Warlock lvl80 PvP/Arena gear

Hi Guys,
    I just have a question regarding the pvp/arena gear at 80. I just had a look at the hateful and deadly gladiator gear, and what somehow shocked me is the fact that there is NO spirit in the gear - I thought Locks supposed to have spirit now -
    and another thing that i found weird is the fact that it has less armor that the s2 gear.
    Maybe I am missing something, can someone plz tell why is it this way?

Re: Warlock lvl80 PvP/Arena gear

Quote Originally Posted by Xeonor
    Hi Guys,
    I just have a question regarding the pvp/arena gear at 80. I just had a look at the hateful and deadly gladiator gear, and what somehow shocked me is the fact that there is NO spirit in the gear - I thought Locks supposed to have spirit now -
    and another thing that i found weird is the fact that it has less armor that the s2 gear.
    Maybe I am missing something, can someone plz tell why is it this way?
    You don't need spirit in pvp.

Armor wise, not sure about that but with equivalent gears (hateful vs. hateful), warlocks tear all melee classes up including ret pallies at level 80.

Quote Originally Posted by azneagle

Armor wise, not sure about that but with equivalent gears (hateful vs. hateful), warlocks tear all melee classes up including ret pallies at level 80.
    You get a damage bonus from Spirit & Fel Armor. I am wondering why it has not haste either. bah!

hmm the pve sets don't have resilience

so strange
    the pve sets don't have pvp stats
    and the pvp sets don't have pve stats

how extraordinary

Quote Originally Posted by sahria
    hmm the pve sets don't have resilience

so strange
    the pve sets don't have pvp stats
    and the pvp sets don't have pve stats

how extraordinary
    the priest's healing set has spirit on it ^^ but i think the warlocks set doesnt need any spirit. i mean (for us) its the same as spell damage and i think that blizz knows what it does ^^ if you need spirit, take the non-set healing epics.
    Black is what darkness looks like.

Well for PvP, LifeTap has become quite an expensive trick. It only scales with Spirit, which you won't get. Plenty of locks have been angry about this.

Quote Originally Posted by p0rkjello
    You get a damage bonus from Spirit & Fel Armor. I am wondering why it has not haste either. bah!
    Dunno if you'll be running with FEL Armor, m8. For pvp (especially if you're in combo with a healer) you Demon Armor (if that's the correct name, I'm playing on russian bg so might have misspelled it somehow). It gives you +heal effects and +armor - both are pvp must_have

If our pvp gear isn't going to get spirit then lifetap needs to go back to scaling with spell damage.

The loss of armor is just insane. Sure, melee gear doesn't have armor pen but they still gain dps overall upgrading from level 70 S4 to level 80 S5. Clothies actually LOSE armor "upgrading".

any source of this?

Quote Originally Posted by bored059
    any source of this?
    just his ass.

the beta warlock forums were full of not only warlocks, but dozens to hundreds of other posters from *other classes* saying we were pretty much free HK's at 80 in PvP.

your post should have a warning at the end "attention someone with no clue has just posted"

warlocks tear all melee classes? I think you just suck...

a quick review of your latest post just confirms it... plz stop posting, get a clue first

While I'm the first to agree anyone who thinks we'll "tear melee up" is a fool....ret pallies were the least of my worries even during their god mode times at 70. Now that I'm 80 I've not faced one but I don't see much has changed. 1v1 they were the easiest melee for me to handle. They had no intercept, shadowstep, and few escapes to my fears. IF they caught me due to a rogue warrior locking me down I was toast but the rogue/warrior responsible usually had that ensured already but since I was one of the few to kill the ret pally I'm sure they wanted revenge.

I'm waaay more concered about rogues, warriors, DK's, hunters, and mages.... I see my pet as an easy kill (twice) then I might as well type /dance. Honestly...why must our survival be based on our pets and our pets so squishy in pvp? Do they do meaningful dmg compared to their master or their target? NO, they are basically tactical skill bots. Succy's seduce, felhunters nuff said, VW pulls a rogue out of stealth nearby and is a oh **** shield. FG is the only one that thinks about dmg but has no magical protection, is easily cc'd, and doesn't do enough burst to put pressure on a healer. The imp is truly the most worthless pet in pvp.

70 PVP ended up the world of melee craft. Mages got huge buffs but I don't see us catching up by any stretch. I see some minor hope in pve but PVP still has me very apprehensive. Have to test it to know more. Blizz better be FAST as far as fixes go...if they let half the season go by w' a huge imbalance we might as well forget about PVP in wotlk as the gear defeceit will be near impossible to overcome. They'd never overbuff us and not like they can welfare us into what was lost....

User has been banned permanently for trolling.

Quote Originally Posted by DurpaDurpa
    Fel Armor is a PvE armor. Demon Armor is a PvP armor.

When in arena are you not getting healed either through a healer or your spells? When in arena are you not getting stomped on by melee?
    fel armor is the armor to use in a double dps combo, although i doubt we will see many of those with locks tbh

Quote Originally Posted by DurpaDurpa
    Fel Armor is a PvE armor. Demon Armor is a PvP armor.

When in arena are you not getting healed either through a healer or your spells? When in arena are you not getting stomped on by melee?
    the reason i dont see it mattering is because Demon Armor provides a relatively infintesimal ammount of armor and lowers your DPS by enough to make Fel Armor attractive anyway. I may not get the bonus 20% incoming healing, but neither am i nerfing myself by 15% of my dps.

We already have the lowest DPS in PvP; the Demon Armor/Fel Armor change just makes it even more stupid. We're the only class that has to *deliberately* do less damage in PvP. Rogues/Warriors/etc may do less in PvP gear because of stat allocation, but we're the only ones that do less both because of that AND because they want us to choose to do even less damage.

Thats just retarded.

Its seriously like expecing rogues to sack AP and crit to stack Dodge in PvP.

its assininely stupid.