Page 1 of 8
... LastLast

WotLK Account upgrade, Blue posts

Update 14:30 CEST - Armor Sets & Season 5 Gear
    Season 5 Armor Sets & Weapons page now online
    Tier 7 Armor Sets page now online

US realms
    We will be performing an urgent maintenance on all realms beginning at 4:00 AM PST. We anticipate no more than three hours of downtime. This maintenance is designed to correct a very recent issue where players were able to obtain certain PvP items without paying the intended price.

Once the maintenance concludes, players who obtained such items will notice them removed from their inventory. However. any tokens or arena/honor points spent on said gear will be appropriately refunded.

Originally Posted by Zarhym (Blue Tracker)
    We wanted to inform our players regarding today’s extended maintenance. We experienced an error that resulted in players being unable to retrieve in-game mail from the last 15 days. Once the error was discovered, we brought down the realms immediately and began working to address this problem, and have been doing so for the duration of the day. Our decision was to enable players to continue playing World of Warcraft before the opening of Wrath of the Lich King. Work would continue on addressing issues with the in-game mail while the realms were up. This is the plan that is currently in motion.

The process from this point forward will be twofold:

1. All items that were in a mail will be sent to characters in one or more messages depending on the amount of items the character had in the mail system.
    2. Gold from auction house sales or sent through mail will be sent in a separate mail.

We are working to resolve this issue, and we will keep our players informed throughout this process. In the meantime, please do not create an in-game ticket or contact phone support for this issue – multiple mails will be sent returning your items and gold automatically. We greatly appreciate your patience during this time.
    ------------------------------------------

HTML Code:
    <script src="http://www.wowhead.com/widgets/power.js"></script>
    Wrath of the Lich King - Account upgrade & US Client now available
    According to a few mails I got, the EU account upgrade is now available and players can start upgrading their account for Wrath of the Lich King.

After succesfully upgrading your account, it will change into a "Undefined Account type" but considering that the link is directly from the WotLK installer ... We can assume it works. The page will probably be available for US players shortly, maybe after the maintenance ? (Note how I used "maybe" and "probably")

Update - It seems that after a short while the account update status will change to reflect that you have indeed upgraded to a WotLK account.
    Update #2 - Available for US servers too !
    Update #3 - It also looks like the US Downloader for Wrath of the Lich King is available.

US - Free Character Moves to New Realm! 11/10
    Originally Posted by Bornakk (Blue Tracker)
    , Fizzcrank, to assist in population dispersal. The ability to move a character on the selected source realms will become available starting on Monday, November 10 at 12:00PM PST, and is scheduled to run until Monday, November 24 at 12:00PM PST.

In the event that these realms meet our transfer goals before the scheduled end date, the transfers to that realm will be disabled. We highly recommend that if you are planning to transfer that you do so at your earliest convenience. No characters will be eligible for these free moves once the transfers have been closed.

Once the transfers open you can begin your transfer by visiting the Character Move page located here: https://www.worldofwarcraft.com/account/character-move.html

We will continue to evaluate realms and add more free character moves as we feel they are needed.

Source A (PvE) - Aggramar, Alexstrasza, Arygos, Blackhand
    Destination A (PvE) - Fizzcrank

Blue posts
    That's probably the last batch of blue posts on the homepage before the release of WotLK the blue tracker will be your new friend for the upcoming days.
    Originally Posted by Blizzard Entertainment
    US Extended Maintenance 11/11 *Updated*
    We are continuing to address the issues with players being unable to access their in-game mail. The process will run for several more hours, and we will provide another update on when the servers will be playable within the next 2 hours. Thank you for your patience. (Source)

11/10/08 - Hotfix - Not In My House
    Today we hotfixed the "Not In My House" achievement to only require 2 kills rather than 10. The user interface will still display that 10 kills are required but the achievement will complete once 2 kills occur.

After a client patch, the user interface will be corrected.

Crafters personal buffs
    All crafters have their personal buffs too. Like ring enchants for enchanters or the unique shoulder enchants for those with inscription. They all have a special buff whether it's a crafting or gathering profession. (Source)

Tier 7 Armor Tokens
    Yes one of the tokens has 4 classes and two of the tokens have 3. However the tokens with 3 classes have a 30% drop rate and the token with 4 has a 40% drop rate. (Source)

BoP crafted items
    It's entirely likely that there will be more BoP crafted items. What there won't be is "I have to be a crafter for item X because it's the best thing ever!" items. (Source)

WotLK Upgrade on multiple accounts
    For each account that you want to access the new content like Northrend, each one will need to be upgraded with its own unique key code. (Source)

Is it thursday yet ??
    I just wanted to pop into this thread briefly to inform everyone that we are still working hard on Thursday and are making good progress, though it is still not Thursday as of yet. (Source)

Re: WotLK Account upgrade, Blue posts

After a short while the account update status will change to reflect that you have indeed upgraded to a WOTL account. Now to wait and see if we can actually access the new content when servers are back..

Well, the 4/3/3 can be understandable with the DK now around, but despite them having the drop rate at 40/30/30, I can still see moments where 3 of the same drop, and some ppl will rarely see their own tokens. RNG, how I hate thee.

And at least the time and money put into certain professions won't see wasted now. While we may never have things like the FSW power again, it's still nice there will be some things.
    If you set a man a flame, you keep him warm for a day. If you set a man aflame, you keep him warm for the rest of his life.

Water is Life

I still love Blizzard and know they have a "rough" job to run this shit.. but man, they've been taking a lot of damage lately..
    ,-{$$}
    ,-{QQ}
    \)___ :'(
    ) >> \\
    ^- Us.
    ^- Blizz.

OK I hope I'm very wrong about this but are you telling us that ppl will be able to start in to the new content right now? If they have a Key? Kind of gives some ppl an advantage does it not? So much for server 1st and such. :-\

WTB Thursday

In Ontario it would be Tuesday Nov 11 7:41pm if I remember it right Wotlk is not out at best for another ((GMT +13) 8:41am Nuka'alofa time) 15 Hrs 19mins and thats in Nuka'alofa lol where ever that is. So how are ppl able to already have a key?

Quote Originally Posted by Clearcast-Silvermoon
    OK I hope I'm very wrong about this but are you telling us that ppl will be able to start in to the new content right now? If they have a Key? Kind of gives some ppl an advantage does it not? So much for server 1st and such. :-\
    How can people start new content when theres no boats to get to northrend (or zeps)

Saying that, i upgraded my account 4 hours ago and still have account unknown. Hopefully fixed soon.

Super awesome to the max. Saves me time doing the midnight launch thing. Especially since at the TBC midnight launch at my nearest Gamestop, people had to start a whole "Horde vs. Alliance" debate.

booo i can only get to the upgrade part as if i had the cd key no download or upgrade via cc yet

How the heck did you guys get wotlk keys?

"You mean... content I haven't purchased or downloaded will magically appear on my hard drive by virtue of upgrading my account?"

"Why, yes, Jimmy. That's right."

"But... won't that create an unfair advantage...?"

"Yes, Jimmy. Yes indeed. People you don't know on servers you have never heard of gaining early access to new content will cause the fabric of reality to unravel, and we will all perish in a cataclysm. But, we have no choice but to act according to the prophecy. We appreciate your bringing this matter to the attention of Blizzard Customer Support."

---

Seriously though: Your account and your software are not the same things, and there is no conceivable way for anyone to gain any kind of tangible advantage by playing the new content earlier.

Quote Originally Posted by Engerz
    Super awesome to the max. Saves me time doing the midnight launch thing. Especially since at the TBC midnight launch at my nearest Gamestop, people had to start a whole "Horde vs. Alliance" debate.
    We've got Thrall's Grandmother. PERIOD.

PS Where's my game dude?
    ,-{$$}
    ,-{QQ}
    ) >> \\
    ^- Us.
    ^- Blizz.

Quote Originally Posted by cpeaches
    "You mean... content I haven't purchased or downloaded will magically appear on my hard drive by virtue of upgrading my account?"

"Why, yes, Jimmy. That's right."

"But... won't that create an unfair advantage...?"

"Yes, Jimmy. Yes indeed. People you don't know on servers you have never heard of gaining early access to new content will cause the fabric of reality to unravel, and we will all perish in a cataclysm. But, we have no choice but to act according to the prophecy. We appreciate your bringing this matter to the attention of Blizzard Customer Support."

---

Seriously though: Your account and your software are not the same things, and there is no conceivable way for anyone to gain any kind of tangible advantage by playing the new content earlier.
    The point is, why do most of us have to go and wait in line until midnight to get our copies, when some people obviously already have theirs?

Quote Originally Posted by Clearcast-Silvermoon
    Yes and no.

To quote the loggon screen:
    This Wednesday there will be a scheduled maintenance. Please note that all European realms will be offline from 05.00 until 11:00. Paris time (CET).
    So no-one's going anywhere until the servers are back up.

As for "where did people get their WotLK keys?", some people pre-ordered and happened to get theirs a day early. Some work in shops and so got theirs early.

Quote Originally Posted by smac
    The point is, why do most of us have to go and wait in line until midnight to get our copies, when some people obviously already have theirs?
    Order online from the right place and live in America, or just live somewhere in America where the 7-11(/any game store) employees CAN'T FOLLOW INSTRUCTIONS. Or don't care ;-) If you worked at a place and could take yours home, you'd do it!

That's the taste of FREEDOM, baby!
    ,-{$$}
    ,-{QQ}
    ) >> \\
    ^- Us.
    ^- Blizz.

Never even thought of the pre-order stuff, but I guess being the mail system and all cant realy say much about that

Anyone hear anything new about online purchase and download?

Quote Originally Posted by Rubin
    Anyone hear anything new about online purchase and download?
    BUMP ANYONE?

Last I heard ze Germans said yes, then America unleashed s'more freedom on them and said sprachen ze not at launch..
    ,-{$$}
    ,-{QQ}
    ) >> \\
    ^- Us.
    ^- Blizz.