Frost Mage/Frost DK/Pally 3v3

My friend is an extremely experienced frost mage in arena, and I am looking to get involved once I level my DK to 80. I plan to go unholy for leveling, but the frost tree just looks fun as hell to me, and I can see a ton of synergy between frost Mage and frost DK. I realize that most of the abilities don't actually proc each other (i.e., Mages don't get Shatter crits off most DK abilities), but I think the entire concept of basically silencing/kiting the other team to death sounds pretty fun.

However, said Mage has a 2v2 team with a rogue that has done well and would rather play 3v3 with me than replace his rogue (understandably). That said, I have a friend who recently rerolled from a Belf Pally on another server to a human Pally on mine because his previous server was underpopulated. He is in the process of leveling at the moment, but I want to see a discussion on what spec the Pally should go, what kind of strategies and specific talent specs we should use as a team, and if this team is even viable.

I see holy as probably being the best bet for this group, as 3v3 basically demands a healer, but I'm curious whether DPS viability would demand he go ret, seeing as frost DK (from what I hear) doesn't put out an incredible amount of DPS. I am unsure whether Frost/Blood would allow me to pick up some survivability/healing talents in order to stay alive without a dedicated healer, but I am curious if the pally's Divine Storm/instant FoLs, combined with my Lichborne, Anti-Magic Shield, and etc., would be enough to keep me alive long enough to help the mage stay untouched by any melee and get healers down.

Those of you with more experience in arena can probably tell me: I know that if my paladin ran in wearing healing gear, he'd be targeted first, until the bubble, at which point they'd probably target the mage before returning to the pally once bubble fades (assuming no dispel). However, if he ran in swinging a two-hander, which of us is likely to become the main target? My instinct would say the mage as he would go down fastest, but I'm not entirely sure.

Any input on specific specs, strategies, and viability would be welcome. Flaming that I'm an idiot with no arena experience will not. I already know that.

-Seraph

Re: Frost Mage/Frost DK/Pally 3v3

Bump? Was I too wall-of-texty? :-\

If you're going to have a frost mage as your other dps, and a healing paladin, then you should go unholy for the 13% magic damage debuff.

My 2's team will most likely be resto/boomkin (hybrid spec) druid and my unholy dk.

As far as who gets focused first, frost mage and dk have insane survivability especially if you spec correctly (rune tap, bone armor, anti-magic shield glyph) so regardless of spec i would think the paladin gets focused first because all they have is bubble and then they are extremely vulnerable.

Hi,

I am playing 3s with my friend as Frost Mage/Unholy DK(with amz)/Holy Pally.

I don't say we are good players, we are just friends in real life trying to get some PvP going. Unexpectedly we hit 1901. You can check out our team on my paladin, Xpal-Barthilas. I tried to prot heal it, although my FoL heals alot but no instant healing killed us. We went 0-4 and after respecing back to holy we win 9 games in a row.

Most team did not go for me first, they hit my mage first. I don't know why choose a Frost mage as ur target since they can IB twice.

A very good strat is to catch their healer in open spot, pop my aura mastery and bop the mage, and DK get his gargoyle out + a HoJ from me followed by a silenced from DK and Mage. If your paladin did not die, you win the game. But that's for <2000 rating teams.

Would like to hear comment from higher rated teams