Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst
1
2
  1. #21

    Re: If u nerf CoH pls make more viable others healing spells

    Quote Originally Posted by Mataus
    I agree, though I think all healing classes need their spells kind of overhauled. There are lots of heals that people don't use. You don't really see shamans using Healing Wave. You don't really see druids using lifebloom anymore (they didn't use healing touch before).

    It's just kind of the nature of healing spells. People use what is most efficient. If Healing Wave were efficient enough to use, I wouldn't use Lesser Healing Wave. Now that Lesser Healing Wave is better due to the glyph and changes to downranking... there's no reason to cast HW.

    I think they should allow the BIG single target heals to be downranked like previously. They've basically pushing them off the castable table for most healers since they just cost far too much mana and do mostly overheal.
    My resto shaman uses around 30% healing wave, 30% chain heal, 20% lesser healing wave and 20% Earthshield/Riptide now. I use riptide to proc the healing bonus and faster cast time on healing wave. With a stop casting macro too and raid wide damage it isn't difficult to use the combination. I can consistently get 2 second 10k plus heals on tank healing (like I did on phase 2 Illidan last night). Personally I like the way the talents work now as it is more challenging than spamming chain heal rank 4.

    I also have a priest and of course raid with priests and more recently I am beginning to see why circle of healing needs changing when it is so overpowered. I like the discipline talents and the idea behind it more than the holy tree. It reminded me a little of my defiler in Everquest 2, which I love. I am not fussed about the healing meters, so long as the job gets done and the game is enjoyable to play. I vote for a change to both coh and possibly other priest standards so that the game is more of a challenge and therefore provides more of a sense of achievement.

  2. #22

    Re: If u nerf CoH pls make more viable others healing spells

    My resto shaman uses around 30% healing wave, 30% chain heal, 20% lesser healing wave and 20% Earthshield/Riptide now. I use riptide to proc the healing bonus and faster cast time on healing wave. With a stop casting macro too and raid wide damage it isn't difficult to use the combination. I can consistently get 2 second 10k plus heals on tank healing (like I did on phase 2 Illidan last night). Personally I like the way the talents work now as it is more challenging than spamming chain heal rank 4.
    I mean I can do that too.... the point is unless you are running with like 4-5 healers in BT/SWP (which you can sort of do now), virtually everyone except druids is going to have insane overhealing. The speed at which you throw your heals out has more to do with effective healing than the skill of the player. Since WG/CoH are instant, they are going to get more effective healing. The same is true for fast small heals vs slow big heals. Illidan is one of those fights that is a majority single target damage with the glaring exception of phase 2 really. Tank damage, Parasite damage, that silly debuff damage from phase 3+. You can do it so fast you don't even go into phase 4 lol.

    You can DO 10k+ heals on a tank, but do they need it? Aren't there other people assigned to tank healing? More power to you if they assign you to MT heal, but you are basically overhealing people's jobs if you aren't. Why would a shaman be tank healing on Phase 2... the one place where chain heal is exceptional. :>

  3. #23

    Re: If u nerf CoH pls make more viable others healing spells

    Quote Originally Posted by parkerdj26
    1- You're a liar. When have you ever used lesser heal in a raid?

    2- I agree with the poster though. The main problem is that we are supposed to be versatile but without an AoE heal we lose that versatility. The problem right now is everybody sees it as grossly OP because of the fact that bosses have been nerfed so badly that CoH can be spammed.

    3- CoH is a good spell and all, but lets be honest. The only reason it's even an issue is because a bunch of crybabies have been watching the healing charts like dps charts and completely ignoring overheal as part of efficiency.

    GG Healer meter creaters, you turned the one 'selfless' class into a bunch of epeening dpsers.

    Edit: I would agree to it's mana price being increased a bit and I really don't mind a 6 second down time because it doesn't effect my casting rotation anyway.
    1- yes, flash heal glyphed, i am disc spec, i have zero mana issues even without that glyph, but with it its just slightly more expensive than penance, which is great, and it also applies grace and possibly divine aegis. with penance having an 8 second cooldown and grace stubbornly having an 8 second duration, between refreshing renew, PW:S, recasting penance/PoM i have room for 1 maybe 2 flash heals, which can be done on different people if need be, GH has a longer cast time, less room for versatility in looking after other people. ive all but stopped using it, but as i said this is no problem.

    2- CoH could always be spammed, the problem is before you would run OOM and now this is not really the case anymore. and your statement that we are going to lose our aoe heal is stupid, we are going to get a 6 second cooldown on it, if they were taking it away we would lose it, this is an encouragement to use other spells aswell.

    3- proper heal meters show effective healing done, which is *shock* not overhealing, but only healing that actually did something, if we top healing meters because we can spam/semi spam CoH then that is because we did the most healing period, has nothing to do with overhealing, although if all parties would have been damaged with every CoH it would be higher still.

    the op said he doesnt like CoH, thats fine, but then you should not spec holy but discipline instead, its tremendously efficient, its AoE for the aoe healing tree/raid healing tree we have, dont like it = you picked the wrong class or the wrong tree.

    no, dont call me ignorant, when you see a resto shaman skip earth shield or mana tide totem and that shaman isnt a moron you can call me back and i will redo my statement, untill then, if you are holy without CoH you are a moron, simple as that, because theres no reason on gods green earth for you to be holy in the first place without it.

  4. #24

    Re: If u nerf CoH pls make more viable others healing spells

    just this to reply about overhealing:

    Circle of Healing Rank 7
    21% of base mana 40 yd range
    Instant cast
    Heals up to 5 friendly party or raid members within 15 yards of the target for 684 to 756.
    its a smart heal, in a fight with some aoe you would be hard pressed to overheal even a little with this spell, it heals for less than a flash heal, is instant cast AND picks out the players within 18 yards of your target then heals the ones with the lowest health! unless they only took a weeeeeeee little sliver of damage its nigh impossible to overheal.. seriously!

    as discipline i do have sort of a rotation btw, as i am mostly single target i can work around the weakened soul cooldown, the penance cooldown and the PoM cooldown, mixing renew and flash heal in there aswell, still figuring out the right one, maybe EJ has more on this already i dont know.

  5. #25

    Re: If u nerf CoH pls make more viable others healing spells

    To Mataus

    Yes, I was surprised when I was assigned as MT in phase 2 and probably didn't need 10k heals (not that I had much choice in that matter, unless I unequipped gear or used lesser healing wave of course). The rest of the time I did spot healing on agonizing flames and dark barrage, but BT has been nerfed so much it really wasn't hard.

    However, I would still say that the % breakdown of different heals has been the roughly the same for the half dozen post 3.02 raids I have done. Most priests are speccing coh, druids wild growth and palys using beacon of light. For me, I'd much rather these overpowered aoe heals are cut back somehow, or at least make the healing more interesting and engaging, because I imagine in 6 months and thousands of cohs later, I am pretty sure priests and aoe healers will be getting bored...well at least I would be.

    I specced discipline again tonight for TK. Penance and FH were my principle heals and every other healer metered around 70% plus aoe heals. I like the disc tree because I do have to think about rotations more. Like the poster above, I haven't worked out the best combination yet, but that's the challenge. It was a refreshing change from shadow and I just didn't want to spec into holy. The "experienced" holy coh priest was incredibly rude or short-sighted about that I was going to pvp my way around the Eye, until I think she realised that it wasn't such a bad spec after all.

  6. #26

    Re: If u nerf CoH pls make more viable others healing spells

    When I watch old and new WWS (in 25 mens), with current CoH I'm of course on top of effective healing + my overhealing is WAY down from what it used to be. Before CoH got OP, I would struggle to be on top of effective healing, instead of using ~70% of CoH (now) I would use it for ~30% of my heals.

    CoH is and was a great healing group spell. If I take for example Bloodboil, and I presume everyone here does the "group thing", non-op group-only-CoH was just perfect. The intelligent factor added into the new CoH isn't that great for Bloodboil, but then again every bosses got nerf so bad, a kara geared raid could prolly go far into BT now...

    Point I want to make: adding a 6 secs cd isn't a good answer to the spamming. Before CoH got "intelligent", no one was spamming CoH all fight long. It was, as they want us to use, a situation spell. But adding the 6 secs cd is just gonna destroy the use completly. And think of it: you spend 41 points into a tree, for a spell that you're gonna use 5 times at most in a raid boss fight? Looks like such a waste!

    I say remove the intelligent factor, give us the "old good" CoH, increase the mana cost if you want, but let me the ability to use those well diserved points spell. What might just happen is every (well, a huge bunch) of hpriests will no get CoH, get Mental Agility and Spirit instead. Ultimately, priests will heal less than resto shamans (as it was before), and the "ultimate best healing class" title won't be for priests anymore...

    Way to go...

  7. #27

    Re: If u nerf CoH pls make more viable others healing spells

    Ultimately, priests will heal less than resto shamans (as it was before), and the "ultimate best healing class" title won't be for priests anymore...
    I think you accidentally nailed the problem, though a bit emo sounding. They originally wanted to homogenize healers but then they wanted to leave them with a "niche." They want everyone to have the tools to do everything (aoe, single target, utility, etc.) but then they want certain classes to excel in a niche. It's contradictory and they keep changing their mind. Obviously Paladin is the single target healer. Druid is the "hot" healer (though that's even debatable now). Then they have shaman/priest fighting for aoe healer. I know I've seen them say shamans are the aoe healer and priests are the versatile healer. They have the tools everyone has and they're pretty strong at all of them (though limited).

    AOE Heals:
    Holy Nova
    PoH
    CoH
    Binding Heal (sort of..)*

    Single Target:
    GH
    FH
    Desperate Prayer (Holy)
    Penance (Disc)
    Binding Heal (sort of)*

    HoT:
    Renew
    Lightwell (Holy)

    Mitigation:
    PoM (Not sure where to put it, almost fits in aoe since it jumps around)
    PoS


    So Priest really does fit the roll of the versatile healer. Instead of succeeding as a versatile healer, CoH has trumped everything to the point where there's little/no need to cast other heals. When parses come out with CoH doing 80%+ of the healing, it isn't balanced for a class that is supposed to be casting many different heals and has many tools to do it. Shamans have a whopping 5 heals (including earth shield [similar to PoM sort of]) and riptide (crap heal + crap hot on a 6s cooldown). It's not surprising CH used to account for 90% of a shamans healing back when they only had 4 heals (with 2 of them being highly inefficient).

  8. #28

    Re: If u nerf CoH pls make more viable others healing spells

    Quote Originally Posted by aerie
    This. I'll even go one step further and provide a basic stopcasting macro for the Flash Heal spammer's that might just get them invited to raids once the content becomes somewhat challenging again.

    Greater Heal
    Code:
    #showtooltip
    /stopcasting
    /cast Greater Heal
    For you folks that are just stubborn and want to spam Flash Heal all day;
    Guess you're a Holy Priest who hasn't tried Disc yet >.>

    I'll give you a quick hint:

    Flash Heal's effective mana cost = 470 -> 417 Glyphed -> 300 OR LESS depending on your SP with Rapture. I personally have 980 SP raid buffed (Low, I know, I'm a mp/5 whore XD) and I get back 113-120ish mana for every Flash that fully heals.

    Greater Heal = 838 (Disc currently cannot reach Imp Healing unless dropping Penance, which is current GHeal at half the mana) -> 700ish with Rapture.

    Flash = 1.5 untalented, GHeal 3 untalented...

    Make your own assumptions with that information. Flash Heal is EXCEPTIONALLY efficient in the hands of a Disc priest.

  9. #29

    Re: If u nerf CoH pls make more viable others healing spells

    Yep because I can get CoH and a full disc build at the same time...o wait...
    Skipping to the end of a thread and making a comment based on ONLY the last post is kind of >.> "special." His discussion was in response to someone saying "lol who uses FH, it's SOOOOO inefficient lolol, you're a bad priest" basically. In reality it isn't THAT inefficient especially if you want to factor in the monstrous overhealing of GH (and pray you get Serendipity to counter the cost?). Of course, the strength of each heal varies greatly on setting. In a 5 man situation, you can make any spell as efficient as you want since you are in control almost exclusively of everyone's health. In a 10 man, you lose a little control. In a 25 man, you're going to see lower cast time heals start to pull ahead on overall efficiency just because of overhealing of bigger heals and because of cast times of bigger heals.

  10. #30
    I am Murloc! Fenixdown's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2008
    Location
    Houston, TX
    Posts
    5,847

    Re: If u nerf CoH pls make more viable others healing spells

    Quote Originally Posted by Silendal
    I think that at the moment priest healing spells need to be improued a bit (I'm not talking about CoH I also agree that it needs some kind of nerf).

    Let me explain a bit with a list:

    Greater heal (rank 7) ----> 712 mana cost, 2.5 sec of cast (with no haste rating) Can I know if anyone use this spell in raid? Personally I can use sometime in 5 man party, but almost never used it in raid since w th at least 5 or 6 other healers (in 25-men raid), and sucha long casting time, I risk to do only overhealing. It costs 712 mana (I have around 12k mana raid buffed) so it easy to see that u can't use it so much in a raid if u don't want go out of mana in one minute.

    Flash heal (rank 9) ----> 423 mana cost, 1.5 sec of cast. This is in my opinion the best single target heal that priests have. Fast casting time and not so huge mana cost.

    Binding heal (ran 1) ----> 707 mana cost, 1.5 sec of cast. Nice cast time BUT 707 mana cost makes it no viable in a long fight imo. Almost never used it in raid.

    Heal (rank 4) ----> 801 mana cost, 2.5 sec of cast. Do I have to comment it? Have u ever used it in a raid?

    Lesser heal (rank 3) ----> 801 mna cost, 2.5 sec of cast. XD XD XD XD

    Renew ( rank 12) ----> 445 mana cost (less with mental agility). It is a very good hot. It is the healing spell that I use the most in raid with flash heal

    Prayer of mending ----> 393 mana cost, instant BUT with 10 sec cd (7 sec with 5 points in Divine providence). Very good healing spell it is the third most used healing spell by in raids.

    Holy nova (rank 7) ----> 655 mana cost, instant. Blizzard transforms it in a trainable spell bcause almost noone before the pacht spent the talent in the holt tree to get it. Yes it is vary nice, it looks cool, but 655 mana cos don't make me laught.

    Prayer of Healing (rank 6)----> 1131 mana cost, 3 sec.of cast. Personally I used it only in one specific fight. In Najentus fight after the shield break to heal my party stop.

    Circle of Healing (rank 5) ----> 550 mana cost, instant cast. Personally I think that now it is OP.

    So imo yes it is true that priest have thebiggest arsenal of healing spells but how many of them can be usefull in a raid? Imo:

    Flash heal

    Renew

    Prayer of mending

    Circle of Healing (but they are going to nerf it)

    So I agree that they nerf CoH but I hope also that Blizzard try to make all the rest of healing spells more viable and less useless for a raid. I mean at least:

    -Greater Heal

    -Binding Heal

    -Prayer of Healing

    -Holy nova

    have to be revisited a bit imo.


    What do u think?

    Sorry for my bad english :P
    http://elitistjerks.com/f31/t35208-p...v3_0_progress/

    This answers any questions you have. It also tells you that Greater Heal is indeed a far better healing spell than Flash Heal if you are Holy. Numbers don't lie. Also, Holy Nova won't be raid viable ever. It's an anti-rogue button first and pretty much last. Glyphed it does more healing. It just costs too much mana to be efficient.

    P.S. Binding Heal is God. I'd suggest you start using it way more often if you want to live in level 80 raids. I also fixed some spacing issues in my quote. Looks better that way.

  11. #31

    Re: If u nerf CoH pls make more viable others healing spells

    Quote Originally Posted by Fenixdown
    It's [Holy Nova] an anti-rogue button first and pretty much last. Glyphed it does more healing. It just costs too much mana to be efficient.
    HN was garbage for PVE in the past, but that's an old world thought that needs to be revisited. With the glyph and substantial reduction in mana cost 3.0 it becomes quite viable for priests and quite valuable for disc spec priests:

    • In holy spec, with glyph, HN provides greater HPS than CoH, so is better for fast AoE delivery of healing (though really only optimal for 5-man, or in raids where party healing is assigned 'old school'). Not as strong in terms of mana efficiency, but not the albatross it was before.
    • At level 70 in disc spec, glyphed HN offers similar HPS to and is more mana-efficient than unglyphed PoH.
    • At level 80 in disc spec, glyphed HN offers greater HPS and is more mana-efficient than unglyphed PoH.
    • At level 80 in disc spec, glyphed HN offers similar HPS to and is more mana-efficient than glyphed PoH should both spells be spammed (as the PoH would over-write its own HoT effect).
    • While the contributed damage after glyph is only marginally worth mentioning, the fact that it is threat-free can be quite valuable.

    Read up here for more info: http://www.plusheal.com/viewtopic.ph...st=0&sk=t&sd=a
    Bigslick (13/14H)
    "Those who deny respect for others deserve it not for themselves."

  12. #32

    Re: If u nerf CoH pls make more viable others healing spells

    I heal 10 mans. done a couple of 25s.

    1) if you are whining about (holy) priest heals sucking, I'm gonna roll out the lern2play. priests are the best healing class going right now. if you want chain heal roll a shammy an enjoy pressing that button for the next 2 years.

    2) greater heals should be bread and butter. talented to 700 mana these heal ~5500 for me. in 25 mans I can see the point about the cast time. still the go-to spell for a holy priest.

    3) overhealing is what you look at. generally I shot for less than 20% overheal, if I managed that I figured I did ok.


  13. #33

    Re: If u nerf CoH pls make more viable others healing spells

    Quote Originally Posted by Eloro
    I loled at this troll...

    If you really had read all the posts as you claim I 'should' have you would have noticed I had already posted on this thread and have been following it much closer than you have. That guy who said 'flash heal makes you a bad healer' even quoted me and no the quoted post was about OP saying Gheal was useless and us laughing at him for not using it.
    Actually, you are quite incorrect. If YOU had read my quote, you'd know I was responding to the person who was trying to say that Flash spam = bad priest, I have nothing to honestly say to the OP because everything I could say was said beforehand, there's no reason to beat a dead horse and keep posting what others have. The "troll" you responded to was actually right. Don't assume you know what others are referring to if you cannot simply read a quote >.>.

  14. #34

    Re: If u nerf CoH pls make more viable others healing spells

    The "troll" you responded to was actually right. Don't assume you know what others are referring to if you cannot simply read a quote >.>.
    Hehe thank you. I had written an entire post telling him how he was wrong and deleted it cause I was like... "this is one of those people who will argue for the sake of arguing."

  15. #35

    Re: If u nerf CoH pls make more viable others healing spells

    I was expecting 'Obvious troll is obvious' spam but apparently OP is serious and loads of you agree...This both shocks and amazes me.

    I'll talk further when you lot learn to use preemptive greater heals with stopcasting macros when on tank heals and not flash heals...seriously....flash heal? You would have been laughed at for saying that is your main heal 6 months ago.
    That was your first post I noticed. Before this post, I couldn't find a post anywhere that specifically said Flash Heal is better to be spammed on a tank than Greater Heal. Virtually ALL of the discussion before your post was talking about touch-up healing (well it was assumed). The OP I believe meant in a raid setting and let's face it, priests don't MT heal much anymore (or at least not in my guild and most other guilds I know in for T5+ TBC).

    Then you guys go into a debate over GH vs FH which gets more muddled because the person who was saying FH is good is discipline. Discipline is probably the oddest of tank healing specs because they actually CAN work off of a rotation. Then you get into a debate over Disc with CoH and just start name calling etc. etc. And your arguments degraded from there. If you want to discuss GH vs FH for MT healing, that's fine but it's comparing apples and oranges for Holy vs Disc since Disc has Penance to work in along with shield/renew and working around penance cooldown. I'm definately NOT an expert on the Disc tree; however, I can see how working around Penance cooldown could make casting Greater heal actually lower overall efficiency especially considering they wouldn't have serendipity either. But again, that whole discussion has little to nothing to do with the majority of this thread.

    Even the title of the thread (summary: help out our other heals if CoH is nerfed) kind of implies filling in the vacuum left for raid healing during those 6 seconds (or whatever the decision they make). Let's not forget 6 months ago, you didn't have glyphs to improve Flash heal either. You didn't have glyphs to improve Renew, etc. I still think GH is better for MT healing simply because it lets you stay outside the 5SR longer and get more mana back so you can throw out more PoM or Renews if you want/need to between cancel/casting.

    Saying GH > FH is just plain short-sighted but so is saying FH > GH. Every heal in the game is situational, and the mark of a good healer is knowing when to use which heal.



    I'll talk further when you lot learn to use preemptive greater heals with stopcasting macros when on tank heals and not flash heals...seriously....flash heal? You would have been laughed at for saying that is your main heal 6 months ago.'
    This alone shows me that you are one of those elitist people who won't change. They just go based off what is spoonfed to them from the past. Guess what? There are new spells, glyphs, changes in mechanics, and it's not all clearcut anymore. For some specs, preemptive greater heals MIGHT NOT be as effective as they once were.

  16. #36

    Re: If u nerf CoH pls make more viable others healing spells

    Ever used Lightwell pre-3.0? Yeah. It was awesome then, it still is awesome now.

    Circle got the boot, oh well. Played 18/43 to Sunwell pre-nerf, and it was a fine spell now. The smart aspect was retarded, however, as is "LOL PUSH 1 BUTAN TO TOP METARZ I WIN AT DPS... I MEEN HEALZ"

    To the Meter-whores out there, doesn't matter if you're top or bottom, your raid succeeded or your raid wiped, either way meters mean bullshit. (I got in fights with a flash spamming nub who needed 3 innervates in one loot reaver fight. Yeah, do that math, but he got them because he "topped meters" all the time.) The Smart Heal aspect is dumb. It's Overpowered, and the group aspect WAS fine before blizzard input the "Raid =/= 5 groups" philosophy. So, it's instacast. So is Holy Shock, Power Word Shield, Nature's Swiftness, blah blah. Those can snipe heals too, nerf anything instacast! Oh wait. They already have cooldowns.

    My suggestions personally follow along with previous posts that circle has its uses to spam, but should have an arcane blast type of debuff, or Prayer being smart with its cast time.

    All in all though, our raid output being nerfed, we still had other spells. Holy always will be the jack-of-all-trades, master-of-none healer. A single HoT, a few crappy multi-target heals (remember lolnova? Or how bad Circle scaled in 2.2?), bursty heals, and preventative damage that fails in comparison to disc's shielding mechanics.

    But the thing is, it can do it all. All of it. Without respeccing to drop one peice to pick up another. Circle's nerfed, doesnt' mean your whole bar disappears. Learn to cast more than one spell like you'd have had to at 80 anyways when bosses start actually hitting again, thanks.

    That's my two copper's worth.
    ~Former Priest/Guild Wars 2 Moderator~
    Now TESTING: ArcheAge (Alpha)
    Now PLAYING: MonoRed Burn (MtG Standard)
    Twitter: @KelestiMMO come say hi!
    ~When you speak, I hear silence. Every word a defiance~

  17. #37

    Re: If u nerf CoH pls make more viable others healing spells

    Quote Originally Posted by Eloro
    Look lets take it back step by step...

    'Yep because I can get CoH and a full disc build at the same time...o wait...' - myself

    ...was replying to the thread beginning

    'Guess you're a Holy Priest who hasn't tried Disc yet >.>..' - Rush

    ...was replying to the thread beginning

    'This. I'll even go one step further and provide a basic stopcasting macro for the Flash Heal spammer's that might just get them invited to raids once the content becomes somewhat challenging again.' - aerie

    ...was replying to MY POST...

    'I was expecting 'Obvious troll is obvious' spam but apparently OP is serious and loads of you agree...This both shocks and amazes me.

    I'll talk further when you lot learn to use preemptive greater heals with stopcasting macros when on tank heals and not flash heals...seriously....flash heal? You would have been laughed at for saying that is your main heal 6 months ago.'

    Which was in reply to the OP talking about holy priests specifically.

    What exactly do you think you were replying to?
    To the person who was talking about flash heal. I wasn't replying to:

    'This. I'll even go one step further and provide a basic stopcasting macro for the Flash Heal spammer's that might just get them invited to raids once the content becomes somewhat challenging again.' - aerie

    I was replying to the FINAL half, which is why I cut it off at that point:

    'For you folks that are just stubborn and want to spam Flash Heal all day;' - aerie

    So again, don't assume to know what I am replying to if you cannot read the quote. I have nothing to say to the OP, only to the person who says "spam flash = stubborn" when it is plainly not true with Disc, hence the "Holy Priest" comment, so stop getting all defensive, jeez. I'm done with you, so don't bother replying, I'm not answering a jerk who cannot simply read and comprehend like a normal human being.

  18. #38
    I am Murloc! Fenixdown's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2008
    Location
    Houston, TX
    Posts
    5,847

    Re: If u nerf CoH pls make more viable others healing spells

    Quote Originally Posted by Kelesti

    To the Meter-whores out there, doesn't matter if you're top or bottom, your raid succeeded or your raid wiped, either way meters mean bullshit.
    I want everyone to read this. Read it. All of you. Do you see that? Do you know what we call that in the healing community? INTELLIGENCE!

    Healing meters are crap. I'm disc atm and towards the bottom, does it mean I'm not doing my job? Well, let's see. the tank didn't take any serious spikes of damage. I Pain Suppressed on that first Enrage (Illidan). The boss died, and everyone else lived. Huh, go figure.

    I topped healing meters as holy MT healing, raid healing, it didn't matter usually. Not because my spells are OP or crap. Because I knew how to use them. The way a healing meter should be measured (if you feel the absolute necessity to judge people based on them) is by the percentage gaps between each person. If your #6 person is like, 5% below #5, then he's not doing much of anything. If from #1 to #6 you have a total of like, 4% difference, then everyone's doing their jobs and odds are nobody is dying.

    Healers everywhere, a bit of advice. It's better to be last on the healing meter and have 25 people standing at the end of an encounter than be first and wipe. Don't play to "top meters". Play with something remotely similar to skill, and your guilds will thank you forever for it. Unless your guild is led by some retard who judges healers by a meter. If so, I'd just find a more competent guild.

  19. #39

    Re: If u nerf CoH pls make more viable others healing spells

    I topped healing meters as holy MT healing, raid healing, it didn't matter usually. Not because my spells are OP or crap. Because I knew how to use them. The way a healing meter should be measured (if you feel the absolute necessity to judge people based on them) is by the percentage gaps between each person. If your #6 person is like, 5% below #5, then he's not doing much of anything. If from #1 to #6 you have a total of like, 4% difference, then everyone's doing their jobs and odds are nobody is dying.
    No. That would be true if you have Free-For-All Healing. Assuming you have healing assignments, it can often become very lopsided. In a fight where a tank takes 98% of the damage, a shaman isn't going to be anywhere near a paladin. Sometimes a healer has to stand somewhere specific in order to make sure "zones" are healed, but maybe no one goes near that zone. Maybe there's too many people tank healer/too few raid healers. Most healers spells are capable of much higher hps than is ever required (hence overhealing), so the healers assigned to heal where there is lopsided damage will end up with higher effective healing, either because of bad assignments or RNG or healer death.

    Though I will agree if someone is consistently 4-5% lower than most of the other healers there is something very wrong. RNG, Boss mechanics (MT heavy damage vs balanced vs raid heavy damage), and raid assignments will often create lopsided healing meters. To me, making sure the people you are assigned to heal stay alive is priority over others/topping meters.

    For instance, in Twins I assign the shamans for focusing the fire debuff healing. I give them a group that they are responsible for... sometimes 4 will be in one group, but I also tell them that if their assigned group has no debuff, THEY NEED to help the other groups. You have to follow your healing assignment but you also have to be aware enough to help out when needed without neglecting your job.

  20. #40
    I am Murloc! Fenixdown's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2008
    Location
    Houston, TX
    Posts
    5,847

    Re: If u nerf CoH pls make more viable others healing spells

    The numbers were just things I kinda made up as I went along typing, but yes, you clarified the point nicely. Thank you.

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •