an idea about Haste and the cooldowns

with what they are doing about CoH, i had an idea about the cooldowns on all spells and i want peoples feedback on it.

how do people think it would work if the haste stat also decreased the cooldown on spells by a amount reletive to the haste rating of the character?

and as it ever been tried on the beta realms as i hardly ever go onto the beta realms so i wouldn't know.

but i am now saying every CD gets reduced by the haste rating, but mainly healing and offensive cast CD's

Re: an idea about Haste and the cooldowns

When you say CD, I'm assuming you mean talent CD... and NOT internal CD to procs?

Most of these spells have a CD b/c they are quite powerful to begin with. Reducing the CD as well as their cast time would really change the balance between the classes, IMO. I know you mentioned specifically COH, however, consider warrior's MS, Blood Thirst, and WW.

Rogues would have a ball!! Their vanish, COS, and evasion would benefit big time under your scheme. Haste would reduce their ability cooldowns by whole chunks of seconds.

Haste affecting spell cast time or attack time appears to be balance across the board. However, there are classes that have very few CDs in their normal arsenal. For example, Affliction Warlocks: Haunt, shatter, and death coil are the only real CDs they have. Shatter is PVE only while Death Coil is almost always PVP only. I don't know how often haunt is used in PVP though, but it is a staple in PVE.

Anyhow, just 2cents.

i do mean the cooldowns so for Circle of healing if the do introduce this 6 second cooldown on it, at level 80, every 32.79 haste points we have would reduce that cast time of it by 1%, for 'locks even the Soulstone could be reduced by this, so at base the cooldown is 30 minutes then every 32.79 points its gets reduced by 1%.

15+ Year Old Account

IMHO that's a pretty crappy idea. Why?

As another poster said it would (further) unbalance classes. Rogues would profit alot with all their various cooldowns. Shaving a few seconds CD off of Shadowstep? Would be awesome but probably OP.

The other thing is: There are procs/items (engineer hands enchant for example) that give haste rating for 8-10 seconds. What happens to cooldowns that are longer than that but are used while hasted? Or those that were on cooldown before but the haste would de-cooldown them?
    You know what is better than drinking a beer? Brewing your own beer. And then drinking it. And then... Drinking another beer. And then, punching somebody in the snout! That's what!

I see rogues wearing the skull of guldan ^^

Quote Originally Posted by AetherMcLoud
    IMHO that's a pretty crappy idea. Why?

As another poster said it would (further) unbalance classes. Rogues would profit alot with all their various cooldowns. Shaving a few seconds CD off of Shadowstep? Would be awesome but probably OP.

The other thing is: There are procs/items (engineer hands enchant for example) that give haste rating for 8-10 seconds. What happens to cooldowns that are longer than that but are used while hasted? Or those that were on cooldown before but the haste would de-cooldown them?
    i totally disagree...
    granted there are alot of talents/ enchants/ abilities and whatever else that increase your haste rating BUT lets look...
    1% haste = 32 haste points
    10 = 320
    100% = 3200
    noone can get anywhere close to 3200 haste points...
    so this whole OP thing about rogues getting a massive reduction to cooldowns makes no sense...
    yes they get a bunch of haste but vanish has a 10 min cooldown? 10% haste makes it only 9... which requires 320 haste...
    shadow step? i dont know the exact cooldown on it but for shits and giggles we will use 10 seconds... once again its a grand total of 1 second haste on ShS with 320 haste rating...
    i think the mechanics would need to ebc alculated very carefully but your first assumption of it being massive OP for rogues or whatever class has more cooldowns is inaccurate.
    also if an afflict lock CHOOSES to be afflict than thats not our problem for him benifiting less from haste, he chose that spec and he has other priorities in stats than haste... every class will balance out in the end, each with its own niche and its own "most desired" attribute.

15+ Year Old Account

Quote Originally Posted by peanutpwnzyou
    i totally disagree...
    granted there are alot of talents/ enchants/ abilities and whatever else that increase your haste rating BUT lets look...
    1% haste = 32 haste points
    10 = 320
    100% = 3200
    noone can get anywhere close to 3200 haste points...
    so this whole OP thing about rogues getting a massive reduction to cooldowns makes no sense...
    yes they get a bunch of haste but vanish has a 10 min cooldown? 10% haste makes it only 9... which requires 320 haste...
    shadow step? i dont know the exact cooldown on it but for shits and giggles we will use 10 seconds... once again its a grand total of 1 second haste on ShS with 320 haste rating...
    i think the mechanics would need to ebc alculated very carefully but your first assumption of it being massive OP for rogues or whatever class has more cooldowns is inaccurate.
    also if an afflict lock CHOOSES to be afflict than thats not our problem for him benifiting less from haste, he chose that spec and he has other priorities in stats than haste... every class will balance out in the end, each with its own niche and its own "most desired" attribute.
    LOL dude, get your facts straight. Vanish has a 3 min cooldown, 2 min talented. There is an engineer enchantment that gives 340 haste for 8 or 10 seconds. That would be a bit more than 10% haste. Meaning vanish would get 12 seconds reduced cooldown which is huge. Shadowstep would get 3 seconds off its cd.
    You know what is better than drinking a beer? Brewing your own beer. And then drinking it. And then... Drinking another beer. And then, punching somebody in the snout! That's what!

this idea is not that bad but it isnt doable coz different classes have different amount of CD's ...so how would u balance this? its nearly impossible.

It sounds like a cool mechanic but I don't think haste was ever created with this in mind and as such it works kinda clumsily and doesnt feel like it would promote a balanced environment.

How would temp haste buffs work? Does the CD just benefit 100% from a temp haste buff? Like if you have a 5min CD and 10% haste rating (so it's now 270 sec CD) and you proc a 2% haste buff for 15sec, how does that apply to the CD?

I think it's best to leave Cooldowns alone even though it sounds like a cool idea.