View Poll Results: How do you feel warlocks are doing right now?

Voters
109. You may not vote on this poll
  • Fine

    34 31.19%
  • Sucks

    53 48.62%
  • Fairly well

    22 20.18%
Page 1 of 3
1
2
3
LastLast
  1. #1

    State of warlocks (PvP)

    Well ive got some mixed messages from different forums and from in game, so i was just wondering how the warlocks here think warlocks are doing currently? And this is for PvP only, and please, dont troll or scream that warlocks suck or OP or whatever
    Opinions of all classes are ok, want to know how all different classes feel about it preferably
    If in doubt afk out

    01011001 01101111 01110101 00100000 01110011 01110101 01100011 01101011

  2. #2
    The Insane Bakis's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2008
    Location
    Sweden
    Posts
    15,800

    Re: State of warlocks (PvP)

    Just read the threads in here and get you own opinion instead of a stupid vote. Much faster and less unneeded threads.

  3. #3

    Re: State of warlocks (PvP)

    Personally as an experienced lock I would have to say it's a tossup. We won't really know just how well they work out until more gear becomes available for PVP. I played around my fair share on beta with a warlock in the premade level 80 gear on Murmur and I was able to kill paladins, warriors and DKs all solo (a couple times paired up even). When gear starts scaling we will see changes in the balance I'm sure.

    On positive notes - I was mostly pleased with it as the class remains true to its roots and while we get nerfed on the armor side of things demonic teleportation is deadly when used properly. I find it to be a very fun toy capable of saving your life

  4. #4

    Re: State of warlocks (PvP)

    Always hated sl/sl, demonology and now ua sl/sl. Imo destruction 0/14/47 now (even though I've always played destruction in pvp) has a decent place in pvp. Damage is decent, bursts can be crippling, soul link always helpful and instant seduction is great. Only class I have a constant problem with is feral druids. Can't seduce and can't fear for 15 seconds. All and all I've always had fun with destruction and now with the few changes have added more survivability.

  5. #5

    Re: State of warlocks (PvP)

    the main problem is that we are forced to be demon according to our low survivality, i'm playing destruction atm and i can beat almost everyone (including rogues and palas) the problem is that i've to do my best in order to accomplish this while a rogue lucky enough can kill me just by spamming ambush,mutilate and bs.

    So yes, for those who liked to tank players with drain life and a SL/SL build we look like nerfed.

    Things that could be improved:

    -Survivality in general terms, soul link is ok but our pets survivality is a real problem, all hunters pets have a nice survivality while only a VW could survive in an arena match (and this pet was and it's almost useless, no silence or cc abilities and only some extra survivality if you are deep demon (where you are most likely to use felguard).

    In short: Scale our pets with more armor/HP

    -Mobility: With the new teleport spell is maybe solved however now it's to tricky, having to set the point it's ok, but at least we shouldn't have to cast a spell in order to set it, making it instant would add a surprise effect, if everybody knows where we had set the circle this spell will become useless.

    Using it while stuned would be fantastic too but this might be so OP.

    -Last but not least some dispell not pet dependant, luckily i haven't seen smart enough arms warriors because harmstring + whirlwind is our end, we can't move, we can't stop him we are dead... We need something to remove some movement impairment effects.

    CoEx it's the worst effect and can by countered in several ways.

    Rogue: Crippling,sprint,CoS
    Shaman: Frost shock/wolf
    Warrior: Harmstring
    Druid: travel form
    Pala: BoF + some extra speed they have on ret
    Hunter: Frost trap, spirit of the pack (maybe) and his /%$%$ pet which still would be doing the nerd.
    Mage: Blink and wtf, he is the master of slow.

    So... the idea of a lock running while his enemie is about to die because of dots it's utophycal (is it well spelled this word? dunno...)

    Edit: an ugly typo

    www.xaximbo.blogspot.com Warlock Theorycrafting mostly focused to PvP, i want to know your opinion!

  6. #6

    Re: State of warlocks (PvP)

    Quote Originally Posted by Bakis
    Just read the threads in here and get you own opinion instead of a stupid vote. Much faster and less unneeded threads.
    I already got my own opinion, i want to know how other warlocks and other classes think we're doing.
    If in doubt afk out

    01011001 01101111 01110101 00100000 01110011 01110101 01100011 01101011

  7. #7
    The Insane Bakis's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2008
    Location
    Sweden
    Posts
    15,800

    Re: State of warlocks (PvP)

    Yea m8 and thats what i mean, if u read the pvp and pve as well as the mixedthreads you would already know

  8. #8

    Re: State of warlocks (PvP)

    I´m not sure but how do u now which vote is from a warlock-player and which is from a non-warlock player ^^

  9. #9

    Re: State of warlocks (PvP)

    Quote Originally Posted by Ida
    Always hated sl/sl, demonology and now ua sl/sl. Imo destruction 0/14/47 now (even though I've always played destruction in pvp) has a decent place in pvp. Damage is decent, bursts can be crippling, soul link always helpful and instant seduction is great. Only class I have a constant problem with is feral druids. Can't seduce and can't fear for 15 seconds. All and all I've always had fun with destruction and now with the few changes have added more survivability.
    Really? I rape ferals in open pvp. Trinket + deathcoil + fearlocks + backlash procs...

    If you're using a felhunter, silence when they try to heal. If succy, seduce-interrupt (even if you have dots on them).

  10. #10

    Re: State of warlocks (PvP)

    Demo is fine in pvp. I can now destroy every class 1 on 1.

  11. #11

    Re: State of warlocks (PvP)

    Quote Originally Posted by Mermeoth
    Demo is fine in pvp. I can now destroy every class 1 on 1.
    Battlegrounds isn't exactly all that counts in PvP. Any spec will do fine in battlegrounds. Arena however, is a different situation. Even dueling... I'd love to see you duel an arcane mage as demo, I gaurentee you don't win. Even a good rogue with half a brain, will rape you as demo form. You pop Meta, he vanishes and waits... GG. I'm not saying Meta is bad, it's not, but you are wrong.

  12. #12

    Re: State of warlocks (PvP)

    Quote Originally Posted by Xaximbo

    -Mobility: With the new teleport spell is maybe solved however now it's to tricky, having to set the point it's ok, but at least we shouldn't have to cast a spell in order to set it, making it instant would add a surprise effect, if everybody knows where we had set the circle this spell will become useless.

    Using it while stuned would be fantastic too but this might be so OP.
    I dont know the latest info on this spell, but isnt the circle visible to everyone around you? Thus, making it an instant or a cast spell(for the creation of the circle, not the teleport) REALLY wouldnt matter too much since they will know exactly where you placed it? ???

  13. #13

    Re: State of warlocks (PvP)

    Quote Originally Posted by Mermeoth
    Demo is fine in pvp. I can now destroy every class 1 on 1.
    Warlockw are made so that they can win most of the duel.

    Since MOST OF THE DEFENSIVE TOOL WE USE is actually offensive such as fear or death coil or seduce. :-X

    The only three defencive tool, which you must choose one, are shadowflame, Meta and IHOT. And there will be a teleport in future.

    Now that we have so many offensive tool and so less defensive tool, we are having problem in other PVP surronding, such as BG and arena where there are enemies instead of enemy.

    If warlock can't defeat most of the class in duel (except rogue). Blizzard can simply remove lock from PVP. Since lock will never stand a chance in any rewarded PVP in that situation. However, that seems to be the case currently.

  14. #14

    Re: State of warlocks (PvP)

    Quote Originally Posted by bored059
    I dont know the latest info on this spell, but isnt the circle visible to everyone around you? Thus, making it an instant or a cast spell(for the creation of the circle, not the teleport) REALLY wouldnt matter too much since they will know exactly where you placed it? ???
    .5 Second cast(creation) instant teleport

  15. #15

    Re: State of warlocks (PvP)

    What I want to know is what does Blizzard intend for us to counter anymore.

    Locks are already countered by melee and dispellers. Now I go 20/80 with arcane mages and God only knows how a lock is supposed to beat mages once they get their next rank of mage armor and 50% dot immunity. DKs are going to mop the floor with locks as well.

  16. #16

    Re: State of warlocks (PvP)

    You are horribly underpowered in everything, especially pvp, while all other classes are overpowered.















    Wait, that's the answer you wanted, right? /yawn
    Actually, Mr. Lennon, I CAN imagine a world with no hatred, religion, war, or violence.
    I can also imagine attacking such a world, because they would never see it coming.

    http://mhkeehn.tripod.com/trashcan.jpg
    http://politicalhumor.about.com/libr...s/carville.jpe

    For once, Carville was a man ahead of his time.

  17. #17

    Re: State of warlocks (PvP)

    Quote Originally Posted by Ofmanv
    What I want to know is what does Blizzard intend for us to counter anymore.

    Locks are already countered by melee and dispellers. Now I go 20/80 with arcane mages and God only knows how a lock is supposed to beat mages once they get their next rank of mage armor and 50% dot immunity. DKs are going to mop the floor with locks as well.
    I'm sorry but with my 14khp, 513 resilience, and detect invis...I counter arcane mages in every possible way. How in the hell do you lose to an arcane mage?

    Btw....if DOTs don't work....you could I dunno...USE SOMETHING DIRECT!

  18. #18

    Re: State of warlocks (PvP)

    Quote Originally Posted by wildmandooby
    .5 Second cast(creation) instant teleport
    Maybe I should have changed the wording. The cast time (whether its instant or not) doesnt really matter. The question was intended for whether or not the teleport is still visible to both friendly and enemy players.

    When it was first introduced in beta, the teleport had a green neon sign yelling (IM ABOUT TO TELEPORT HERE) so it really had to be used situationally. Its not meant to surprise anyone or be a form of vanish for locks. It simply was a pre-planned blink where both sides knew where you were about to go.

  19. #19

    Re: State of warlocks (PvP)

    Quote Originally Posted by bored059
    Maybe I should have changed the wording. The cast time (whether its instant or not) doesnt really matter. The question was intended for whether or not the teleport is still visible to both friendly and enemy players.

    When it was first introduced in beta, the teleport had a green neon sign yelling (IM ABOUT TO TELEPORT HERE) so it really had to be used situationally. Its not meant to surprise anyone or be a form of vanish for locks. It simply was a pre-planned blink where both sides knew where you were about to go.
    I forsee it used offensively as well since teleporting there stuns anyoen there...and does damage too? dont remember. But 0.5 and instant makes it feasible to be used offensively.

  20. #20

    Re: State of warlocks (PvP)

    i actually think that locks aren't doing to badly. i was just doing the world pvp in halaa on a pvp realm and i didn't run into any trouble when i was against a hunter, or when i faced a rogue. admittedly they didn't seem to be to very good players but then again i only hit 70 recently too. after a while, once i had killed like 7 of their guards, they had 3 guys waiting to kill me so i didn't take halaa. because of this i dont think that we are broken.
    Quote Originally Posted by Separate
    "Blood Elf Rogue was not a appropriate occupation, please refill the selected box before continuing."

    Bullshit
    Quote Originally Posted by Funkyjunky
    Kanye West? Is that you?

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •