Spellpower numbers for healing priest?

Ive been shadow for a WHILE... I was just wondering how did the numbers change out of curiosity...

How much + healing did you have and how much spellpower it is now?

Re: Spellpower numbers for healing priest?

i had 2765 healing bonus, it converted to 1535 spell power (which is more then the amount of healing i had if you do the calculation).

i donno how they decided how much spell power for each gear i see some got devided to 2, some didn't (for example: bloodboils healing back had 79 healing bonus and i believe atm its 42 spell power).

Had pretty much exatly 1500 healing as disc, turned into 810 spellpower =(
    Signature removed. Please read our guidelines. Venara

It gets divided by 1.88 - BUT spiritual guidance did not got changed, so you get an additional bonus from there (and any other place where you had spelldmg/heal instead of pure heal)

mine was 1800 healing down to 890 SP, any ideas what the 'benchmark' will be at level 80 for spell power?

Quote Originally Posted by Lent
    mine was 1800 healing down to 890 SP, any ideas what the 'benchmark' will be at level 80 for spell power?
    This is an example of bad numbers and who cares. Stop worrying about the numbers, the meters and start worrying about power conservation.

You can't downrank, you can't chain pot, mana oils are on the way out so your only hope is regen and conservation. And realising this I am now a better healer with 100SP and a bunch of regen than I was with 1300SP and very marginal regen.

Get the best gear you can. Swap out items with SP and replace them with MP5 and Spi. Work smarter and stop relying on being over powered.

id have to disagree with that. not all of its wrong, but as a whole the idea is offset.
    a holy priest will need more MP5 i believe since they use bigger heals that cost more mana and such, with little talents that increase mana regen.
    however a disc priest uses small mana with flash heal, renew and shield, and ahve multiple talents that regen mana, reduce cost and restore a pon casting, so i would say spell power helps a disc priest more than a holy priest.

Benchmarks fail. Always have, always will. People used to say you needed 1900 +heal and 200 mp5 to heal Zul'Aman. I've seen people beating that and still terrible, I've seen people with 1750 and 180 mp5 doing double duty and pulling it off (and they were both Holy Priests to boot).

Benchmarks work for DPS in DPS fights (Brutallus, Gorefiend, etc). Skill > Gear for the most part, but of course a skilled AND geared healer would be better.

If you're Holy, start stacking your Spirit. Do you need benchmarks? No. Just get as much as you can, if there's room for improvement go for it. You'll get your spellpower from that, although I would try to find a nice crit rating that you're comfortable with (I loved 20% but that's my preference, find what works for you).

If you're Disc, grab your crit/int/spellpower/mp5. Are any benchmarks going to work for you? My benchmarks work for me, but that's my playstyle. Try as hard as you want, your playstyle will be different, your group composition will be different (For example, maybe no Mana Tide for you).

Find what works, not what someone else tells you works. That's my 2 copper's worth.
    ~Former Priest/Guild Wars 2 Moderator~
    Now TESTING: ArcheAge (Alpha)
    Now PLAYING: MonoRed Burn (MtG Standard)
    Twitter: @KelestiMMO come say hi!
    ~When you speak, I hear silence. Every word a defiance~

Quote Originally Posted by Kelesti
    Benchmarks fail. Always have, always will. People used to say you needed 1900 +heal and 200 mp5 to heal Zul'Aman. I've seen people beating that and still terrible, I've seen people with 1750 and 180 mp5 doing double duty and pulling it off (and they were both Holy Priests to boot).

Benchmarks work for DPS in DPS fights (Brutallus, Gorefiend, etc). Skill > Gear for the most part, but of course a skilled AND geared healer would be better.

If you're Holy, start stacking your Spirit. Do you need benchmarks? No. Just get as much as you can, if there's room for improvement go for it. You'll get your spellpower from that, although I would try to find a nice crit rating that you're comfortable with (I loved 20% but that's my preference, find what works for you).

If you're Disc, grab your crit/int/spellpower/mp5. Are any benchmarks going to work for you? My benchmarks work for me, but that's my playstyle. Try as hard as you want, your playstyle will be different, your group composition will be different (For example, maybe no Mana Tide for you).

Find what works, not what someone else tells you works. That's my 2 copper's worth.
    i agree with the top part:
    you don't need X amount of spell power to heal an encounter, or regen etc. skill is MAINLY what counts, you still can't go najentus without 8.5 or more HP.

when it comes to stats: i will have to totaly disagree with trolly up above. spirit is not that benificial for holy. if there was a talent saying X of spirit is crit, i would agree, but corrently every crit = free mana spell. i would advise to not ignore crit and spell power and go blindlessly for spirit. atm even warlock benifit more then spirit then us. spirit for a holy priest was nerfed giganticly, without any reason. placing crit and spirit by par - and under the spell power. (improve fel armor gives 50% of total spirit into spell power, we are still with the 25%, in addition mages and locks also regen for 30% of total spirit). Spirit isn't that superior for holy priests as you mention and isn't worth the stacking or the special attention. I hope blizz will wake up with this point and add or change a talent to convert our spirit into crit - allowing us to continue to ignore crit and pay attention to spirit. unfortunatly, the attention went to who whined more, i mean to the shadow tree. Spirit as the way it is now - shouldn't get as much attention as it is. we will have to wait for the "spirit buff" again i assume. MY veiw, for holy priest: go for spell power and a combination of spirit and crit - not neglecting either one.

for discipline i will again say spell power - will be the main stat, simpley because as discipline you relay on the mitigation - rapture will take sure that you won't run oom. i will also suggest to take special attention to int and crit on the gear. Spirit is a nice stat for the discipline priest, yet if you go for penance you won't be able to pick up the spiritual guidance, leaving it a regen stat. spirit and mp5s i would say are almost equal as discipline, assuming you do the calculation (and its not 1 spirit = 1 mp5s cause thats just wrong).

If the question about benchmarks was made to have a general veiw of spell power/regen/crit at 80, from beta: i managed 2 healer setup nax 10m with 1617 spell power, 253mp5s, 751 while not casting, 13% crit. i'm not saying this is 'benchmark', just saying my stats from the first nax run before geting some nax gear. nax gear boosted these stats by ALOT.

15+ Year Old Account

Quote Originally Posted by meowmeow
    (improve fel armor gives 50% of total spirit into spell power, we are still with the 25%, in addition mages and locks also regen for 30% of total spirit)
    1. Holy priests get 25% of spirit as spell power. Which makes it 47% +heal. Close enough.
    2. What do you mean, mages and locks regen 30% of total spirit? Do you mean arcane meditation, which is exactly the same as our meditation?
    You know what is better than drinking a beer? Brewing your own beer. And then drinking it. And then... Drinking another beer. And then, punching somebody in the snout! That's what!

Quote Originally Posted by AetherMcLoud
    1. Holy priests get 25% of spirit as spell power. Which makes it 47% +heal. Close enough.
    2. What do you mean, mages and locks regen 30% of total spirit? Do you mean arcane meditation, which is exactly the same as our meditation?
    its not close enough, atm mages and warlocks benift much more then the priest in any spec when it comes to spirit, spirit class - doesn't refer anymore to the priest. the regen is equal between all the cloth classes (and don't ask these stupid questions its very simple to read other classes talents or blue posts). They get it in their armors, when there armors aren't dispellable anymore, its pretty rediculos the amout of bonus a warlock gets just by biffing fel armor (lets say he has improved: 200 spell power, 4% health regen every 5 sec, 50% of total spirit into spell power, 30% regen), man: make inner focus also this pro: make it 30 min buff, not disspellable, regening 2%/4% improve of mana every 5 sec, why not? why do all cloth class get this huge regen boost and the priest (again like in tbc release) stays with same regen? so again we will get to the time where guilds will start BT lvl instances - and then blizz will notice: oh 1 holy priest - why? oh their regen, survivability and healing sucks? okey lets buff them.

Warlocks do not get 30% of their regen while casting. They did for a brief time during the beta, but no longer. However, 3x your spirit gets added to Lifetap, meaning that 60 spirit is something like a 1% DPS increase (due to less wasted time lifetapping) even before you figure in the 18 spellpower that it nets you.

If I am not mistaken 1 spellpower is around 1.8 healing spellpower. At least at 70, but I might be completely wrong though.

I went from ~2000 healing to ~1100 spellpower. With the change to gear and drop of human spirit (10% -> 3%) that also effected it.

Though dinging level 71 and getting the new Inner Fire w/ Imp. Inner Fire I have 1220 spellpower.

I would imagine we will push around 2k spellpower at level 80 and in epics.