Tank Professions

It might have been talked about already but which two professions will give the most +stam/health

15+ Year Old Account

Re: Tank Professions

I think Blacksmithing is the way to go. That and mining. I believe they both reward extra stamina for taking them up.

Mining gives you +300 hp at 70, think its 500 on lvl 80, something to think about

Blacksmiths can add atleast 2 extra sockets to their gear; 1 socket to gloves and 1 socket to bracers, and mining will give you 500hp extra when you max it at 80.

Been some posts about blacksmithing getting and extra metagem (armorsmith) or sockets on weapon (weaponsmith), haven´t seen any proof posted on this though.

My tank is miner+blacksmith and will stay that when jumping into Northrend!

I think BS/JC will be the way to go, just make sure you have another high level char with mining.
    BS will get extra sockets and JC will give you 3 gems that are far superior to normal ones.

Koumaru

Enchanting will give you an additional 48 stamina between two rings.

Leatherworking gives you 90 stamina to bracers, and though I haven't been able to confirm the magnitude of the "BoE" stamina enchant for that same slot, I keep hearing that it's 25 (though from an item-budget standpoint, it should be more like 37).

Those two professions combined give you 113 bonus stamina. Beats the hell out of mining. On my bear druid, that works out to 1,790 additional health without Blessing of Kings. Gives me a lot of room to stack avoidance stats while still coming out ahead on health.

If you really want to go all out on self-only health bonuses, however, take blacksmithing and leatherworking. I'm just going with enchanting over blacksmithing because my druid is already a 375/375 ench/LW with all of the epic recipes.

I plan on going mining/BS with my DK tank as the extra sockets will let me get the defense I need easier and mining as I don't have a high level miner anymore from when my lock switched to tailoring. The extra health doesn't hurt either.

Blacksmithing + Leatherworking = largest HP bonus for tanks (2 additional +30 Stam gems and the +90 Stam wrist enchant).
    Signature removed. Please read our guidelines. Venara

15+ Year Old Account

I'm not leveling professions anymore. Time/money sinks make this game too monotonous.

Koumaru

WoW ... is ... a time and money sink.

If you get paid to play it, I want your job. ;D

Quote Originally Posted by Koumaru
    WoW ... is ... a time and money sink.

If you get paid to play it, I want your job. ;D
    Believe me you dont, once something is like your job you are starting to hate it and eventually you ll lose any good feelings from playing WoW

Quote Originally Posted by Rilgon
    Blacksmithing + Leatherworking = largest HP bonus for tanks (2 additional +30 Stam gems and the +90 Stam wrist enchant).
    This is true but personally, I find being able to do something other than stack stam an advantage.

High Overlord
    15+ Year Old Account

I went mining and JC on my Death knight (which will be a tank end game) last night, already power leveled them up to 300 (and now rising since i'm in Hellfire)

Free HP from mining and JC gives you amazing BoP gems that can be socketed for anything you want. There's also some BoP stuff for JCs other then gems like trinkets, and hopefully later on they'll be more.
    Count Off! 1! 1! 1! 1! 1! 1! 1! 1!