Thread: Druid rotation

Druid rotation

Currently I am level 36 and I am wondering what is the best rotation for my feral druid right now to achieve maximum DPS? Also why does that rotation work so well and what does a feral druid rotation look for?

I have been looking around and right now I am using Pounce, Shred, Shred, Rake/Claw, then maybe another Rake/Claw then FB I pop out tiger fury and Faerie Fire early in the fight

Thank you for taking your time to read this post and appreciate your replies

Re: Druid rotation

Pounce + Shred + Claw + Rip/F.Bite

When you get mangle:

Pounce + Mangle + Shred + Mangle + Rip/F.Bite

Assuming you have talented shred, but without it is mangle not far superior?

Quote Originally Posted by Ntrails
    Assuming you have talented shred, but without it is mangle not far superior?
    Yes, mangle is better than untalented shred, but he's only level 36 anyway, so shred is all he has. However talented Shred is still better, and most feral druids will want the talents even just for the rage cost of Lacerate (soloing elites).

Also thought I'd mention for soloing I reckon Rip is never worth it - the mob will almost always be long dead before rip finishes, and once you factor in crits F Bite is usually better anyway.

Quote Originally Posted by Chronalis
    in soviet russia, mods troll you!

imo the best feral druid rotation is to the left all the way around...some people think doing a 180degree to the right, then a full to the left, then 180degrees back to the right is the best, but imo the simplicity of a full rotation to the left is vastly superior...
    The man they call Alan

Quote Originally Posted by Trolltrolltroll
    Telling people why you kicked them is the only way for them to know how not to do it in the next group they're in.

Seriously, imagine you're 5 years old, playing with Legos in your room, and dad comes in and slaps you around a little bit and tells you that you're grounded. What do you learn from the experience? Just that dad is an asshole.

Don't be an asshole, dad.

Thanks for the replies guys =] much appreciated

Quote Originally Posted by Angelico
    imo the best feral druid rotation is to the left all the way around...some people think doing a 180degree to the right, then a full to the left, then 180degrees back to the right is the best, but imo the simplicity of a full rotation to the left is vastly superior...
    Aww... you beat me to the punch ;_;

at your level one of the things to keep in mind is that you are getting agi on your gear and not int, spirit, etc. sounds dumb, but for most new players to the class, they're not very sure what to take and will just equip anything with more armor on it.

spirit is vastly underrated at low levels, dont aim to get it but dont ignore a piece of gear just because its agi, sta and spirit. when your out killing stuff solo every extra bit of hp/mp regen between kills is usefull - less time drinking = more time killing.

Quote Originally Posted by rimmer
    spirit is vastly underrated at low levels, dont aim to get it but dont ignore a piece of gear just because its agi, sta and spirit. when your out killing stuff solo every extra bit of hp/mp regen between kills is usefull - less time drinking = more time killing.
    Why would you be drinking as feral? If you're having to drink, or relying on spirit, then you're doing something wrong.

there is almost 0 rotation for a moonkin raiding....insect swarm starfire till u have to refresh it..or moonfire if u wish but with the nerfed glyph its hardly worth it

Quote Originally Posted by durtled
    there is almost 0 rotation for a moonkin raiding....insect swarm starfire till u have to refresh it..or moonfire if u wish but with the nerfed glyph its hardly worth it
    I think you'll find a lot of people disagree with you there, me included. Many won't even include insect swarm in their rotation (I still think it's worth it), but definitely moonfire. The 3% extra crit to Starfire alone almost makes it worth it, and given you still get 24 secs of dot per cast, that's at least 8 starfires you could get in there. If you add in the Glyph of Moonfire for extra DoT damage, it's still very powerful for one GCD and relatively little mana.

Also, there's still some debate about whether Eclipse is worth it or not. Personally for me I don't think I'll use it as the minor DPS improvement you get from doing it (about 5% by most accounts) is pretty much negated for me by the 500ms lag I get in Australia meaning I inevitably miss timing the Wrath spam and stand there doing nothing for a second.