Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst

Re: Shadowpriest Gemming question

Quote Originally Posted by Worshaka
    Lastly, this point of needing less haste rating to reach 1% is garbage... simulationcraft maps the ratings, not the percentages... if simulationcraft says 1 haste rating = x pseudo power then that's what it equals in comparison to 1 crit rating... whether you need 5million rating for 1% is irrelevant.
    It's not that it's irrelevant but at this point it would already have been calculated into the equation.

Also, we now have Glyph of Shadow as well which even further ups +crit as the superior stat as compared to +haste, and it ups spirit a bit as well(spell crits in shadowform increase spellpower by 10% of spirit for 10 secs)

Edit: Atleast it ups crit untill a point where you can more or less be sure to keep this buff up

For MB and MF : Crits doenst scale that well as haste, means the more crit u have , it will get worse..

ie:
    1% - 2% (1% improve) = 100% Improve to crit
    2% - 3% (1% improve) = 50% Improve to crit

But Crit is the stat i will gem ..since haste leads to mana issues and crit doesnt

Quote Originally Posted by Lostprophet
    For MB and MF : Crits doenst scale that well as haste, means the more crit u have , it will get worse..

ie:
    1% - 2% (1% improve) = 100% Improve to crit
    2% - 3% (1% improve) = 50% Improve to crit

But Crit is the stat i will gem ..since haste leads to mana issues and crit doesnt
    Any proof (besides spriest.com simcraft) that MF scales better with haste than with crit? Also, where did you get that MB scales good with haste?

i wrote y .... coz crit will get worse the more u have.. haste doesnt unless u reach 1s casting time.. (which isnt rly possible for MF, for MB its easier but i had ~300 haste @ 70 with sunwell gear and there wasnt possible to have much more = Mb was ~1.2 casttime)

But this isnt true for our Dots, there is the scaling "linear" with crit and haste scaling is linear for MB and MF.

IF IM WRONG PLS CORRECT ME

besides, the new PP Calc for the stats on shadowpriest are coz mf is still broken. If blizz manage to fix that, haste will get his 0.63 PP back.

Crit will always be best for us, seeing the new ability gain on shadowform. Dmg increased by your amount of crit %? Hell no i will stack haste then when crit is so much better.

Quote Originally Posted by Anglarana
    That site is full of mistakes and wrong calculations m8, dont even bother looking at it. Crit is better in breakdown numbers than haste at 80. That number doesnt change, its just that haste gets a new calculations everytime when you get more, to fully understand the calculation of haste combined with your spells and then combine it to the rest of your spell haste.
    Unless you can back that up with some solid facts and detailed calculations, im gonna say what u posted are garbage. That site is considered as the holy bible by all raiding/wannabe shadowpriests. Im no fanboi and i dont just blindly follow the herd, but unless you have substantial proofs of your own to refute all thier findings, i would advice the rest of us to put you on /ignore.

The PP values are determined by many reasons. I suggest you study the methods first.
    Quote Originally Posted by forumfail
    The ensuing debate is so exciting and necessary that I can't stop punching myself in the dick
    Quote Originally Posted by burek View Post
    i'd expect the US average to be something obese
    http://us.battle.net/wow/en/characte...Irdaq/advanced

Quote Originally Posted by irdaq
    Unless you can back that up with some solid facts and detailed calculations, im gonna say what u posted are garbage. That site is considered as the holy bible by all raiding/wannabe shadowpriests. Im no fanboi and i dont just blindly follow the herd, but unless you have substantial proofs of your own to refute all thier findings, i would advice the rest of us to put you on /ignore.

The PP values are determined by many reasons. I suggest you study the methods first.
    This just shows that you dont even read any information on that site at all.

For if you had, you would have come to the same conclusion that all the posts and topics there keep contradicting themselves and others every single time. Along with every other site, it is meant as a guideline. I only listen to blue posts from blizzard, not what someone has written on some forum. And i know these numbers were correct seeing there was a blue post stating this a very long time ago. The only thing i am not sure about is if those pointers were meant for Lvl 70 or 80 and if they even change between those levels.

We cannot say that haste is better than crit or vice-versa. We will want both (assuming we reach hit-cap first).

All 3 dots scale with crit and have 0 scaling with haste. Mind Blast haste scaling is negligible due to the spell's cooldown. Mind Flay scales better with haste but also benefits a lot from crit, same with Mind Sear. Since MF is our main nuke, we will want to obtain some kind of golden middle of spellpower, haste and crit. So far, SimCraft at SP.com hasn't yet shown what the golden middle number is.

There is no golden number because when the number is achieved there is account for human error not to mention we have to reroll our DoTs perfectly and it just won't happen. Stack more spellpower. If you get more pseudodamage out of gemming crit/spellpower for the bonus then do it. Never stack a pure crit or pure haste gem. Gem for hit if you have to (it's valued at like 1.22 pseudodamage if your not hit capped).

When in doubt - Shadowpriest.com

2 pages of posts and i havent seen a peep answering the guy's question.. We dont care about ur numbers, yes we have inet too so we can go read webpages and compare. Isnt there someone here who can actually say "the jem with the name xxxxx which has x crit and x spell power is the best for shadow priest atm" ?

Seriously u over do it with all ur answers trying to be "pro"!
    This user has been permanently banned from the forums for having severe social issues and being a jerk far too regularly.

Quote Originally Posted by nosfero
    2 pages of posts and i havent seen a peep answering the guy's question.. We dont care about ur numbers, yes we have inet too so we can go read webpages and compare. Isnt there someone here who can actually say "the jem with the name xxxxx which has x crit and x spell power is the best for shadow priest atm" ?

Such thing cannot be said without:

1) Seeing the item that's being socketed (socket color + socket bonus).
    2) Seeing the items the person currently has.

L2communicate btw.

I think I clearly answered the guys question. Gem pure spell power or CRIT/SPELL POWER. He asked crit/spell power or spell power/int. Most of us clearly stated which gems are the best and informed him that spell power/int is silly.

Can you maybe just read the topic? I have already answered the gemming question on page 1......

I h8 retards making stupid accusations about untrue things... /sigh

Welcome to the world of noobcraft.

Im aiming for excatly so much haste that my Mind flay will fit 2 times between MB Cooldown. it means 5.5 / 2 = 2.75s castime if i get this from items i wont gem haste...

ya i know this wont work when i have to recast dots but cutting a mind fly will always tend i a minimal dps loss. so i will minimize the times i have to cut my mindflay for casting MB.

Don't gem haste before you have atleast 4 pieces of Tier 7, you really really want more crit and spirit for now.

Neither of us got regen for stacking haste either. We're making our Leatherworkers use Drums of Restoration rather than Battle (Haste) because we cannot keep our mana up.

On all other encounters but Four Horsemen I use Mana Potions as well. But I also have a advantage being herbalist for [item=39969]