[Constructive] Suggestions for any priest tree? Make and discuss here.

Abiding by rules can be annoying and frustrating, but if this thread is to be and remain constructive, refrain (dont do it) from flaming, change another persons suggestion or add to it, dont burn it down, bring reasons for why things should be X, Y or even Z.

* dont flame others suggestions.
    * think of fixes to what you and/or others think is wrong, not about the persons spelling (rouge) as we have children, swedes, germans and even german children here, and it doesnt contribute.
    * think outside the box.

Now, about priests.. what do you feel could be done better, to:

- improve raid dps
    - raid healing
    - single target healing
    - buffing
    - debuffing
    - dispelling
    - survivability
    - mana regen solo/group/raid

we all know blizzard doesnt generally reply to flame threads, and the same applies here, if something isnt right, working together might just give us a solution.

leave feedback please

Re: [Constructive] Suggestions for any priest tree? Make and discuss here.

concerning raid dps: i feel that the shadowpriest has enough damage tools at his/her disposal, if the damage is currently weak compared to other dps specs, tweaks in scaling or a high shadow talent such as VT adding something extra might be the solution, but i dont play shadow actively, so im just going with what i read on the official forums

buffing: all our buffs should be raid wide IMO, currently stamina is raidwide, but we have 1 (2) other major buffs we bring and they continue to chew their way through our candles, not to mention the hassle they bring.

dispelling: our buffs tend to be easily dispelled, while silent resolve does provide some protection, 20% is hardly a safety net. our mass dispell and dispell are plenty of offensive and defensive dispells if you ask me, though a smoother self dispell (or target of target in case you have the boss targetted = tank) while targetting an enemy would be awesome.

raid healing: CoH and Lightwell do great in this aspect, CoH is getting a cooldown which might make things worrisome, but im confident that they will not leave it like that if it turns out that way. lightwell is very nice with the new changes, but the 'click to heal myself and automatically target the lightwell instead of the boss' feature needs to be changed, right mouse click using the 'cog' or use function should not change targets, left clicking it should give some info, this might be useful for the priest or other healers.

single target healing: im a little confused why holy was given guardian spirit, dont get me wrong its an amazing talent and ability, but holy was supposed to be our raid or group healing tree, with good sustainability, powerful heals that grab many people and allow us to save several when needed, guardian spirit is the opposite of the previous 2 -1 pointers and i find this very odd.. discipline does amazing single target healing and penance is just a wet dream come true for mana conservation and keeping the tank/ot/dps alive. grace currently has an 8 second duration which makes it very troublesome to heal your main target (in my case its always been the main tank thus far) and try to quickly patch up that rogue that just got hit for 7k.. theres a chance your grace will fall off the target and that means your tank will be taking abit more of a beating.

survivability: i feel dispersion is a nice tool for this, but it seems purely defensive and for mana regen, which is nice, but a 6 second self cast silence is strange to have in a tree thats supposed to be doing dps on a level competing with rogues, warriors, locks and mages.. i dont know how to fix this.

mana regen: i havent played holy as deep as guardian spirit, i was holy last week for illidari council, for CoH and lightwell and i still had meditation, with a potion, my fiend and replenishment i was able to chain cast CoH, abit of renew and the surge of light flash heals (no mana, instant) for the entire fight. i did go oom at the end, so a longer fight requiring such healing would need me to tune it down abit and other healers to tune it up abit if possible. with my normal discipline spec ive also healed illidari council, flasked (of distilled wisdom = 65 int) and fully buffed i have about 350/800 mana regen, coupled with rapture and replenishment, i never sank below 9k mana during this fight, our longevity is stunning! other specs might not have it this easy.

Quote Originally Posted by 2OfDiamonds
    i feel that the shadowpriest has enough damage tools at his/her disposal, if the damage is currently weak compared to other dps specs, tweaks in scaling or a high shadow talent such as VT adding something extra might be the solution, but i dont play shadow actively, so im just going with what i read on the official forums
    SP will be nerfed - currently top caster DPS.

Happy days.

well i play a sp and he does very low dmg compared to a moonkin so /care about what u say
    Now,i think disc should get another spell maybe,that helps with survavibility,or a new healing spell would be nice.Grace should last for 12 seconds imo,because u can't do big deal in 8 seconds,especially in pvp.Smite should be made 2 sec cast(1,5 with divine fury) since it does a shity damage.Even wrath does more!

Quote Originally Posted by 2OfDiamonds
    dispelling: our buffs tend to be easily dispelled, while silent resolve does provide some protection, 20% is hardly a safety net. our mass dispell and dispell are plenty of offensive and defensive dispells if you ask me, though a smoother self dispell (or target of target in case you have the boss targetted = tank) while targetting an enemy would be awesome.
    Your in luck, such a dispell exists and is already in the game! make a couple macros as follows

Smoother self dispell--

/cast [target=player] dispell magic

Target of target dispell--

/cast [target=targettarget] dispell magic

might be /cast [target=targetstarget] dispell magic not sure.

----

I do agree a bit more dispell protection would be nice, though I honestly dont see many other problems with priests as a whole.. make penance self castable plzplzplz
    Once a drunken pirate, alwaysh a drunken pirate... Hic!

i gotta agree, PLEASE make pence a self cast.

or what about making a glyph that make pence heal for half but making the other half heal us?? kinda like binding heal but instant?
    i dunno just a thought

Quote Originally Posted by frozenshade
    i gotta agree, PLEASE make pence a self cast.

or what about making a glyph that make pence heal for half but making the other half heal us?? kinda like binding heal but instant?
    i dunno just a thought
    i would love for penance to be self castable, but sadly blizzard have already said thats an intended feature, the facing requirement is going to be removed making it like any other heal we have and the animation probably look like PoM only with 3 balls instead of 1.

you have to understand it heals for ALOT and it costs NOTHING.. if this were made self castable they would rework it with this defensive feature in mind, they would likely increase the mana cost or lower the amount healed, maybe both.. thats not desirable at all.

that said, with wotlk they said they will be introducing alot of new glyphs and perhaps they will do a penance glyph, healing you for 10-20% of the amount healed on your target, or refreshing your renew, both would be nice, but im just dreaming now 8)

lol, i hope they bring in a pence glyph. your right tho. its REALLY good for healing the other guy. so we would just have to adapt a new play style to cover our ass in a pinch

Quote Originally Posted by Murdi
    well i play a sp and he does very low dmg compared to a moonkin so /care about what u say
    Now,i think disc should get another spell maybe,that helps with survavibility,or a new healing spell would be nice.Grace should last for 12 seconds imo,because u can't do big deal in 8 seconds,especially in pvp.Smite should be made 2 sec cast(1,5 with divine fury) since it does a shity damage.Even wrath does more!
    What level are you playing at? Have you reworked your gear to compensate for the increased hit? What about re-gearing for crit now that it is so powerful for us?

I am a T6 geared spriest and while I am not always the top of the damage meters, I am close for everything but pulls that require some form of AoE since we won't get that until level 75. We are VERY powerful right now when it comes to damage, and once we get some more gear that is optimized with spirit, we will be more so. I don't think we are overpowered (I think that the fact that we are used to fighting for every dps point is what is making us seem so powerful compared to people who are used to only spamming 1 button)

As for Disc, we already have a lot of survivability. The only thing I would like to see is maybe some stun/silence resistance when we pop pain suppression. The healing we are able to do went up considerably in 3.0, especially because of our mitigation. Again, we need crit to make it really shine, so lets see what we get when we have the gear.

15+ Year Old Account

Shadow Priest PVP survivability. I'd try to fix dispersion because it could be a really nice talent while now it is pretty meh for PVP. It's a pretty small change but would really help IMHO:

Dispersion
    You disperse into pure Shadow energy, reducing all damage taken by 90%. You are unable to attack or cast offensive spells, but you regenerate 6% mana every 1 sec for 6 sec. Dispersion can be cast while stunned, feared or silenced.

Basically the only thing you could do under my dispersion was healing and shielding. Defensive stuff. Which would help if you're about to die and disperse + heal. It wouldn't be overpowered because you can still be feared/silenced/kicked/snared/rooted/whatever'd while dispersion is action, and it doesn't remove and dots and the likes anyway.

Edit: changed shadow spells to offensive spells so you can't smite people while dispersed
    You know what is better than drinking a beer? Brewing your own beer. And then drinking it. And then... Drinking another beer. And then, punching somebody in the snout! That's what!