Page 1 of 2
LastLast

The FoL Glyph.. What does everyone think honestly?

I played beta and in beta i raided with a top beta guild who got server 1sts on naxx 10 and 25 man horde side and on live i raid with a KJ guild and blah blah blah.

ANY Ways to my point.. in beta i used the FoL glyph and found it extremely useful.. i normally topped HPS and Healing Done charts over priests and druids and i believed it was because of the glyph. Throw some hots on everyone while keepin beacon on the MT or who ever i was healing and there was a steady amount of heals.

So with my experience in beta i figured id try it out on live.. and it pretty much sucked dick. I think the glyph is more designed around lvl 80 then lvl 70. Has anyone really sat down and done the HPS and healing done statistics on it or has everyone just assumed it sucks cuz its a 50% cut on the initial heal.

Deleted

Re: The FoL Glyph.. What does everyone think honestly?

I am usually topping HPS and healing done myself, but that's without the glyph. I haven't tried the glyph nor will I do so in the future either. There's so many fights where no one else than tanks are taking damage so throwing hots around to other raid members won't benefit at all since Bacon doesn't affect overheals. Also, Holy Shock isn't spammable and it is very mana-hungry so I much rather use FoL when there is no need for HL spamming and save holy shock for healing other raid members.

Quote Originally Posted by modrn
    ANY Ways to my point.. in beta i used the FoL glyph and found it extremely useful.. i normally topped HPS and Healing Done charts over priests and druids and i believed it was because of the glyph. Throw some hots on everyone while keepin beacon on the MT or who ever i was healing and there was a steady amount of heals.
    Originally this was my thinking as well. But it does not work like that. I ran a raid using the glyph and then went back into the combat logs. The BoL does not get ANY of the HoT. The BoL will only receive heals "cast" on other party members and the glyph is considered an effect sadly.

Ohh really ? I never knew that.. then i guess the glyph just sucks period haha. All this time i thought i was toppin HPS and heals done cuz of it BUT its obvious without the glyph it would of been even better lol. But i swear i saw heals ticking constantly on the tank when i wasnt healing and i thought it was from the hot.

Quote Originally Posted by modrn
    . But i swear i saw heals ticking constantly on the tank when i wasnt healing and i thought it was from the hot.
    It could have been if you tried it in Beta. I did not have the opportunity to get into Beta so I tested it on live about a week after 3.02 dropped. But yeah your right...the glyph has no real value as far as I can see in its current form.

If all you do is raid and MT heal, it'd be a very viable glyph for spot healing AE damage. On the other hand, if you do anything else it nerfs what in many cases is the 'go to' heal of choice.

I've actually seen some people using it and I'm just amazed that they would. My friend who doesn't get into game mechanics at all (his BM Hunter was talented 51/0/0...) looked at it and immediately said he would never take it unless he was raiding. That about sums it up. Even those players who usually make bad choices are looking at this like it's terrible.

Quote Originally Posted by GayGirlie
    There's so many fights where no one else than tanks are taking damage so throwing hots around to other raid members won't benefit at all since Bacon doesn't affect overheals.
    ...obviously no end game raiding experience.

Name a major glyph you would take over the FoL glyph...other than HL glyph.

Glyph of Seal of Wisdom for 5% cheaper healing. Glyph of Seal of Light for 5% more healing done. There, I named two.

@ ^ Glyph of seal of wisdom/light: Decreases the mana cost of your heals or increases the amount healed by your heals. Possibly both.

The FoL glyph is pretty much useless...the only time I could see it being of ANY worth would be a fight with pure constant damage like Bloodboil or Felmyst. Anything else you're just taking a chance that your hots might be ticking assuming no one else is topping people off. Also...losing the ability to be able to spam FoL effectively is pretty ridiculous. With the crazy costs of HL and HS and the lack of paladin regen (yes, I realize paladin crit mechanics blablabla shut up), having your pretty much only useful heal heal for 50% less if you DO have to start spamming it is terrible. I'd rather be in control of who I heal and how much for rather than hope they aren't topped off by someone else making my "HoT" completely useless.

Edit: b37x beat me to it. -_-

i was under the impression that OP was talking about "live" - to my knowledge the glyphs you mentioned are not yet available.

"Live" only exists for about...34 more hours. And right now my paladin is only using the HL glyph...the other one is blank. This glyph is garbage...I'd rather use nothing.

Deleted

awful

Have you noticed that at lvl 70 raids are too easy and everything is tuned up for lvl 80? Mobs and bosses dies fastly and ppl dont lose clearly that much hp at lvl 70 than at lvl 80. In 80lvl raids raid member prolly will take much more damage and so beacon of light has great use, especially when u ad ur 12sec hot (i think its 12sec) every 1-1.5sec its good healing for the MT and for the raid. So imo its sounds extreamly good for lvl 80.

Its also good if everyone will take dmg slowly but steady (maybe something like Hex Lord's Spirit Bolts)

devil_bane

All bad? Hmmm... Soloing as Retribution.

As Holy this glyph SUCKS. Really really bad. Flash spam at 50% of heal effect is terrible. Prot? Yeah, no Prot Pally would touch this crap.

Retribution though...
    EVERY instant Flash you cast is a HoT. When it crits that 30-40% of the time, it is a DOUBLE HoT because both the Glyph and the Sheath land. As Ret you will never Flash Spam with any consistency.

For my Ret setup I love this Glyph. I still use a generic /assist key, so when Art of War pops up I can tap Assist, tap Flash, tap Assist, and hit judge/CS and be back to DPS in one smooth movement. If I am full HP, I use assist and stick a HoT or a DOUBLE HoT onto the tank. If I am not at full HP I hit myself with the Hot/2xHoT.

So, for anything but Ret this is trash. But as a Ret Pally it is useful in groups and AMAZING for Solo. Just sucks to have to figure out what other major glyph to drop to make space, because Ret has a few really solid Major Glyphs already.

@demaury
    As an end game raider surely you understand that Flash of Light spam is your bread and butter. Holy Light is a powerful tool, but one you cannot really afford to overuse. As such an experienced endgame raider, I am positive you understand that this glyph:
    Glyph of Flash of Light
    Your Flash of Light heals for 50% less initially, but also heals for 140% of its inital effect over 12 sec.

... this glyph makes your Flash of Light amazing once every 12 seconds and TOTAL CRAP every other time you cast it to the same target in those 12 seconds.
    If you are an endgame raid healer and you use this glyph for your Holy Build...
    you...
    suck.

I want a glyph like the rogues one "when sprint is up you gain waterwalking"

I want a glyph of avengening water "while avengening wrath is up you gain flying" =)

Quote Originally Posted by b37x
    Glyph of Seal of Wisdom for 5% cheaper healing. Glyph of Seal of Light for 5% more healing done. There, I named two.
    You can only have one seal active at any time. So, you can only get use out of one glyph at a time ???

Deleted

Quote Originally Posted by demaury
    ...obviously no end game raiding experience.

Name a major glyph you would take over the FoL glyph...other than HL glyph.
    http://www.wowhead.com/?item=41110 Glyph of Seal of Light.
    http://www.wowhead.com/?item=41109 Glyph of Seal of Wisdom.

Both are useful glyphs and you just change the seal depending on the situation. If it is a long fight you should use wisdom, and if it is damage-heavy fight use light.

Even http://www.wowhead.com/?item=41092 Glyph of Judgement is more useful than Glyph of FoL since atleast it helps you do your dailies a bit more efficiently.

Quote Originally Posted by trisian
    The glyph is cool because it stacks with Sheath of light. Watching the tank get 1000+ per tick is fun when you crit. Casting holy lights at 2.5 speed is not so fun. Not having holy shock sucks. I've healed as holy and Ret(with holy gear) in BT/sunwell with 1350+ healing and holy is far superior because you NEED those instants. Let the druids and priests do their jobs. Glyph = useless unless sheath was in the holy tree or shallow in the ret tree or they changed it to 80% intead of 50%.
    It actually makes your Sheath ticks smaller, so its not even good for that.
    (This signature was removed for violation of the Avatar & Signature Guidelines)

Quote Originally Posted by Chumpp
    @ ^ Glyph of seal of wisdom/light: Decreases the mana cost of your heals or increases the amount healed by your heals. Possibly both.

The FoL glyph is pretty much useless...the only time I could see it being of ANY worth would be a fight with pure constant damage like Bloodboil or Felmyst. Anything else you're just taking a chance that your hots might be ticking assuming no one else is topping people off. Also...losing the ability to be able to spam FoL effectively is pretty ridiculous. With the crazy costs of HL and HS and the lack of paladin regen (yes, I realize paladin crit mechanics blablabla shut up), having your pretty much only useful heal heal for 50% less if you DO have to start spamming it is terrible. I'd rather be in control of who I heal and how much for rather than hope they aren't topped off by someone else making my "HoT" completely useless.

Edit: b37x beat me to it. -_-
    I think this is actually a really good point, Like i said it seemed like it was really good in beta and im pretty much 100% sure it did tick on beacon BUT if it dosnt tick on beacon any more then its totally useless and i agree 100% with what you said here.

And who ever said in most raids no one takes damage but the MT is fuckin retarded lol. Im pretty sure even in kara the raid takes damage at some point LOL let alone once you get into BT and Sunwell.. people make stupid statements. but i guess holy shocks and the instant FoL's suffice for ease of spot healing in pretty much any situation.

The FoL glyph is just awful for raid healing. With priests spamming CoH, it ends up being a 50% nerf of your main spam heal. The HOT *never* ticks more than once or twice before the target is topped off by other healers, and often doesn't tick at all. At least, that's my experience in healing 25-mans.

If you're solo-healing a 5-man or are 1 of 2 healers in a 10-man, it might be more useful in that the HOT may actually pay off. But even so the 50% reduction in initial heal is more of a price than I want to pay.

It seems fairly useful if you're soloing ret, and maybe PvPers may like it. But if you're a serious raid healer, OMG, stay away.