Paladin in Wotlk

Playing a lv70 Retri paladin, and going to lv him to 80, and then i need some help and ides.
    everything from Talent builds to info about seals.

1. Someone got or know about some good retri Pve/raid talent builds?
    2. Wich seals shal i use and when? SoC or SoM/SoB?
    3. Wich stat shal i go to make my judgements crit higher? they are around 1900-2300 now.

Yeah and one more thing, when i enter Northrend wich is the easyest starting place to begin with?

Thx for the help.

Re: Paladin in Wotlk

1.The forum is crawling with various speccs.
    2.SoC does the most DPS, so I would suggest you to go with that.
    3.Strength, its the only stat that matters, since str = ap = spell power.

Don't think it matters about the starting places, Blizzard just made two so the servers won't get crashed.

I was thinking of starting a thread exactly like this. I was going to word it differently though...

"How do I play a paladin? Please tell me exactly what to do, when and why? I don't want to experiment or learn anything for myself, gief big numbarz."

Quote Originally Posted by diobrando
    1.The forum is crawling with various speccs.
    3.Strength, its the only stat that matters, since str = ap = spell power.

Don't think it matters about the starting places, Blizzard just made two so the servers won't get crashed.
    SoC may deal more dmg at extemely high gear levels however for a green/blue geared ret pally SoB vastly out dps's SoC by 120-170 dps reguardless of whether soloing or in instances. I cant however in good conscious reccomend leveling/grinding with blood as you just take too much damage, and therefor you add excessive downtime (not good if your trying to level fast).

If you want to get the most out of your judgements make macros that roll Avenging Wrath, and your trinks into your normal attack rotation to make sure that they are always on cd. Strength will be his most important stat until ~ 78 where he will need to be regearing for hit until he hits cap.

Hit to cap > str > crit > haste > armor pen. The biggest reason why str is specifically so great is becasue on say a 10str gem your getting 23ap and ~7.25 spell power. There really isnt any class except rogues who benefit from a single stat like we do. (rogues being agility which is both crit, and ap for them).
    I don't know who you are. I don't know what you want. If you are looking for ransom, I can tell you I don't have money; but what I do have are a very particular set of skills, skills I've acquired over a very long career, skills that make me a nightmare for people like you. If you let my daughter go now that will be the end of it. I will not look for you, i will not pursue you but if you don't; I will look for you, I will find you, and I will kill you.

U want a pve talent spec? Put 5 points in divine strength in the protection tree and the rest in Ret. Make sure to get Vengeance, Seal of Light, Judgments of the Wise, Art of War, Crusader Strike, and Divine Storm. Everything else is up to you.

Quote Originally Posted by diobrando

SoC hmm.. SoM/SoB does the better DPS.

Well I suggest ya to go with martyr and if you do big pull and think ur life go down to fast switch with light for some sec and u'll be full and won't waste your mana on an Holy Light or if you are at 20% mana use wisdom and your mana will go up in 1-2 pull. It's actually what I do when i'm farmin. I never stop dps to drink.
    But if you want to take some drink break, just use martyr all the time that does insane dmg and high judgement.
    For your build, I'm full ret + gettin the 5pts to improve the strengh. You can check different build posted on the forum but they all look like same :P

Quote Originally Posted by Chumpp
    I was thinking of starting a thread exactly like this. I was going to word it differently though...

"How do I play a paladin? Please tell me exactly what to do, when and why? I don't want to experiment or learn anything for myself, gief big numbarz."
    I was going to say exactly the same...

There are several threads explaining different aspects of all three specs. Do a bit of reading.

take divine strength from prot then put the rest in ret. As long as you dont have downs you will probably come up with a decent spec. PS: get crusader strike and divine storm.

edit: there are some talents that are obviously for pvp like eye for an eye and vindication. Dont take those, just take the ones....that help dps....its really simple to spec.
    Check out my Ret Paladin YouTube channel: https://www.youtube.com/c/VarabenGaming

#RETPRESENT

On single mobs i use SOC cause i have the 200str badge (or is it ap) libram. If there is more than one mob then SOB is far far better. Not sure if everyone knows but corruption and blood hit multiple mobs on divine storm, command doesn't. (anyway i am pretty sure that is how it works).

Just wow, people fail. Hold my hand.

1) I will say, you dont play a Ret Paladin. YOU play a Paladin. A Ret Paladin would already know this stuff.
    2) Go back to you other main spec, this field is getting crowded anyways.
    3) Like everyone else has said in this thread, why post a new topic when there are 3,567,256 other threads asking the same thing AND have been answered to.
    4) For the person that stated that the did not think that SoC procs off of DS, I does, but still has a CHANCE to proc on each hit. SoB/M procs on EVERY hit.

5) SoB/M is the DPS Seal, SoC is the Burst Seal for PvP (this however is still in debate after the nurfs), SoV is for THREAT.
    6) Hit Rating to cap > Strength > Agility > Crit > AP > ArmorPen > Expertise > SP > Int
    7) Make integent desicions on selecting your talents. Learn other classes for synergy.
    8) Rotation is Cast SoV - DS - CS - Judge. If cool downs overlap the rule is Judgment > DS > CS. If boss is less then 20% its Judgment > Hammer > DS > CS
    9) Find the highest min-MAX weapon damage avaliable, CS, DS, SoC and SoB/M are based on wepaon damage.

LoL and using SoC just because you have the Badge Libram is just FAIL. J/SoB/M is 2-300 dps more then SoC

FYI never seen a SoC hit for 10K yet SoB/M has... thats a big amount of mana returned.

Here is your lvl 70 build (since I am still holding your hand)
    http://talent.mmo-champion.com/?pala...00000000000000
    Here is your lvl 80 build

and if you did not understand anything that I have written this is your build
    I don't heal STUPID, Stupid SHOULD HURT!
    Syntyche - Disc Priest

Quote Originally Posted by Apostolic

6) Hit Rating to cap > Strength > Agility > Crit > AP > ArmorPen > Expertise > SP > Int
    Wrong. Hit to Cap>Str>CritRating>Haste>ArmorPen

Agility is a secondary stat you will pick up while getting hit items and the same goes for ap.
    The crit from agi also doesnt affect Splcrit where as crit rating does.

Quote Originally Posted by Ragnarokzero
    Wrong. Hit to Cap>Str>CritRating>Haste>ArmorPen

Agility is a secondary stat you will pick up while getting hit items and the same goes for ap.
    The crit from agi also doesnt affect Splcrit where as crit rating does.
    Yeah you are correct. In my rant I left that out. >.<
    I don't heal STUPID, Stupid SHOULD HURT!
    Syntyche - Disc Priest