Page 1 of 2
LastLast

Exp gained Roughly from a full clear in a WOTLK Instance?

Right im sitting on a server with quite alot of people and i know that when wotlk comes out 2000+ people will be zerging to do the quests, so me and 4 others have got a group together that will instance non stop. We have t6 gear and sunwell epics, Now the thing is if its 20k per quest we are wondering now that would be easier questing since we dont know how much exp we will get a full clear of Utgarde Keep and the other instances.
    So does anyone roughly know how much rough exp you would be gaining for a full clear of instances in wotlk?

Re: Exp gained Roughly from a full clear in a WOTLK Instance?

Quote Originally Posted by Scifer
    So does anyone roughly know how much rough exp you would be gaining for a full clear of instances in wotlk?
    Yep I sure do.
    Quote Originally Posted by Shinshiva
    The fact remains that you FUCKING FAIL.

Quote Originally Posted by gobtol
    Yep I sure do.
    Your trolling failed terribly

Wait, you weren't looking for me to tell you the amount of xp were you?
    Quote Originally Posted by Shinshiva
    The fact remains that you FUCKING FAIL.

Even if the exp is lower then i expect it to be id be willing to bet its still faster then questing on day 1

Quote Originally Posted by Jayded1
    Even if the exp is lower then i expect it to be id be willing to bet its still faster then questing on day 1
    i expect the same tbh, we are all in KJ gear so we are hoping to clear each instance 15-30 mins maybe faster when we know more of layout etc. Just need a rough Estimate of the exp gained so i can work out how long per ding etc and how much downtime moving to the next instance.

i expect the same tbh, we are all in KJ gear
    No you aren't.

Bad liar is bad.

Ok so I asn't in the beta, but my good friend was and I think I can answer your question. Wotlk dungeons have very few trash mobs, which emans less xp per run. They are aslo tuned to take about 30 mins, which means ur grp will prolly knock them down every 10-12 minutes if ur all t6+. So u'll be pushing the 6 respawns per hour maximum, and idk if even with that if ur gonna be able to lvl quite as fast as questing. However, u will have a drastic advantage in terms of rep grinding.

Quote Originally Posted by loder
    No you aren't.

Bad liar is bad.
    Abbreviate

Quote Originally Posted by GladRogue
    Ok so I asn't in the beta, but my good friend was and I think I can answer your question. Wotlk dungeons have very few trash mobs, which emans less xp per run. They are aslo tuned to take about 30 mins, which means ur grp will prolly knock them down every 10-12 minutes if ur all t6+. So u'll be pushing the 6 respawns per hour maximum, and idk if even with that if ur gonna be able to lvl quite as fast as questing. However, u will have a drastic advantage in terms of rep grinding.
    Dont really care about rep tbh, only want to powerlevel to 80 and redo the quests a week later when they are less populated. I remember when TBC came out and Hellfire was completely crowded and to do a quest would take around 30 mins.

Dont really care about rep tbh, only want to powerlevel to 80 and redo the quests a week later when they are less populated. I remember when TBC came out and Hellfire was completely crowded and to do a quest would take around 30 mins.
    Hence the reason we have 2 starting zones this time and not to mention the DK "zone". I don't believe it will be as bad as TBC.
    Signature removed. Please read our guidelines. Venara

15+ Year Old Account

I have seen posts of about 150k per full clear in UK. Being T6+ geared it will be 15m or so after you get the fights down. Estimates are it will take about 10 full clears a level for 71 and 72.

Nexuss and UK will be the two primary ones to start on. You will not only get XP but rep for items/enchants and the like.

At lease for the first day i was going to do the instance grind with guildies in these two instances. Then hopefully I will be able to quest a little in between without the mad PVP flag fights for the mobs.

Good luck!

DPS Boomkin / Feral Tank

Quote Originally Posted by deathsclaw
    I have seen posts of about 150k per full clear in UK. Being T6+ geared it will be 15m or so after you get the fights down. Estimates are it will take about 10 full clears a level for 71 and 72.

Nexuss and UK will be the two primary ones to start on. You will not only get XP but rep for items/enchants and the like.

At lease for the first day i was going to do the instance grind with guildies in these two instances. Then hopefully I will be able to quest a little in between without the mad PVP flag fights for the mobs.

Good luck!
    Thank you very much.

the amount of exp you will or won't recieve in the dungeons compared to quest is not really relevent..... the quest with "kill these" will probly be damn near impossible to complete in a timely fashion due to the amount of people doing the quest. i'm gonna level in dungeons for the first few levels.

This email is not tied my WoW account. Quit sending me keylogger emails. Sorry.

Quote Originally Posted by deathsclaw
    I have seen posts of about 150k per full clear in UK.
    150,000? Wow. Does this seem high or is it just me? Could it be high because it based on Beta and they wanted people to level faster?

Or is it normal and I really don't pay that much attention to it?

Just curious... not calling you out or anything.
    Signature removed. Please read our guidelines. Venara

The trouble with questing will vary widely on the server your on, as well as the type of server. Im on Mal'Ganis(US) and its a PvP server. Doing Outdoor questing will likely end in frustration and very little actual questing for the first couple days. Instances give alot more XP in Wrath, from when I played the beta. There is nothing wrong with doing instances for XP, at least for the first few days.(you could also get the midnight release, take off of class/work on thursday and try to beat the rush of people to the next zone)

Utgarde 70-73 [14 minutes; 89k/run]
    Level 70: Utgarde. ~17.1 runs. 3.99 hours to level.
    Level 71: Utgarde. ~17.3 runs. 4.04 hours to level.
    Level 72: Utgarde. ~17.5 runs. 4.08 hours to level.
    Total: ~12.11 Hours in Utgarde

Ahn Kahet 73-75 [17 minutes; 93k/run]
    Level 73: Ahn'Kahet. ~16.9 runs. 4.79 hours to level.
    Level 74: Ahn'Kahet. ~17.1 runs. 4.84 hours to level.
    Total: ~9.62 Hours in Ahn'Kahet

Gundrak 75-77 (very good xp, short way to exit) [15 minutes; 94k/run]
    Level 75: Gun'Drak. ~17.07 runs. 4.26 hours to level.
    Level 76: Gun'Drak. ~17.24 runs. 4.31 hours to level.
    Total: ~8.57 Hours in Gun'Drak.

Stone 77-80 [16.5 minutes; 98k/run]
    Level 77: Halls of Stone. ~16.7 runs. 4.59 hours to level.
    Level 78: Halls of Stone. ~16.9 runs. 4.64 hours to level.
    Level 79: Halls of STone. ~17.05 runs. 4.69 hours to level.
    Total: ~13.92 Hours in Halls of Stone.

Grand Total: ~44.23 hours to level.

Questing is faster, no doubt.

And when I just recently rolled on Azuremyst (fresh EU realm, I started on the first day a bit over than 2 weeks ago), the questing will be so much easier when there are now barely 10-20 level 60+ players online at horde side. Same with the alliance prob, saw my first alliance in outlands while questing at Nagrand.

And I will level my other chars after the rush has calmed.

You get around 100-150 (rested) XP from a Utgarde keep run when your lvl 70. (BETA experience)

I got 19.5k XP (rested) when I soloed a Proto-drake in Utgard keep with my mage. And that's about what you get from a quest, the fight took about 2min. Maybe not that good but hey! I was having fun .

The Patient
    15+ Year Old Account

150k is only 1/10 of the xp required to become lvl 71. 2 bars per instance is ok (if not rested) - 5 hours grinding the same instance isn't fun.

I'd be more likely to skip first half of a zone, since quests will be there as well and less shared mobs.
    Jeffrey Kaplan: The real goal is throughout the Warcraft games how many times can you kill Mal'Ganis?