Regarding JC'ing: Cost to lvl

So currently I'm a miner/weedpicker.
    I've been tempted to pick up JC'ing, but don't know which prof to drop for it.

Most importantly my decision comes down to this: ROUGHLY how much would I expect to powerlvl JC'ing to 350+?

Re: Regarding JC'ing: Cost to lvl

if your gonna drop either mining or herbing for JC, drop herbing if you dont have a farm alt.

All these new JC recipes from the dailys require 2 uncommon JC gems to complete the quest. IE: You're gonna have to be prospecting a crap ton of ore which will cost big initially if you dont have a miner.
    Beauty now spawns with only two pups in Heroic difficulty. Not to worry though, the missing pup has been adopted by a wonderful, if not insane family.

I'm glad that Blizzard cares about the little things...

Quote Originally Posted by Kavalir
    if your gonna drop either mining or herbing for JC, drop herbing if you dont have a farm alt.

All these new JC recipes from the dailys require 2 uncommon JC gems to complete the quest. IE: You're gonna have to be prospecting a crap ton of ore which will cost big initially if you dont have a miner.

my chosen main for wotlk is my shaman

eng and JC

i have 10k gold banked due to how much money im sure it will cost me to level those 2 professions unless i have time to level my alt druid that is a Miner

Quote Originally Posted by vayron

Most importantly my decision comes down to this: ROUGHLY how much would I expect to powerlvl JC'ing to 350+?
    Agree with previous replier. If this is your main and only toon, the decision is simple... JC + Mining... Herbing won't help you in the long run.

While herbing might get you money... the need to sell herbs then buy ore (and hope there's enough on the AH... and it isn't GROSSLY over priced) to level JC would be a bad choice in my opinion.

With Mining/JC you'd have the ability to mine for JC Skilling Up... then mine for money (Sell ore, Sell gems, Sell Dust from Prospecting, Etc).

The only thing that would change this decision... is if you have an alt that you can/will use for mining... then it might be smarter to keep herbing, but that would be the only time. And even then, I think it'd be better to stay mining/jc on that toon.
    [color=blue]This thread has lived beyond its life expectancy. ... It's also met the forum quota for posters insulting the intelligence of their peers to grasp the age-old upper hand in argumentation, I believe officially coined by Plato: "Ur, like, dumb and that's why I'm right." Zarhym

Quote Originally Posted by vayron

As people have previously mentioned, keep mining. I was rather fortunate as I was leveling mining from 1 - 375 so I kept all the ores, and didn't smelt a single one for skillups. Took me two days to get to 375. I mailed all my mined stuff to an alt and sent it all back when I picked up JC. Basically just for pure skillups, I had more than enough ore to get JC to 300. I had to still buy a few tid bits like vanilla WoW gems and some other random stuff and cost me around 100g all up. Getting 300+ was the easiest part IMO. Prospected all my ores, cut green gems, made a few rings, got to blue gems and had enough from prospecting. I was making frequent skill ups (one in 3) from cutting green recipes (green skill ups, not colour of gem) so it ended up ebing rather cheap. Not to mention from the point of cutting blue gems made me profit. Didn't touch a single epic gem until maxed out.