Getting to Dalaran the first time...

Ok, I wasn't really paying that much attention in the beta about this, but does anyone know if you still have to wait until lvl 74 before you get the 'Go to Dalaran' quest which then means you can use the transporter to get there?

Or have they made it so that if you do a suicide run at lvl 70 into Crystalsong Forest, you can use the teleporter there at that level?

I can see a lot of people asking in General Chat 'How do I get to Dalaran?' this weekend...maybe time for macro...

Re: Getting to Dalaran the first time...

Dunno I waited until I got the quest, but I bet the "lf mage for port to dalaran" requests in general chat will seem makro generated, too.
    *dumdidum*

There's a camp of Kirin Tor-npc's in Crystalsong Forest who have a teleporting crystal near there.

Quote Originally Posted by Ouhz
    Dunno I waited until I got the quest, but I bet the "lf mage for port to dalaran" requests in general chat will seem makro generated, too.
    When I get the portal, I assume that this will be as profitable as any profession, lol. I get asked everytime I am in Org, 5G a portal.
    "Peace is a lie"

From http://www.wowwiki.com/Dalaran

There are several ways to get to Dalaran:

Mages can talk to NPCs in Dragonblight and learn to teleport to Dalaran after completing [73] Attunement to Dalaran available at level 71.

Mages can learn a portal to Dalaran at 74 from the portal trainer. This allows anyone to get to Dalaran

Anyone who is at least level 74 can complete [74] The Magical Kingdom of Dalaran from any of several members of the Kirin Tor, which will portal them to Dalaran once.

Once in Dalaran (via the quest at 74 or via a Mage portal or a Warlock summon), [74] Learning to Leave and Return: the Magical Way can be obtained (provided you're at least level 70) which "attunes" you to Dalaran, and you can return any time via the Teleport to Dalaran Crystal from Crystalsong Forest.

Someone already in Dalaran can group-invite you for PvP at the city's Battlemasters. After you leave the battleground you will spawn in the floating city. However, the inviting player has to be of the same level range for the specific battleground pool as you, or you won't get the group-invite.