Page 1 of 3
1
2
3
LastLast
  1. #1

    Wat talents to use as a balance druid?

    Wat talents to use as a balance druid?Please put talents for balance on talent calculator and put them here


    Please ty

  2. #2
    The Patient
    Join Date
    Mar 2008
    Location
    Ariel, Israel.
    Posts
    313

    Re: Wat talents to use as a balance druid?


  3. #3

    Re: Wat talents to use as a balance druid?

    Genesis, IFF and Brambles... why, oh why ???

  4. #4

    Re: Wat talents to use as a balance druid?

    Quote Originally Posted by Bionan
    Wat talents to use as a balance druid?Please put talents for balance on talent calculator and put them here


    Please ty

    I just posted this in another thread:
    For your lvl 70 spec I'd start with http://talent.mmo-champion.com/?drui...00000000000000

    which leaves 10 points for optional talents:

    Genesis: dps boost is too small to justify, most of your dps will come from starfire or wrath... 5% may seem big to some but it's 5% of a small percent of your total DPS
    Brambles: good for PvP, not so good for PvE
    Dreamstate: most players will need this, good for both PvE and PvP
    Improved Faerie Fire: do not even consider this talent unless you raid and your guild has no shadow preists
    Owlkin frenzy: great for PvE as many encounters have raid damage, even better for PvP or farming (procs constantly in Strat for me)
    Eclipse: not a well implemented talent, current theorycrafting and in game testing shows 1 point may be worth taking
    Typhoon: mainly a PvP talent, also useful for farming or for annoying your guilds tanks
    Gale Winds: good for AoE DPS(duh!)
    Starfall: good for AoE DPS, Single Target DPS and PvP

    Resto Talents: not really worth taking at lvl 70

  5. #5

    Re: Wat talents to use as a balance druid?

    http://www.wowhead.com/?talent=0xRbhiIoIdhVuouZbxz

    currently using this one

    although i have switch it from imp. insect swarm....
    All of Time and Space, Everything that has happened or will happened, Where do you want to start?

    "If you ever see a rogue, either rogue is overgear or the rogue has problems"

  6. #6

    Re: Wat talents to use as a balance druid?

    Quote Originally Posted by Deanimal
    For your lvl 70 spec I'd start with http://talent.mmo-champion.com/?drui...00000000000000
    Maybe it's just me but I would've thought if you give a starter spec you'd want it to actually have something

    To answer the OP's question is difficult given we don't really know what you want the spec for (raiding, PvE, PvP, levelling, soloing), nor even what level you're looking at (70? 80?). Given WOTLK is out Friday, I'm going to assume level 70 for levelling.

    For levelling from 70 this is what I'd go for (and is exactly what my druid is currently specced): http://www.wowhead.com/?talent=0xGfuVIssdhAuou

    I think most of the reasons are pretty obvious. Basically it's intended to maximise damage - I'm hoping that Innervate will be enough to cover mana regen, with maybe the odd drink or two here and there if necessary, but most mobs won't last long enough I reckon.

    I expect I'll likely change spec around level 75 or so, basically once you've got enough for the core balance talents (including Starfall) as well as enough spare to get OOC & Master Shapeshifter.

    Quote Originally Posted by Chronalis
    in soviet russia, mods troll you!

  7. #7

    Re: Wat talents to use as a balance druid?

    Quote Originally Posted by Degrador
    Maybe it's just me but I would've thought if you give a starter spec you'd want it to actually have something

    To answer the OP's question is difficult given we don't really know what you want the spec for (raiding, PvE, PvP, levelling, soloing), nor even what level you're looking at (70? 80?). Given WOTLK is out Friday, I'm going to assume level 70 for levelling.

    For levelling from 70 this is what I'd go for (and is exactly what my druid is currently specced): http://www.wowhead.com/?talent=0xGfuVIssdhAuou

    I think most of the reasons are pretty obvious. Basically it's intended to maximise damage - I'm hoping that Innervate will be enough to cover mana regen, with maybe the odd drink or two here and there if necessary, but most mobs won't last long enough I reckon.

    I expect I'll likely change spec around level 75 or so, basically once you've got enough for the core balance talents (including Starfall) as well as enough spare to get OOC & Master Shapeshifter.
    http://talent.mmo-champion.com/?drui...03213005001030 was the spec i meant to link.


  8. #8

    Re: Wat talents to use as a balance druid?

    this talent:

    [h]

  9. #9

    Re: Wat talents to use as a balance druid?

    Quote Originally Posted by Deanimal

    I just posted this in another thread:

    i might want to correct your ending statement: "no resto talents at 70". for raiding purpose i would somehow agree, just somehow, but for lvling there are some imba ones inthere...go up through master shapeshifter and get omen and the 30%mp5 and you're gonna skip 70 through 80 without even having to sit down to drink...and that's worth taking, imo...
    The man they call Alan

    Quote Originally Posted by Trolltrolltroll
    Telling people why you kicked them is the only way for them to know how not to do it in the next group they're in.

    Seriously, imagine you're 5 years old, playing with Legos in your room, and dad comes in and slaps you around a little bit and tells you that you're grounded. What do you learn from the experience? Just that dad is an asshole.

    Don't be an asshole, dad.

  10. #10

    Re: Wat talents to use as a balance druid?

    Quote Originally Posted by Angelico

    i might want to correct your ending statement: "no resto talents at 70". for raiding purpose i would somehow agree, just somehow, but for lvling there are some imba ones inthere...go up through master shapeshifter and get omen and the 30%mp5 and you're gonna skip 70 through 80 without even having to sit down to drink...and that's worth taking, imo...
    I think the time saved killing things quicker will outweigh the possible extra time spent drinking, I'm currently specced http://talent.mmo-champion.com/?drui...33213035011231 and rarely need to drink at all when solo farming strat/scholo/cc rep/dailies or when raiding.

    I plan to pick up resto talents as I level in this order:
    5/5 furor
    2/2 Imp Mark
    3/3 NSS
    drop dreamstate for intensity
    2/2 MSS

    also at some point I will drop Typhoon for OOC

  11. #11

    Re: Wat talents to use as a balance druid?

    Quote Originally Posted by Bionan
    Wat talents to use as a balance druid?Please put talents for balance on talent calculator and put them here


    Please ty

    Make an effort.

    Learn the class.

    Or even the specc.

    Test out abilities. Read the tooltips. Try and figure out what will help you achieve your goal.

    If it's dps, then try out the talents you think will increase your dps and find out.

    Make an effort.

    If you don't want to, then reroll hunter and just use autoshot........

  12. #12

    Re: Wat talents to use as a balance druid?

    Quote Originally Posted by Spots

    If you don't want to, then reroll hunter and just use autoshot........
    well spoken up untill this comment...you should be very well retardet to do autoshoot and expect to do more damage than a shadowpriest in healer gear with his mouse and keyboard disabled...
    The man they call Alan

    Quote Originally Posted by Trolltrolltroll
    Telling people why you kicked them is the only way for them to know how not to do it in the next group they're in.

    Seriously, imagine you're 5 years old, playing with Legos in your room, and dad comes in and slaps you around a little bit and tells you that you're grounded. What do you learn from the experience? Just that dad is an asshole.

    Don't be an asshole, dad.

  13. #13

    Re: Wat talents to use as a balance druid?

    Quote Originally Posted by Angelico
    well spoken up untill this comment...you should be very well retardet to do autoshoot and expect to do more damage than a shadowpriest in healer gear with his mouse and keyboard disabled...
    LoL. That comment wasn't intended to say I think hunter autoshot dps is OP.
    Was just the first thing to pop in my head that didn't require knowledge of the class or even any form of skill. ie even a drunk monkey can do it.


  14. #14

    Re: Wat talents to use as a balance druid?

    Quote Originally Posted by Spots
    If you don't want to, then reroll hunter and just use autoshot........
    Don't wanna be rude but 95% of Moonkins just spam wrath or starfire without any senseful rotation. Same goes for restos, you just spam Lifebloom with ocasional Swiftmend+Reju


    As for build: http://www.wowhead.com/?talent=0EGfuiIsIdIG something like that;P

  15. #15

    Re: Wat talents to use as a balance druid?

    Quote Originally Posted by Rufix
    Don't wanna be rude but 95% of Moonkins just spam wrath or starfire without any senseful rotation. Same goes for restos, you just spam Lifebloom with ocasional Swiftmend+Reju


    As for build: http://www.wowhead.com/?talent=0EGfuiIsIdIG something like that;P

    Yes and 95% of the moonkins suck. (since that 95% used to be FotM resto rerollers)

    Even in PvP I tend to use every dmging spell I got. Killing a lock with DoT's only is so much fun.

    In PvE I use the rotation the gives me the best dps for the best dpm.


    And those 95% of the moonkins make/read threads like this and just copy paste the builds posted here, thinking that alone will make them uber players.

  16. #16

    Re: Wat talents to use as a balance druid?

    Quote Originally Posted by Spots
    LoL. That comment wasn't intended to say I think hunter autoshot dps is OP.
    Was just the first thing to pop in my head that didn't require knowledge of the class or even any form of skill. ie even a drunk monkey can do it.

    YOU CALLING ME A DRUNKEN MONKEY?!?!? I AIN'T NO FRIGGIN...oh...wait...ye, i'm a drunken monkey... ... ... AND WHAT OF IT???
    The man they call Alan

    Quote Originally Posted by Trolltrolltroll
    Telling people why you kicked them is the only way for them to know how not to do it in the next group they're in.

    Seriously, imagine you're 5 years old, playing with Legos in your room, and dad comes in and slaps you around a little bit and tells you that you're grounded. What do you learn from the experience? Just that dad is an asshole.

    Don't be an asshole, dad.

  17. #17

    Re: Wat talents to use as a balance druid?

    Quote Originally Posted by Rufix
    Don't wanna be rude but 95% of Moonkins just spam wrath or starfire without any senseful rotation. Same goes for restos, you just spam Lifebloom with ocasional Swiftmend+Reju


    As for build: http://www.wowhead.com/?talent=0EGfuiIsIdIG something like that;P
    Terrible spec.... Genesis and IFF are waste of telent points, and you're mising vital DPS telents such as WoC and E&M.

  18. #18

    Re: Wat talents to use as a balance druid?

    Quote Originally Posted by Spots
    And those 95% of the moonkins make/read threads like this and just copy paste the builds posted here, thinking that alone will make them uber players.
    /agreed

    playing balance requires tons of testing and masscring

    60k more to go till i get my 25k lifetime kills

    without bgs.....
    All of Time and Space, Everything that has happened or will happened, Where do you want to start?

    "If you ever see a rogue, either rogue is overgear or the rogue has problems"

  19. #19

    Re: Wat talents to use as a balance druid?

    Could anyone rate these builds please. They are focused on PVP
    Balance:
    http://talent.mmo-champion.com/?drui...33013035311231
    Feral:
    http://talent.mmo-champion.com/?drui...00000000000000
    THx

  20. #20
    Fluffy Kitten Alski's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2008
    Location
    Earthquake rubble
    Posts
    2,150

    Re: Wat talents to use as a balance druid?

    Quote Originally Posted by Angelico
    well spoken up untill this comment...you should be very well retardet to do autoshoot and expect to do more damage than a shadowpriest in healer gear with his mouse and keyboard disabled...
    you should know by now that hunter has always (and always will be) perceived as the noob/retard class cause every new 12yo to this game rolls a hunter

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •