Damage dealing protection paladin?

Hey guys,

i played a holy paladin so far. Now i choosed to level to 80 in WotLK as a Prot Paladin. Current problem: not really played protection paladin and i miss some DPS

For pure questing/leveling i currently use most of my holy equip. (Full karazhan and a bit T5).

I don't know what i currently put my talent points in but this should match.
    http://talent.mmo-champion.com/?pala...h=071912000000

I tested on some mobs and well, my dps was around 300-400. That would be pain in the ass to quest

Could someone give me some tips about skill rotation or where i get my main damage from (normal hits or judgements/shield)?

Thanks you so far.

Re: Damage dealing protection paladin?

This is my talent build, I use it for Tanking/questing/farming
    http://www.wow-europe.com/en/info/ba...00000000000000

could recommed you also to pick up redoubt and hammer of righteous. Since you see, SoC does around 600 damage right? Hammer of righteous does the same amount to 3 mobs, which is very nice bonus instant to have there. And redoubt, you have holy gear, which means low avoidance. That is 1 more reason to take it, since everything you do as prot paladin, you do it aoe mode. Many mobs = high proc chance, and more block = more holyshield hits also less damage.

it would be AWESOME if HotR didnt require a one hander. i mean, tanking and protgrinding you want your shield, but if it was one of those rare instances where they just need one more dps, a big slow twohander at 3 times weapon damage every 6 seconds would be almost enough in and of itself to let prot be viable, if not competitive
    all hail king frost strike

Quote Originally Posted by psicorp
    it would be AWESOME if HotR didnt require a one hander. i mean, tanking and protgrinding you want your shield, but if it was one of those rare instances where they just need one more dps, a big slow twohander at 3 times weapon damage every 6 seconds would be almost enough in and of itself to let prot be viable, if not competitive
    haha.. would be like HotR>CS

HotR>>>SoC. 1/2 imp. judgement is all you need, with a 96969 rotation.5/5 deflection>benediction. HotC>imp. BoM/1/5 benediction. 5/5 Divine str instead of BoK or reckoning. Something like http://talent.mmo-champion.com/?pala...h=071912000000 overall, along with 969 for tanking (9s CD [consec, judgement, HS] with 6s CD (Hotr/SotR, pre-75 replace sotr with twisting)). You could do with some Str based armour and a high DPS 1h.

Don't wear holy gear for questing (I know you don't have the option) aim for stuff with lots of str on it. Tanking stats are largely irrelevant before you get into heroics.

and next week nerf judgements by 50% and mana return by 80% ?
    stupid people like you should STFU.
    Can you imagine the dps in pvp and stuff ? jesus.
    Stop standing in fire...

Quote Originally Posted by Rafy
    and next week nerf judgements by 50% and mana return by 80% ?
    stupid people like you should STFU.
    Can you imagine the dps in pvp and stuff ? jesus.
    its things like this that make you stupid.

yes. i can imagine the pvp dps. it would be at best 3/4ths that of ret, with none of the mana regen ala JotW. it would be at best a situational PvE ability and even then you wouldn't make near ret dps. you would just have something to do if there happens to be another class that cant remember the last time they were dazed around
    all hail king frost strike

its things like this that make you stupid.

yes. i can imagine the pvp dps. it would be at best 3/4ths that of ret, with none of the mana regen ala JotW. it would be at best a situational PvE ability and even then you wouldn't make near ret dps. you would just have something to do if there happens to be another class that cant remember the last time they were dazed around
    I would imagine a prot pally (and warrior) being true hard counters for any straight up melee class (rogue, warrior) and extremely difficult for melee classes with spells mixed in (ret, enhance, DK). Ferals got a ton of bleeds and their own tank form so that would be an interesting match.

I imagine prot pally/war + healer basic strategy would be to take so little damage forcing the other team to run out of mana gradually. Maybe try dis priest for a real burn/outlast team.

High Overlord
    15+ Year Old Account

Quote Originally Posted by Draco cracona
    HotR>>>SoC. 1/2 imp. judgement is all you need, with a 96969 rotation.5/5 deflection>benediction. HotC>imp. BoM/1/5 benediction. 5/5 Divine str instead of BoK or reckoning. Something like http://talent.mmo-champion.com/?pala...h=071912000000 overall, along with 969 for tanking (9s CD [consec, judgement, HS] with 6s CD (Hotr/SotR, pre-75 replace sotr with twisting)). You could do with some Str based armour and a high DPS 1h.
    I tried both with and without reckoning while leveling in Northrend, and I wanted to scream when I was without reckoning. It makes leveling so much faster, you get back health and mana faster too with more hits. It is lackluster when only attacking 1 or 2 mobs at once. With 3 or more mobs, reckoning shines. Since our TPS scales with damage better now, its helping me hold aggro on dungeon runs.

FYI, I am only wearing Northrend greens and blues, with only a cape, rings, and trinkets from TBC.

http://www.wowarmory.com/character-s...ion&n=Valinora

Mock all you want of my lack of Tier gear from TBC. If you need that kind of gear to level, you suck.

Quote Originally Posted by Offhand
    I would imagine a prot pally (and warrior) being true hard counters for any straight up melee class (rogue, warrior) and extremely difficult for melee classes with spells mixed in (ret, enhance, DK). Ferals got a ton of bleeds and their own tank form so that would be an interesting match.

I imagine prot pally/war + healer basic strategy would be to take so little damage forcing the other team to run out of mana gradually. Maybe try dis priest for a real burn/outlast team.
    Prot pallies aren't all that tough if you know what your doing (mana pool and no downscaling hint 1, pve vs pvp gear hint 2). Now on the other hand if you dont know what your doing and like the idiot fury/combat gank attempt that stood in front of my toon the entire fight with autoattack on... (back in 2.2)

@OP your missing dps after switching over from holy?

Unless you're a keyboard turner you should never let a melee get behind you anyway. Barring stuns of course.