Poll: How do you feel warlocks are doing right now?

Be advised that this is a public poll: other users can see the choice(s) you selected.

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst
LastLast

Re: State of warlocks (PvP)

Quote Originally Posted by bored059
    I dont know the latest info on this spell, but isnt the circle visible to everyone around you? Thus, making it an instant or a cast spell(for the creation of the circle, not the teleport) REALLY wouldnt matter too much since they will know exactly where you placed it? ???
    well you always know where the mage went when he blinks. you can see where the hunter goes on disengage or the war on charge/intercept.

just because you know where some is doesnt mean you can hit them and theres lots of nice places where a demon portal can equal a very long run. if a melee sees your portal on the bridge in blades edge and you jump down what they going to do? let you go or jump down to force the port back up? either way you get a lot of room and time out of it.

sure its not as easy to use as blink but in the right place with a bit of thought it has advantages over blink you can always intercept/keep los on a blink demon portal can go to places you cant intercept see to shadowstep or finish that big nuke.

as for the title well my locks fecking awefull in PVP atm but im too hooked on haunt to have a viable spec

I rerolled. Warlocks are just getting stomped by everything at the moment.

Quote Originally Posted by Undeadnerf
    I'm sorry but with my 14khp, 513 resilience, and detect invis...I counter arcane mages in every possible way. How in the hell do you lose to an arcane mage?

Btw....if DOTs don't work....you could I dunno...USE SOMETHING DIRECT!
    A Good arcane and a good frost mage WILL rape you every time. As will a boomkin. GG :/

Besides some changes to the soulshard systen, i think locks atm are fine.

Im deep demo, and been doing BGs with much fun, immo aura raping 5/6 people at AB flags is much fun

its not even that weak without demon form, the recent patch for the extra crit and 20% SL again has really made it quite powerful.

I almost beat a full brutal arms warrior, who used the respec to duel wield (archi sword / brutal weap), if he didnt pillar hug he would of been gone.

Affliction is very fun, you can do some incredible damage.

ive yet to try full destruction, as its not my cup of tea.

Things could be worse, as i posted before, theres just a few little things need changing, and were good

edit: if you cant beat an arcane mage, learn 2 play. spell lock arcane school, remove slow with DM, bait his CS by nuking with searing pain, dc + fear. Ive had some close games against arcane mages, the deciding factor is normally if they get a CS on shadow school.

Not dueled any frost mages, but i can imagine if you dont save trinket for deep freeze, your fucked.

Quote Originally Posted by Tigercat
    You are horribly underpowered in everything, especially pvp, while all other classes are overpowered.

Wait, that's the answer you wanted, right? /yawn
    I remember when i started reading this forum, i though all with high post counts were non trolls because they got so high post count without getting banned

Who am i kidding? hahaha no way anyone could've thought any of the users with high post counts here arent arrogant assholes
    If in doubt afk out

01011001 01101111 01110101 00100000 01110011 01110101 01100011 01101011

Deleted

Quote Originally Posted by Cebeaj
    I remember when i started reading this forum, i though all with high post counts were non trolls because they got so high post count without getting banned

How am i kidding? hahaha no way anyone could've thought any of the users with high post counts here arent arrogant assholes
    Funny how you have over 500 posts already yourself, mate.

You will find that most people on most forums feel the same. Then again, I bet those people with high postcounts think their one or two things about you, as well.

So, to avoid off-topic discussions (which only improve the mentioned postcounts, really) just don't mention them.
    Also, most people with a high postcount don't care about their stars, titles, numbers or whatever. personally, I could not care less and most of the people with high numbers do agree with me...

This is not WoW itself: People with high postcount don't stroke their ePeens, like the people in WoW with high +Spell damage, Resillience, Armor or whatnot more do...

as far as demonic circle goes, i dont see why people are complaining. yes, a warrior can intercept you and a rogue could shadowstep you, but a smart lock would know when these are on CD and use it then, you still have death coils and fears and felguard intercepts to give you room. like it was said before, a savvy warrior with intercept down will walk in the direction a mage is facing immediately when blink is up to get an advantage, and it will do the same toward this circle. it's up to the warlock to exploit it's use, not instantly teleport at the beginning of a fight. the only thing i don't like about the spell is warlocks are turning into runners and kiters. i would like to be different, a little more of a tanking class, able to take a beating from melee as our main form of defense. as of now, our mechanics to get some distance with melee are very weak and easily broken, dispelled, or interrupted, or fear, namely. i think demonic circle takes the class in the wrong direction.

as far as pvp goes...meh. i think it will be a little more interesting than the bore that was slsl, but i'm thinking we're going to be worse off in wotlk than bc, but it all comes down to the player, obviously. i'm going back and forth between my lock and my warrior for level 80 first, right now my warrior is winning just because it's more interesting. and baldestorm is freaking awesome.

I'm sorry but with my 14khp, 513 resilience, and detect invis...I counter arcane mages in every possible way. How in the hell do you lose to an arcane mage?

there is just so much stupid in this post i cant even really quantify it all.

Ill try though:

You HAVE no counter to arcane mages. They dont need to cast a spell with a cast time; they have Arcane Barrage. It hits harder than your Shadowbolt, and it takes as long "to cast" - it has a 3 second cooldown, which is really a joke. A 3 second cooldown is basically just a back-ended cast time, really. It would take them about that long to stand in place and cast a Fireball or Frostbolt, and they could cast those spells abut as often.. but Arcane Barrage is instant. They will never present you with an opportunity to lock out their spells.

as for trying DD against them.... you're just a moron. Counterspell, due to the infinite stupidity that passes for brains at Blizzard HQ, is OFF THE GLOBAL COOLDOWN. Meaning, basically, that where your chance before to sneak in a Fear or cast a spell with a cast time against them was while they were casting (which they dont really do anymore anyway) now you dont even have that. The moment your hands turn black BAM, you're counterspelled. And now that he *is* free to cast, hell A. Barrage you, then plant a fireball on you, and feed you half-time Arcane Missiles, and AB you again.. while you're stuck sitting there with no spells to cast that can really hurt him.

On top of all that, even, if you DO manage to get control of the fight somehow and put him on the defensive, hell just Iceblock and wait for his CS and other spells to Cool down, then hell start the fight over again by taking you out of spellcasting. Again.

Oh, and lets not forget Slow. So even if you do manage to get him feared and he doesnt trink/IB out of it, your spells take 60% longer to cast, so youll get maybe 2 spells off before he's out of fear and on you again.

You have NO idea what you're talking about.

An Arcane mage who even knows a little about his class will eat your for breakfast and youll be lucky to even land a spell on him.

Quote Originally Posted by Kagthul
    there is just so much stupid in this post i cant even really quantify it all.

Ill try though:

You HAVE no counter to arcane mages. They dont need to cast a spell with a cast time; they have Arcane Barrage. It hits harder than your Shadowbolt, and it takes as long "to cast" - it has a 3 second cooldown, which is really a joke. A 3 second cooldown is basically just a back-ended cast time, really. It would take them about that long to stand in place and cast a Fireball or Frostbolt, and they could cast those spells abut as often.. but Arcane Barrage is instant. They will never present you with an opportunity to lock out their spells.

as for trying DD against them.... you're just a moron. Counterspell, due to the infinite stupidity that passes for brains at Blizzard HQ, is OFF THE GLOBAL COOLDOWN. Meaning, basically, that where your chance before to sneak in a Fear or cast a spell with a cast time against them was while they were casting (which they dont really do anymore anyway) now you dont even have that. The moment your hands turn black BAM, you're counterspelled. And now that he *is* free to cast, hell A. Barrage you, then plant a fireball on you, and feed you half-time Arcane Missiles, and AB you again.. while you're stuck sitting there with no spells to cast that can really hurt him.

On top of all that, even, if you DO manage to get control of the fight somehow and put him on the defensive, hell just Iceblock and wait for his CS and other spells to Cool down, then hell start the fight over again by taking you out of spellcasting. Again.

Oh, and lets not forget Slow. So even if you do manage to get him feared and he doesnt trink/IB out of it, your spells take 60% longer to cast, so youll get maybe 2 spells off before he's out of fear and on you again.

You have NO idea what you're talking about.

An Arcane mage who even knows a little about his class will eat your for breakfast and youll be lucky to even land a spell on him.
    1) My shadowbolt hits much harder than arcane barrage.
    2) Who cares if they have instant nukes? They can't kite you now can they. It only really effects people they can move away from.
    3) You take less damage, have more hit points, have more CC's, and can deal as much damage(I deal way more damage, you may just suck) than they can.

If you're some full PVE noob lock who expects to beat a mage using spell lock than I guess you're screwed for the expansion.

1) My shadowbolt hits much harder than arcane barrage.
    You're either lying or have over 1600 SP in your PvP gear. Arcane Barrage, on my 70 mage with mostly PvP blues and some off-set epics and few Kara pieces (about 1050 SP with Arcane talents) Arcane barrage hits for 1700-1800. My Shadowbolt, on my vastly better geared lock (S2 + S3/4 offset epics - and before you cry "newb", i have never Arena'd and never intend to - its a steaming pile of dogshit that has all but ruined PvP, IMO, and im glad Kalgan agrees with me and wants to change it) with 1200 SP my Shadowbolts hit for for 1580 - 1680 or so. Arcane Barrage is clearly more powerful and I dont have to stand and cast it.

2) Who cares if they have instant nukes? They can't kite you now can they. It only really effects people they can move away from.
    not that it does matter, but they can in fact kite you pretty easily with Slow + their extra 7-12 yards of range. They dont need to however. so moot point. The reason you should care that they have instant nukes (and ones that are as good as or better than your cast-time nukes) is because that means that they NEVER OPEN THEMSELVES TO BEING SPELL LOCKED. *that* is why it is important, and if you cant see that, you're more mentally challenged than i thought.

3) You take less damage,
    Only a deep Demo lock takes less damage from anything. Soul Link is 11pts now, and Meta is NOT the PvP spec of choice, meaning most warlocks will NOT be taking less damage. Even then, that only holds out if you have Master Demonologist and while your Deadhunter is still alive, which in PvP is about 6-8 seconds.

have more hit points,
    Hi! Welcome to Season 4, where the Warlock HP advantage has shrunk to less than 1000 HP in S4 gear! Welcome to the present day and not a year ago!

have more CC's,
    That you cant use without getting Instacounterspelled. And even if you can use them, depending on the mage and spec they can Trink/IB/Racial their way right into immunity.

and can deal as much damage(I deal way more damage, you may just suck) than they can.
    With what? your 3 instant DoT's that will last 50% duration? (One if which he can easily dispel?) You certainly cant actually cast a nuke. Try it and youll eat an 8 second lockout on your only real damage dealing school and you will be dead before it wears off. Even at 80, and even in the iLevel 213e PvP gear.

If you're some full PVE noob lock who expects to beat a mage using spell lock than I guess you're screwed for the expansion.
    In fact i really dont like PvE a lot; i play this game, and have played this game since the original beta, for PvP. and by PvP i do NOT mean that steaming pile of cow dung called "Arena". Good luck with your ASSumptions, though, because all it tells me is that you dont have a clue and havent fought a single Arcane Mage since 3.0.2/3 went live.

GG kiddo, GG.

You're either lying or have over 1600 SP in your PvP gear. Arcane Barrage, on my 70 mage with mostly PvP blues and some off-set epics and few Kara pieces (about 1050 SP with Arcane talents) Arcane barrage hits for 1700-1800. My Shadowbolt, on my vastly better geared lock (S2 + S3/4 offset epics - and before you cry "newb", i have never Arena'd and never intend to - its a steaming pile of dogshit that has all but ruined PvP, IMO, and im glad Kalgan agrees with me and wants to change it) with 1200 SP my Shadowbolts hit for for 1580 - 1680 or so. Arcane Barrage is clearly more powerful and I dont have to stand and cast it.

not that it does matter, but they can in fact kite you pretty easily with Slow + their extra 7-12 yards of range. They dont need to however. so moot point. The reason you should care that they have instant nukes (and ones that are as good as or better than your cast-time nukes) is because that means that they NEVER OPEN THEMSELVES TO BEING SPELL LOCKED. *that* is why it is important, and if you cant see that, you're more mentally challenged than i thought.

Only a deep Demo lock takes less damage from anything. Soul Link is 11pts now, and Meta is NOT the PvP spec of choice, meaning most warlocks will NOT be taking less damage. Even then, that only holds out if you have Master Demonologist and while your Deadhunter is still alive, which in PvP is about 6-8 seconds.

Hi! Welcome to Season 4, where the Warlock HP advantage has shrunk to less than 1000 HP in S4 gear! Welcome to the present day and not a year ago!

That you cant use without getting Instacounterspelled. And even if you can use them, depending on the mage and spec they can Trink/IB/Racial their way right into immunity.

With what? your 3 instant DoT's that will last 50% duration? (One if which he can easily dispel?) You certainly cant actually cast a nuke. Try it and youll eat an 8 second lockout on your only real damage dealing school and you will be dead before it wears off. Even at 80, and even in the iLevel 213e PvP gear.

In fact i really dont like PvE a lot; i play this game, and have played this game since the original beta, for PvP. and by PvP i do NOT mean that steaming pile of cow dung called "Arena". Good luck with your ASSumptions, though, because all it tells me is that you dont have a clue and havent fought a single Arcane Mage since 3.0.2/3 went live.

GG kiddo, GG.
    I have 1650 spell power, and my shadowbolts hit for 2200.

My searing pains hit for 1100, while he's spamming globals I'm hitting him for 2200(Non-crit)+Corruption+Felguard+Immolate+Deathcoil.

While in !META!, my attacks hit for 20% more I get an extra stun and have an immolation aura that deals another 650 dps.

@ 80 I plan to spec into ruin so my 26% crit chance spells hit for double what they do now. With the addition of shadowflame(Instant) and Shadowburn(Instant). I will have no problem with mage armor because I won't "Dot" him and if he doesn't use ice my felguard will tear him to shreds. Btw, I reduce the mages damage by 25%....it's just no contest. The best advice I can give you is hit him back just as hard. You're not firing spit balls.

And don't give me that locked out crap, use fire or shadow. You don't need fear to beat a mage anymore. If he locks out your fire, fear him. If he locks out your shadow use searing pain/immolate.

I have 1650 spell power, and my shadowbolts hit for 2200.

My searing pains hit for 1100, while he's spamming globals I'm hitting him for 2200(Non-crit)+Corruption+Felguard+Immolate+Deathcoil.

While in !META!, my attacks hit for 20% more I get an extra stun and have an immolation aura that deals another 650 dps.

@ 80 I plan to spec into ruin so my 26% crit chance spells hit for double what they do now. With the addition of shadowflame(Instant) and Shadowburn(Instant). I will have no problem with mage armor because I won't "Dot" him and if he doesn't use ice my felguard will tear him to shreds. Btw, I reduce the mages damage by 25%....it's just no contest. The best advice I can give you is hit him back just as hard. You're not firing spit balls.

And don't give me that locked out crap, use fire or shadow. You don't need fear to beat a mage anymore. If he locks out your fire, fear him. If he locks out your shadow use searing pain/immolate.
    thank you for proving that you were, in fact, lying.

I no longer need to even waste time on your drivel.

I always played desto in pvp (yes I raid and can't be bothered to respec) and tbh I'm having more fun than ever with corruption glyph instant SBs, incinerate procs from backlash, corruption, shadowfury, shadowburn and fears.

Sure it might not be OP but its fun. I'm liking warlocks a lot more now that they are more complicated and underrated tbh. I never liked being a one key spammer anyway

thank you for proving that you were, in fact, lying.

I no longer need to even waste time on your drivel.
    Ok, well you can just fail at PVP then. Hope you level an easier class for WOTLK. I recommend a ret paladin.

My UA/SL can smack an arcane mage rather easily, with my 14,500 health ,509 resilience and 1000 spell damage, my DoTS alone will drop him below 20% and my shadowtrance+ Corruption Glyph procs me a ton of auto cast shadowbolts and if he iceblocks, thats when Deathcoil and fears pwn his face and the Drain life does the rest. Havent lost to any kind of mage yet, in pvp or arena. Oh yeah i forgot my felhunter will silence and devour is buffs. So far, the only time an arcane mage kills me is when i'm getting stunned by a rogue or pally and the mage is hitting me from a safe distance. Never has the guts to face me 1 on 1.

Oh, ofcourse direct spells. 6 second shadowbolt casts will kill a mage in no time at all! But really, wowzers dewd 14k hp and 500 resilience, only anybody that sat in the 1200's all of S4 has those stats by now too.

Quote Originally Posted by Ofmanv

Oh, ofcourse direct spells. 6 second shadowbolt casts will kill a mage in no time at all! But really, wowzers dewd 14k hp and 500 resilience, only anybody that sat in the 1200's all of S4 has those stats by now too.
    You have spells other than shadowbolt and fear. In the absolute most unideal situation, a searing pain can be cast 2.8 sec no matter how many rogues are beating on you. If you're one of those noobs who spams shadowbolt while being beaten down on by a melee and worries more about fear pressure than DPS pressure...go back to PVE. You simply shouldn't be losing to arcane mages...not even close.

Fyi trinket removes slow.

You're the one that brought up direct damage spells in pvp like it was a brilliant idea. Apparently you missed the sarcasm in 6 second shadowbolt casts being perfect to kill mages.

FYI Slow doesn't have a cooldown so wasting a trinket on slow would be pointless.

Fyi trinket removes slow.
    http://www.wowhead.com/?spell=31589

"Slow
    12% of base mana 30 yd range
    Instant cast
    Reduces target's movement speed by 60%, increases the time between ranged attacks by 60% and increases casting time by 60%. Lasts 15 sec. Slow can only affect one target at a time."

Yes use your trinket on that one, no cd for them to throw on a new though as far as i can see.

Quote Originally Posted by Deceptor
    http://www.wowhead.com/?spell=31589

"Slow
    12% of base mana 30 yd range
    Instant cast
    Reduces target's movement speed by 60%, increases the time between ranged attacks by 60% and increases casting time by 60%. Lasts 15 sec. Slow can only affect one target at a time."

Yes use your trinket on that one, no cd for them to throw on a new though as far as i can see.
    Ok keep slow on yourself then. Fear doesn't have a cooldown, I guess you shouldn't use trinket on that either since it can be reapplied.

Maybe you guys should learn about things you CAN DO, instead of complaining about how you can't do stuff.