The dependance of Enchanters on Scribes

I'm not normally one to QQ, but am I the only person who is bothered that we need Scribes to make distributable enchants? Does any other profession rely that heavily on another profession? (well, crafting professions, that is. I know that gathering professions are relied upon as that is their nature)

I have lots of enchanting mats, a few really good enchants, and several alts. I'd just like to be able to send my alts enchants in the mail or put some up in the guild bank.

However, we cannot do that unless we buy vellums from Scribes, and on my realm those aren't going all that cheap on the AH. maybe in time the prices will settle, but I really don't like being that dependant on another crafting profession.

Re: The dependance of Enchanters on Scribes

Quote Originally Posted by bloodwine77
    I'm not normally one to QQ, but am I the only person who is bothered that we need Scribes to make distributable enchants? Does any other profession rely that heavily on another profession? (well, crafting professions, that is. I know that gathering professions are relied upon as that is their nature)

I have lots of enchanting mats, a few really good enchants, and several alts. I'd just like to be able to send my alts enchants in the mail or put some up in the guild bank.

However, we cannot do that unless we buy vellums from Scribes, and on my realm those aren't going all that cheap on the AH. maybe in time the prices will settle, but I really don't like being that dependant on another crafting profession.
    For guild bank, guildies can make em, for alts, an alt has to level inscrip, for selling normally feel free to spam trade.....

I think it was a nice touch - helps you both make money from your proffesion without the enchanter sitting spamming /2 for hours.

Quote Originally Posted by Anthara
    that's where the whole MMO thing comes into play
    Yes, I understand it is not a solo game. They should just go all out and make all the professions interdependant, then, if that's their goal. You occasionally saw that in a handful of patterns (certain tailoring recipies required enchanted mats, a couple leatherworking patterns requiring blacksmithed parts, even enchanting rods requiring the rods), but this adds a middle man to a lot of potential enchanting commerce and usage.

If it means that much to you, drop your other profession and pick up Inscription. Or do like everyone else said and have an alt level inscription... it's not like you're locked out from making Veliums just because you're an enchanter.

15+ Year Old Account

Quote Originally Posted by Anthara
    that's where the whole MMO thing comes into play

This. In BC depending on your Shat Rep choice Blacksmithing relied heavily on Enchanting mats to level dpending on the patterns you used.

Quote Originally Posted by bloodwine77

You can always sell your enchants in trade chat like you did in TBC.

There are a couple professions that have depending on other gathering prof or crafting profs to level up or to craft as well... iirc there are some leather components of some tailored and engineering gear, there are some leatherworked gear that requires threads made by tailors, etc.

Alchemy - Relies on Herbalism, Mining, Engineering
    Blacksmithing - Relies on Alchemy, Mining, Skinning, Herbalism, Leatherworking, Enchanting
    Engineering - Relies on Alchemy, Mining, Skinning, Herbalism, Leatherworking, Tailoring, Jewelcrafting, Enchanting
    Jewelcrafting - Relies on Mining, Alchemy, Enchanting, Herbalism
    Leatherworking - Relies on Skinning, Tailoring, Alchemy, Herbalism, Blacksmithing, Enchanting
    Tailoring - Relies on Skinning, Herbalism, Blacksmithing, Enchanting, Alchemy

Enchanting - Relies on Blacksmithing...now Inscription. Seems more balanced now than anything else...

The only caveat being that Inscription is the only self-reliant profession beyond needing Herbalism. I imagine this will change as things progress in the expansion.

You are not dependant on inscription to level your skill, nor sell your goods. If anything you are dependant on inscription to make selling your goods easier on you...which is how it should be imo.

No one is stopping you from spamming trade like the old days...but at the same time if you don't want to do that there is now a reasonable alternative.

Oh and I'm glad scribes are ripping people off for vellums...lord knows enchanters deserve it...25g "tip" for an enchant that you can't even farm solo? (mongoose, executioner, surefooted, soulfrost, and sunfire) I realize that 25g isn't much nowadays...but for one it's a "tip" and on the otherhand almost all other professions got stuck with BoP epics and BoE epics that are crap compared to Kara gear so it's not like anyone else gets to make 400g by spamming trade for a couple hours.

I'm LW/Skin on my shaman and Mine/Engy on my paladin...ask me how much money I have made from "tips"...

befriend a scribe, problem solved. I hand out my velums for free to guildie chanters, since they always do my chants when I needs em.
    "Remember, remember the 6th of July.
    The Real ID treason and Plot.
    I see no reason why the Real ID Treason
    Should ever be forgot."

How much Gold did you make by selling greens that you got from quests or kills that we destroy to lvl it? Im not saying LW was easy I have a buddie that I helped out a ton with it. But its not the same thing. We loose a ton of gold to lvl itand the enchants that are not found in kara took hours to farm or hundreds-thousands of gold to buy from the AH.

Disenchanting quest rewards gets you filthy rich, so you can afford it. If not then get a herbalism alt and get the materials for someone to make you vellum.

Most other professions require basic materials that someone else has to make. Leatherworking and engineering both require bolts of cloth made by tailors. Tailoring requires blacksmith-made belt buckles. Engineering and blacksmithing requires heavy leather made by a leatherworker. Certain blacksmithing, engineering, and leatherworking patterns require whole items made by other professions as materials. Jewelcrafters need alchemists. And that's on top of materials required from other gathering skills than the one related to your profession. Alchemists and tailors need mining. Leatherworkers need herbalism. Blacksmiths and tailors need skinning. Pretty much everyone requires disenchanting at some point.
    Diplomacy is just war by other means.

Tons of options:

make and alt and make em Herb/Insc... preferably a druid (Flight Form + Herbing = nirvana). Other toons do, but not as awesome as a druid.
    Or
    Make a friend, buy for cheap or get for free via trades. Also helps when getting a supply of greens for DE.
    Or
    Suck it up and buy it off the AH... add to cost of enchants
    Or
    Don't use em? They aren't required. You can sell your services on the Trade Channel.

[color=blue]This thread has lived beyond its life expectancy. ... It's also met the forum quota for posters insulting the intelligence of their peers to grasp the age-old upper hand in argumentation, I believe officially coined by Plato: "Ur, like, dumb and that's why I'm right." Zarhym

I love how they set it up, one alt is my inscription toon and i make vellums for my other alt who does enchanting works very well for me !! XD
    Some people are like Slinkies
    Not really good for anything
    But they still bring a smile to your face
    When you push them down a flight of stairs.