Disc priest as tank healer

The more research I do on specing Disc, the more I keep reading posts saying something like "Bliz has stated that Discipline is a tank healing spec" but after an hour of searching the O boards, I can't find a single blue post or reference where Bliz has stated that. Does someone have a link that you would like to share?

Re: Disc priest as tank healer

http://blue.mmo-champion.com/2/12065...-healers-.html

abstract referal to it, there have been others between disc and holy palladins that suggest blizz aims those two specs towards a focus at keeping a single target alive under extreme damage.
    Once a drunken pirate, alwaysh a drunken pirate... Hic!

note that the disc will be the proactive single target healer (shields, hots...) and pally more of a reactive healer (Holyshock, then instant heal (or isn't it anymore?))
    Greetings Undead. Wonderful day to be alive, isn't it?

I always considered it a Utility/Healing spec....you know pain supression, mana burn, mass dispel...etc...

However I can tank until out of mana in PVP as disc....not so much as holy.

Disc as single target healer is phenomonal (spelling?).

I am not sure how MT healing will go now that lifebloom is nerfed, I guess druids will do less of it and more raid healing with wild growth. But a disc priest and a holy pally on a MT will be a phenomonal combo. Both have instant heals (pennance first tick instant iirc), regularly fast cast heals, high crit (espscially with almost inevitable raidwide moonkin aura and shaman totem) and decent mana longevity.

Not to mention Grace, which will make the raid adore you!

And seeing as Guardian Spirit is a must-have for Holy priests, the only way for a priest to get Divine Spirit is to go disc all the way.
    Original creator of the PointlessThread++;

Quote Originally Posted by Artex
    Not to mention Grace, which will make the raid adore you!
    [color=teal]The 3% damage reduction on Grace is also covered by Blessing of Sanctuary (hello Protection Paladin), and the 6% heal from Priests, if I recall correctly, is overridden by Tree of Life or Improved Devotion Aura (Again, hello there Mr. Paladin).

Quote Originally Posted by Artex
    And seeing as Guardian Spirit is a must-have for Holy priests, the only way for a priest to get Divine Spirit is to go disc all the way.

Divine Spirit in and of itself doesn't make that much a difference to Disc Priests, as Spirit loses its gain to spellpower (Spiritual Guidance is Holy, not Discipline). And the Improved version (+80 spellpower) gets overridden by a shaman baseline totem.

I would like to state, however, that Discipline tends to suck on the Overheal though. A Paladin and a Disc Priest are both healing the same tank. Priest lags, Paladin starts sniping the heals from Disc. Paladin's mana return is from crit directly, whereas Discipline is from effective healing done (not overheal) and damage absorbed. So you can start sucking, badly, if it doesn't work right.
    ~Former Priest/Guild Wars 2 Moderator~
    Now TESTING: ArcheAge (Alpha)
    Now PLAYING: MonoRed Burn (MtG Standard)
    Twitter: @KelestiMMO come say hi!
    ~When you speak, I hear silence. Every word a defiance~

Quote Originally Posted by Kelesti

I would like to state, however, that Discipline tends to suck on the Overheal though. A Paladin and a Disc Priest are both healing the same tank. Priest lags, Paladin starts sniping the heals from Disc. Paladin's mana return is from crit directly, whereas Discipline is from effective healing done (not overheal) and damage absorbed. So you can start sucking, badly, if it doesn't work right.
    I disagree. Shields do no overheal. PoM will likely be used most cooldowns. Pennance is an instant tick etc etc.

On top of that, if the priest is doing nothing but overheal - then there are clearly too many spamming the tank!

Quote Originally Posted by Jeff
    The more research I do on specing Disc, the more I keep reading posts saying something like "Bliz has stated that Discipline is a tank healing spec" but after an hour of searching the O boards, I can't find a single blue post or reference where Bliz has stated that. Does someone have a link that you would like to share?
    Discipline - About damage mitigation, utility and single target HPS. It's intended to be a better tank healer.

Holy - Good single target healer, but more healing utility. Intended to be the AOE healer, or the healer than can react to any situation. Only spec of a class that has an on demand HoT, AOE, Lightwell which players can click to heal themselves, a flash heal, a large greater heal.

Shadow - Obviously a single target sustained DPS, with Mind Sear now should be one of the strongest AOE classes. Class Designer

Thats from Koraa, you can see the post for yourself at this link
    http://blue.mmo-champion.com/6/96796...t-changes.html

There is also another post i've seen where they talk about how they intended for disc to be a tank healer but i can't remember where it was. When you click the link i believe its the 2nd post