Crit Rating with full S5 gear?

Im doing some research into goin disc for Wrath arenas. And im curious to see how much +crit the S5 gear will give us at 80. Does anyone know of a spreadsheet or played on beta that could say how much we would have? 20% crit? 25%? Would be nice to know what to expect and how to spec and gem for it. Thanks

Re: Crit Rating with full S5 gear?

I do not know how much crit the S5 gear gives you, but I do know that you will have to go for the DPS gear. The healing gear has spirit, and the dps gear has crit. Everything else is exactly the same.

For a Warrior...

Savage gear with the honor items gave around 30% to crit, so figure 20% more than that for S5 (10% more for S4). Roughly 36% or so. Probably tack on 1 or 2% to stack crit on gems.
    http://www.wowarmory.com/character-sheet.xml?r=lightbringer&n=neggs
    http://www.neutralizedguild.com

Quote Originally Posted by HotSorceress
    I do not know how much crit the S5 gear gives you, but I do know that you will have to go for the DPS gear. The healing gear has spirit, and the dps gear has crit. Everything else is exactly the same.
    Isn't there like wasted Hit on the dps gear too, though?
    ~Former Priest/Guild Wars 2 Moderator~
    Now TESTING: ArcheAge (Alpha)
    Now PLAYING: MonoRed Burn (MtG Standard)
    Twitter: @KelestiMMO come say hi!
    ~When you speak, I hear silence. Every word a defiance~

The only difference in S5 healing gear and S5 dps gear is one stat allocation. The healing set has points allocated towards spirit, while dps has it allocated towards crit, in a 1:1 value, across the whole set.

What I find most disappointing in this is that shadow priests gain little real value from spirit, so this is fine for them, but disc priests have huge value in crit while still needing some spirit (at least shadow priests guarantee their own replenishment, have dispersion, and reduced CD on shadowfiend).

Yes, we could mix and match a few pieces in order to get a pretty nice balance between the 2 stats along w/ 2 of the 2pc bonuses (extra 50 resilience), but unless we swing 4 pieces into one set we lose the 4pc bonus of the reduced weakened soul debuff, which is absolutely huge for a disc priest.

So the question will become, do we go for better regen and gimp our effective healing by losing most of our crit, or push much more effective healing at the expense of regen? The answer may simply depend on whether you're looking to compete more effectively in 2v2 / 3v3 where matches are more prolonged (choose regen), or 5v5 where max HPS / survival > mana regen (choose crit).

I just wish Blizzard would retool at least one piece of the S5 healing gear to provide crit. This would allow us to get 4pc healing and 1pc dps to retain the 4pc bonus and still have some meaningful amount of crit (aside from what we can scramble for in other slots).

Lethal, Thunderhorn-US
    (US #1 2-night guild WoD)
    Tues/Thurs 7-11pm CT
    EN 7/7 Heroic

Quote Originally Posted by Kelesti
    A little off topic, but Hit is good for Holy/Disc spec in PvP for Mana Burn, Dispells, etc..

Quote Originally Posted by Kelesti
    No, there is no hit rating on any of the S5 armor items. The only differentiator is Spirit vs Crit.

Hit will be helpful for both DPS and offensive healers. DPS will get it mostly from talents, the balance from weapon / other slots. Healers may receive some from debuffs applied by dps (depending on makeup), but would be advised to seek some from other slots and/or enchants to aid their offensive moves such as dispels, mana burns.

Lethal, Thunderhorn-US
    (US #1 2-night guild WoD)
    Tues/Thurs 7-11pm CT
    EN 7/7 Heroic