip, 5pt fero bite? : blink : ugh.. Someone PLEASE correct me if i'm wrong, so tired.

Here's assuming you're not the mangle bitch. and NOT taking into account Primal Fury giving you extra combo points.

Shred Shred Shred Shred, Rake. Savage Roar (34 seconds)
    Shred Shred Shred Shred, Rake. Rip. (16 seconds)
    Shred Shred Shred Shred, Rake. Fero Bite - Tigers Fury.

^ Would this be possible, or not at all?

Deleted

What i gathered from EJ, the deal is this:

CP to 2/3 and then savage roar
    Then CP to 4/5 and do a rip.
    Include rake, cause its goddamn awesome. If you dont have trauma on your target, keep mangle up, obviously.

Now here's the kicker: If you at any point reach 4 CP and you still have more than 3 seconds left on rip (or was it two ticks?), get up to 5 CPs and use FB - dont use it with just 4. With rip still ticking, and a bleed on the target, FB will do enough damage than having to *wait* for rip to run out.

You only do 2/3 CP savage roars, as you would want it up fast. Shredding five times before SR means that you do 5 shreds without 40% more AP.

Hm. I guess i'll just have to play around with it to see what works.

15+ Year Old Account

Quote Originally Posted by Qieth
    You only do 2/3 CP savage roars, as you would want it up fast. Shredding five times before SR means that you do 5 shreds without 40% more AP.
    In beta i went with 1/2 CP SR, that always seemed to work best and it fitted in well with glyphed rip + rake rotations

Quote Originally Posted by Alski
    In beta i went with 1/2 CP SR, that always seemed to work best and it fitted in well with glyphed rip + rake rotations
    What kind of DPS were you pushing unbuffed?

15+ Year Old Account

Quote Originally Posted by Ranor
    What kind of DPS were you pushing unbuffed?
    never properly tested unbuffed, but i was pushing 4k with nax 10 gear in any given raid provided i didnt have to move around to much.

I see. I'll have to look into this rotation. Did you use fero bite at all? or was it situational. Also, can I get a link to the spec you used?

15+ Year Old Account

I see. I'll have to look into this rotation. Did you use fero bite at all? or was it situational. Also, can I get a link to the spec you used?
    Situational, i did it when both SR and Rip still had more than 5 secs to go i would make a judgement call. My dps rotations were rather inconsistant rake and rip had about 90% uptime.

Situational, i did it when both SR and Rip still had more than 5 secs to go i would make a judgement call. My dps rotations were rather inconsistant rake and rip had about 90% uptime.
    Yeah, I tried to do a 4 point rip, 5 point Ferocious Bite rotation without raid buffs but.. I can't keep rip up. It falls off for at least 5-6 seconds which in the end downed my DPS. With only hit food + shaman totems + elixir I could average around 1600-1800 DPS depending on if I tried to use FB or not.. I dunno, the numbers just look too low to me. >_<;

15+ Year Old Account

Yeah, I tried to do a 4 point rip, 5 point Ferocious Bite rotation without raid buffs but.. I can't keep rip up. It falls off for at least 5-6 seconds which in the end downed my DPS. With only hit food + shaman totems + elixir I could average around 1600-1800 DPS depending on if I tried to use FB or not.. I dunno, the numbers just look too low to me. >_<;
    assuming thats on live, whats your gear like? because untill we get savage roar out dps will suck in comparion.

assuming thats on live, whats your gear like? because untill we get savage roar out dps will suck in comparion.
    I'm a usual resto druid, so my feral gear is what i've picked up through offspec.

CURRENTLY it only consists of 8\8 T6, Stanchion of Primal Instinct (eredar twins). Shattered sun neck, hyjal exalted ring, angelistas, shard of contempt, bloodlust bruch, and the new PVP cape. So i'm lacking in the hit area, which is why I grabbed a shaman + some hit food to gear up there. but I agree, savage roar is what's game-breaking it looks.

I slapped on the boomkin tier I got with my resto gear and broke 3000 DPS. I lol'd.

That's what I was thinking too. At the moment my current rotation is 5pt Rip, keep rake up, 5pt Fero Bite, then 5pt rip and repeat. I mean all I can really do is powerlvl to 80 and start testing DPS but.. meh.

Rip = 16 seconds
    Savage Roar (assuming you pop 5 points with it) = 34 seconds.

You could.. 5pt sav roar. 4pt rip, 5pt fero bite? : blink : ugh.. Someone PLEASE correct me if i'm wrong, so tired.

Here's assuming you're not the mangle bitch. and NOT taking into account Primal Fury giving you extra combo points.

Shred Shred Shred Shred, Rake. Savage Roar (34 seconds)
    Shred Shred Shred Shred, Rake. Rip. (16 seconds)
    Shred Shred Shred Shred, Rake. Fero Bite - Tigers Fury.

^ Would this be possible, or not at all?
    Mangle bitch? mangle IS needed in you'r pve rotation since it increases shred damage by 20% about and bleed damage

You are obviously not familliar with having two feral druids in a raid.

One druid is the mangle bitch\tank

Other druid DPS all the way without having to waste energy on mangle.

GET OUT

Pretty sure that mangle - bear was changed to no longer affect shred so that doesn't work anymore. Also if I remember correctly from Toskk's calculations each additional combo point beyond 1cp is an overall dps loss in regards to SR. So that would leave, mangle, sr, normal rotation.
    Christian Slater is the best actor of his generation. There, I said it.

Reading this tooltip, I see this now. (overlooked)

Buuuut... who knows. could have two cats deepzin. ;P

Mangle applies the 30% bonus to bleed damage debuff, no matter what form it is used in, what are you refering to about bear not working or two cats dpsing? As of now trauma overwrites mangle because it last longer(15 sec vs 12 sec), but if you glyph it it will last 18 seconds. If your lucky enough to have an arms warrior you just shred for your CP's and keep a 5pt rip and SR up(or FB if you have excess energy and a TF CD). If you are the only feral you must keep your own mangle up. As far as a rotation, I don't see you finding a specific one just due to the OOC procs.

I'm still lvling and haven't had a chance to test any kind of rotation at 80, but according to toskk's site my dps would be only marginally affected by completely replacing shred with mangle (like 9 dps lower at 5500 ap). It would seem to me that because mangle costs 26 energy vs 42 for shred that the lower energy cost would present the opportunity for more combo points and thus possibly even raise dps...am i completely off in this assumption? It was a no-brainer that you need to keep the bleed affects up and roar to enhance those as well as your main attack, but it seems to me that mangle may be just as viable a main attack as shred....

You keep up mangle for the boost to your bleeds as well as any other bleeds on the targets (deep wounds, etc).

As for rotation, FB plays more a part as your crit increases. Crit = free combo points = more finishers.

When dpsing, I usually Rake - Mangle - Savage Roar - Rake (now with 40% AP boost!) - shred to 5 CP - Rip. Keep up mangle and rip (glyph of mangle and glyph of rip add lots of time to play). Keep up Rake. Keep up Savage Roar. If you get 5 CP with Rip having more than 3 seconds left and savage roar having more than 6-8 seconds left, Ferocious Bite. Its not used too often, but its a nice 5-digit number when it is used.