Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst
LastLast

Re: TwentyFifthNovember!!

Quote Originally Posted by Lobbas
    fool, why do you say "the swedes". They aren't all swedish you know, it's an EU guild, with a larger amount of people from the nordic countries. Don't be so quick to lie like you just did, you need some info behind it to support or you will get owned by people like me all the time
    yeah, as far is I remember most of the year it's dark over there . So I understand why the play so much...

By burning fast though progress they get more time to real life stuff. So bad argumentation there.

Quote Originally Posted by Barrar
    This is really what accounts for the majority of their success simply because they don't have to do anything else except play WOW. Hell, I'm not saying I wouldn't love to get payed to play a game, but that's not the case for me.
    Totally agree with you on this one, likewise.

Half of it is time, half of it is gathering a group of people that don't suck.

Because, lets face it, WoW's difficulty stems from having to coordinate a large number of people alone - but the game itself is by no means demanding on personal skills, just a bit of common sense and research.

Quote Originally Posted by Bergenia
    I'm not a big fan of whiners but I will agree with you on this. It's sad really, more than anything. Kungen is what, 18-20? He's throwing away some of the best years of his life.
    This I don't know, to be honest... I mean, if you think about it, some of the lead developers of WoW right now were hardcore players of EQ, Ultima, etc.

Videogames have become a gateway for professional opportunities, believe it or not. Likewise, he's probably having fun and enjoying his 15 minutes of fame, else he wouldn't do it.

Me? During those years I was drunk senseless the whole time with friends - waste of time, but it was a blast.
    Served steaming hot, right out of the waffle grill. With just the right amount of STFU poured on top.

Quote Originally Posted by Lobbas
    fool, why do you say "the swedes". They aren't all swedish you know, it's an EU guild, with a larger amount of people from the nordic countries. Don't be so quick to lie like you just did, you need some info behind it to support or you will get owned by people like me all the time
    You didn't own him in any certain way, you simply pointed out he were wrong in some ways ..

I'm not a big fan of whiners but I will agree with you on this. It's sad really, more than anything. Kungen is what, 18-20? He's throwing away some of the best years of his life. I know I'll never get back the insane fun I had IRL when I was in my late teens/early twenties, not to mention the life lessons learned. Imagine being 50 and looking back at those years, realizing he wasted his youth, and for what? Pixels on a screen...
    And I bet your dads dad is saying (said, no disrespect) about you and your father and you will say that (god willing) about your grandkids.

It is a generation thing. As long as he is doing what he likes and does not "hurt" anyone else, have at it.
    Signature removed. Please read our guidelines. Venara

Quote Originally Posted by Barrar
    How in any way are you being forced to read and hear about them? ??? It's not like they are on the news channel for these feats. They have a website and fanboys start threads about them. That is about as far as they go. Any group with any hand-eye coordination could do what they did if like myself, didn't spend 40 hours a week at an actual job.
    hand-eye coordination? are you serious?

Quote Originally Posted by ROFLWaffles
    Not what I meant, sorry. (If that was directed at me)

People that I know that have had to deal with them for one reason or another are the ones that came back saying that they're tremendous fatheads.

Again, I am utterly impressed with how fast they've gone through content - heck, I even cheered for Nihilum back in the days when they were fighting DnT for the lead. But the good way to go about this is being polite and respectful and remembering that people don't owe you shit just because you have the time, sponsorship and people to do these things.
    And what is done is done. Just like The Lion King /BONK "its in the past it don't matter." To continue to dwell on it only brings that much more attention to them which is what you may be trying to avoid?

Quote Originally Posted by Nezoia
    By burning fast though progress they get more time to real life stuff. So bad argumentation there.
    Don't know about that.

They had to go balls-to-the-wall to level that fast and get ready for these instances. They achieved what other guilds will achieve playing casual amounts of time and doing other stuff in the mean time.

It kinda evens out at the end, I guess - but your argument is just as fallacious.
    Served steaming hot, right out of the waffle grill. With just the right amount of STFU poured on top.

Don't know about that.

They had to go balls-to-the-wall to level that fast and get ready for these instances. They achieved what other guilds will achieve playing casual amounts of time and doing other stuff in the mean time.

It kinda evens out at the end, I guess - but your argument is just as fallacious.
    Well, I happend to be classmate with one of their druids

He play ALOT less WoW than I do. Crazy fucker spend all his time in the gym. Like 3-4 days a week atleast.

He play ALOT less WoW than I do. Crazy fucker spend all his time in the gym. Like 3-4 days a week atleast.
    So does that mean he is like an Arnold WOWer or what? ;D

Quote Originally Posted by Aknot
    To continue to dwell on it only brings that much more attention to them which is what you may be trying to avoid?
    Me? I don't mind either way. It is silly that they're trying to be rock stars over it, sure... but I don't really care.

It does bother me when people think themselves superior to everyone else and treat other people disrespectfully.

If they want to pretend they're rock stars... good for them, they will probably find profit in doing such. But hopefully they'll remember that being douchy and rude helps no one.

Quote Originally Posted by elapadrinar
    hand-eye coordination? are you serious?
    Uh yeah. You do realize that term applies to anything relating to visually looking and then performing an action based on that?

Well, you surely agree that getting from 70-80 takes a set amount of time dedicated.

(Heck, stocking in well rested probably will take the least amount of game hours played, although it'd also take the longest amount of time taken to reach that point.)

The day doesn't have enough hours for you to go to class, put a lot of time in the gym and level to 80 insanely quick. He may have put gym on standby, or whatever... but there's no changing the fact that 70->80 is a huge time sink.

They spent the time going nuts over leveling, other people are taking it easy - both groups are spending the time more or less evenly.

Nez long time no see. How ya been?

People equate "time" with leveling and clearing instances.... Listen I will try to help you people out to understand how this may not be entirely true.

If you "plan" out a route instead of just jumping in your car and driving you will get there faster and more efficiently.

If you have a group of like minded people you have been with for a while ANY obstacle you overcome will be accomplished quicker.

So while time may be an issue, when you plan something, stick to the plan and have people helping you things work out a lot better.

Im sure these guilds plan what characters to level first, where and how to level them, properly speccing them (to level then to instance) and possibly profession them.

Love them or hate them they are a well oiled machine, had a goal and accomplished it. Your opinion on said goal is insignificant as it is their goal not yours. Im sure you have done something in your life that some of us really wouldn't give a crap about.

***Edit***
    The only part to Nez was the "hi" part. The rest is just generally addressing the thread...

Yeah, I guess everyone needs to get their high from somewhere even if it is a game.

Well, you surely agree that getting from 70-80 takes a set amount of time dedicated.

(Heck, stocking in well rested probably will take the least amount of game hours played, although it'd also take the longest amount of time taken to reach that point.)

The day doesn't have enough hours for you to go to class, put a lot of time in the gym and level to 80 insanely quick. He may have put gym on standby, or whatever... but there's no changing the fact that 70->80 is a huge time sink.

They spent the time going nuts over leveling, other people are taking it easy - both groups are spending the time more or less evenly.
    We both took a week off University to level up to 80.

15+ Year Old Account

This I don't know, to be honest... I mean, if you think about it, some of the lead developers of WoW right now were hardcore players of EQ, Ultima, etc.

Videogames have become a gateway for professional opportunities, believe it or not.
    This.

Did it REALLY take you guys so long to figure it? A single guy in the first 4 pages noticed.
    Where do you think Kalgan comes from?

By doing this kind of stuff, they are building fame. So when Kungen, or someone else, will decide he wants to apply as Game Designer for some Blizzard's new game, or any other, he will be able to say: "you know that guild who was over the top for years? I was there as GM".
    A programmer needs programming experience and a good CV. A Game Designer needs game experience and a good CV too. That's what they're building.

When you'll realize that there are advantages to fame, you'll probably be too late.

PS: since I know the question will come, there's the answer - I'm not one of their fanboys, neither an hardcore player, neither a nolifer. Get some good sense and you'll realize what is my point.
    Quote Originally Posted by Qieth
    I don't do math, blind assumptions work so much better for me.

I'm not a big fan of whiners but I will agree with you on this. It's sad really, more than anything. Kungen is what, 18-20? He's throwing away some of the best years of his life. I know I'll never get back the insane fun I had IRL when I was in my late teens/early twenties, not to mention the life lessons learned. Imagine being 50 and looking back at those years, realizing he wasted his youth, and for what? Pixels on a screen...
    Imagine being 50 and looking back at those years, realizing you wasted your youth, and for what? Drops in a bottle...

People enjoy doing different things. I highly doubt he'll look back and think it was a huge waste of time. He obviously enjoys doing it, and more likely than not, he'll remember the fun and success he had rather than thinking that he "wasted his youth."

Also, I'm sure he and his guild are very close knit. I'm also sure that some of the people he plays with are his best friends how. Whats the difference between going over to a friend's place and hanging out as opposed to hanging out with your friends on the computer.

They're people too, sure they brag and what not, but could you imagine how crappy things would be if people didn't take pride in what they do? "Hey guys, you're the best football team in the world, you just won the Super Bowl!" "Nah, we're really not that good. We really don't take pride in winning, and as a matter of fact, we wish football wasn't televised so people not everybody would know we won."

Give me a break. I'm not a fanboy, I couldn't care less if they all died, but I think its stupid to put them down for these same old arguments when they're obviously some of the best at what they do.

Quote Originally Posted by arel00

When you'll realize that there are advantages to fame, you'll probably be too late.

PS: since I know the question will come, there's the answer - I'm not one of their fanboys, neither an hardcore player, neither a nolifer. Get some good sense and you'll realize what is my point.
    My wife says I have no sense so here goes....

Lets say there are 35 people in that guild..... There is only 1 GL. A few "Officers". Where does that leave the other 25 "Famed" people? or do they just not count? The GL while providing a great service cant do it alone.

So while that "fame" may help a few people what about the rest?

Quote Originally Posted by eebster
    It's honestly sad and sick to see this. Call me what you like but these bunch of swedes are honestly pethetic it makes me want to just...I don't know honestly.

To actually premote it at a time of the release of WoTLK as if it was even bigger then the game! pethetic fools.

I honestly pray these low/no lifers get rinsed in WoTLK, all that publicity, all that (I got no real job. so I'll spend it on raiding).

Gone were the days when guilds like D&T were top, gone were the days when a guild liked competition and braced it instead of merging to illiminate it. Gone were the days when top guilds knew they were just a bunch of people enjoying the game and going for world first for the hell of it (instead of them ASSuming they were A.C Milan merging with Inter Milan).

That was fun
    If by any chance the "GOD" Kungen or his minions read this, what I really would love to read is, what are your plans once all this "backstreetboys" fame is over? what will you do? how will you put your "god knows how long you've paused your lives" normal life together? now honestly that would be something interesting for me to read.

I'm a hater and I'm glad to admit it. It's not really the jelousy, more so of the fact a bunch of fat ass kids that are throwing most of their lives away yet walk around as if they were top class sportsmen.
    why does it bother me. I honestly don't know
    it bothers you because you failed at your so called "life" and then started playing WoW wich made you very sad that there were people better than you in a game too.

its just a guess but hell if you even botherd to type that much and you aint jealous then you got some problems