Page 1 of 2
LastLast

'surge of light' and/or 'holy concentration'

just wanted to know if its good to have both those or just go with one of em?

Re: 'surge of light' and/or 'holy concentration'

both are good, though imo surge is better pre80.
    Once a drunken pirate, alwaysh a drunken pirate... Hic!

Should be getting both, along with Test of Faith. Anything that can increase your crit % to proc SoL, Holy Conc./Imp. Holy Conc. for free healing, not to mention Inspiration is a benefit to you.

Go get *at least* Meditation over in the disc tree then get on down the holy tree however you want and make sure you grab surge of light on the way. Something a little like this http://www.wowhead.com/?talent=bVcbzhZfxtcc0qihVco

surge of light is great if you specced into Circle of healing, due to it having a chance to crit out of 5 heals, and helps greatly to top someone off after a CoH

i reccomend any spec that uses coh to use surge of light.

funny thing... i lvled to 75 with Smite specc, and now i specced shadow...but i still have Surge of Light proccs o_O

if you can't get both, get surge of light, as it's easier to proc it and it helps both in grinding and in instances.

At level 80 you really should get both.

My specs:

70: http://www.wowhead.com/?talent=bVcbzhZcxtcc0qihVcR

80: http://www.wowhead.com/?talent=bVcbzhZcxtcc0qihVIst

Us holy priests really have nice ways to do damage now, holy fire, mind blast, shadow word: death, 2 dots and throw in free smites in between. Gonna be fun in arenas

Quote Originally Posted by jisforjay

just wanted to know if its good to have both those or just go with one of em?
    get both.

the end

Quote Originally Posted by drewdoggg
    surge of light is great if you specced into Circle of healing, due to it having a chance to crit out of 5 heals, and helps greatly to top someone off after a CoH

i reccomend any spec that uses coh to use surge of light.
    Or 6 changes with the COH Glyph = nom nom

http://talent.mmo-champion.com/?prie...h=051613060103

This would be my personal preferance - I've chosen not to take surge of light as it is not a reliable source of healing, you can't really expect it to proc when you need it to proc, some people have very different opinions about them, that's their problem

Test of faith I've maxed out because it is IMO most important to pump out a BIG heal when your tank is under 50%, additional healing and critchance when tank is under 50% is really nice, as when the tank is not, your healing would be overhealing already (which is why I have serendipity or w/e it's called)

I've chosen to take the discipline tree only untill normal spirit, reason for this is the additional spellpower does NOT stack with totems or other SP enhancing stuffs

I hope this helps you a bit, if not, I've given myself an overview of how im going to spec when I hit 80, lvling is a pain tbh :P

15+ Year Old Account

Taking Divine Spirit over Guardian Spirit = LOL
    You know what is better than drinking a beer? Brewing your own beer. And then drinking it. And then... Drinking another beer. And then, punching somebody in the snout! That's what!

And you would take guardian spirit because?

IMO the talent isn't really usefull, you've got to time it etc, which isn't all that bad, but then goes on a kind a long cooldown, the spell itself is nice, basically making the tank not able to die for the duration (flash heals healing as much as greaters, if u still let ur tank die then you shoul'dn't be healing) 3 minute cooldown for 10 seconds of a bit more healing on the tank, won't waste points for that im afraid

and I find spirit a very solid and steady help in raids, increases your spell power and regen. and does not rely on any cooldowns/procs/whatsoever

Also if your opinion differs give some reasoning and don't just LOL people around, people got different preferances, myself I hate relying on procs of cooldowns, because im precasting on tanks 80% of the time, so you don't get all that much procs

15+ Year Old Account

Quote Originally Posted by eomer
    And you would take guardian spirit because?

IMO the talent isn't really usefull, you've got to time it etc, which isn't all that bad, but then goes on a kind a long cooldown, the spell itself is nice, basically making the tank not able to die for the duration (flash heals healing as much as greaters, if u still let ur tank die then you shoul'dn't be healing) 3 minute cooldown for 10 seconds of a bit more healing on the tank, won't waste points for that im afraid

and I find spirit a very solid and steady help in raids, increases your spell power and regen. and does not rely on any cooldowns/procs/whatsoever

Also if your opinion differs give some reasoning and don't just LOL people around, people got different preferances, myself I hate relying on procs of cooldowns, because im precasting on tanks 80% of the time, so you don't get all that much procs
    It's not an opinion, it's simple math. You're in a raid. There should be a disc priest. Let him buff divine spirit.
    You know what is better than drinking a beer? Brewing your own beer. And then drinking it. And then... Drinking another beer. And then, punching somebody in the snout! That's what!

I don't know how many priests you take in your raidgroup, espacially in heroics/10 mans, and even 25's...

10 man setup - 1 holy priest, maybe 1 shadow
    25 man setup - 2 priests, and far from always one of those being discipline

If what you said would be a rule of thumb, I would agree with you, but from my own experiences I know you do not always have a disc priest in your raid

15+ Year Old Account

Quote Originally Posted by eomer
    If what you said would be a rule of thumb, I would agree with you, but from my own experiences I know you do not always have a disc priest in your raid
    Well I do, because I AM the disc priest

And yeah it was a rule of thumb, which probably also has something to do with me loathing holy healing while loving the new disc tree and then some. But I still think it is much more efficient to have a disc + holy healing instead of 2 holies, grace alone is really nice to have on the tank at all the time.

And if you're in a 25-raid guild you should each take specs with thinking of each other anyway to optimize performance. In the same vain as an ele shamy + enh shamy is probably better for the raid than 2 eles.

You dont even need a disc priest for spirit buff... The Fel buff from the warlocks pet does have the same amount of spirit.. and if u have a shaman u dont need imp spirit... ( i guess there will be ~3 Shamans in 25er) and for 10er u cant always get what u want

Guardian Spirit is very much > DS coz its unique and very helpfull on certain bosses.. maexxna for example :>

Quote Originally Posted by AetherMcLoud
    Well I do, because I AM the disc priest
    Aha, well you got a fair point there then :P I can imagine it being retarded going into spirit if I would raid with you :P however we are currently lacking a few priests in our guild so I try be as *broad* as possible. (I still think guardian spirit sucks though, increases healing received by target by 40% for 10(!!!) seconds with a 3 minute cooldown, hardly reliable imo)

@ lostprophet:

Fel intelligence does both intellect and spirit but I thought the priest and mage versions of those were better? (please reply if i'm wrong with a link of some sort, as I am not sure) I am sure however you need a specific warlock spec for fel intelligence, or be using a fel puppy or something, I do know I did not get spirit last few raids with warlocks because they were not able to buff it.

As i said, both grants the same amount of Spirit and so is it for int.

Means if u get Fel Inteligenz then u dont need to buff DS and AI. But i must have in mind the Range... i guess FI does have a 40y range, while this is in most encounter not very much an issue, but u will have some encounter who not everyone will be in range of the lock(pet)

15+ Year Old Account

Quote Originally Posted by Lostprophet
    As i said, both grants the same amount of Spirit and so is it for int.

Means if u get Fel Inteligenz then u dont need to buff DS and AI. But i must have in mind the Range... i guess FI does have a 40y range, while this is in most encounter not very much an issue, but u will have some encounter who not everyone will be in range of the lock(pet)
    Wrong.

Fel Intelligence untalented: Intellect: 48, Spirit: 64
    Talented with 2 points in the affliction tree (need 29 points there): Intellect: 53, Spirit: 70

At level 80 Divine Spirit gives 80 spirit. Dunno what mages give but didn't they have around 40-50 int at level 70 already?

Though I would say, 70 or 80 spirit, close enough, if you have a warlock that has the talents.

http://raidcomp.mmo-champion.com/

there u can see what wont stack with each other

but it seems that ure right :O so far i saw , locks can improve FI by 10%
    that means 48 *1.1 = 52.8 // 64*1.1 = 70.4.

hmm maybe we miss something..coz im sure a mage could not cast AI coz " a more powerful spell is already active" and that was FI :O