Page 1 of 2
LastLast

Anyone run Utgarde yet?

My guildies are mainly in late time zones so I didn't get a chance to run Utgarde. I am curious if it turned out to be as easy as people said it was in beta. I solo'ed the first two mobs over and over just for the heck of it (and 100 xp grind). They didn't hit hard at all.

Deleted

Re: Anyone run Utgarde yet?

non can post wich have wotlk cause they are playing, the ones that stil post dont have wotlk yet or cannot play ;D

That's good to hear. I made the 11th hour decision to switch my just-hit-70 ret pally to prot and make him my main to tank. Having pretty sub-par tanking gear had me worried. This sounds promising.

Haven't done Utgarde yet but I did run Nexus.

Nexus looks just like a frozen Botanica, we we able to 3 man a lot of the trash. 2 of the bosses were stupidly easy, the other 2 were interested but again too easy.

Its kinda disappointing tbh. I mean we had one wipe which was due to us not knowing the mechanics of the final boss (we like to walk in build to fights and learn ourselves). So yeah - I hope the heroics are more challenging as I was disappointed

i did run utgarde on the beta, it wasnt so bad at all, the first fight isnt too fun if you dont have a lot of AOE cuz of the skeletons, the end boss is cake.

15+ Year Old Account

Quote Originally Posted by Dominate
    Its kinda disappointing tbh. I mean we had one wipe which was due to us not knowing the mechanics of the final boss (we like to walk in build to fights and learn ourselves). So yeah - I hope the heroics are more challenging as I was disappointed
    It's tuned for leveling people in greens/blues, not for epicced people, obviously... Ooops looks like it's not obvious for some...

Yeah because Ramparts is a difficult instance... cmon these are levelling instances, they are not supposed to be a big challenge

Nexus looks just like a frozen Botanica, we we able to 3 man a lot of the trash. 2 of the bosses were stupidly easy, the other 2 were interested but again too easy.

What kind of gear were you and your group in? Keep in mind these dungeons are designed for people who (later) will be transitioning fresh 70s in outlands greens - not peeps in T5/S3.

EDIT - Zka beat me to it.

Anyone who wants a bigger challenge can just try it on heroic.

Ran some utgarde with a good group. It's a joke if you have great gear. We usually pulled 2/3 packs and aoe'd them down.
    The instance has to be doable by badly geared people as well so if you're in t6 you can just nuke the mobs without them being tanked and they die before they reach you.

Quote Originally Posted by Ilara
    Ran some utgarde with a good group. It's a joke if you have great gear. We usually pulled 2/3 packs and aoe'd them down.
    The instance has to be doable by badly geared people as well so if you're in t6 you can pull the mobs you can just nuke the mobs them being tanked and they die before they reach you.
    Next question: How long did it take to do a full run?

About 15 minutes if you really keep up the pace. Did it with a ret pally resto shaman 2x frost mage and a prot pally.

Guys you are forgetting 1 thing here. This isntance is tuned to the fact the people running it have never T4/5/6 Raided or seen a Heroic. If you have more than 500 Spellpower you are outgeared for it for DPS/Healing.

The content till about 77 is going to feel very easy indeed
    A closed mouth gathers no feet.

Mage, Druid, DK & Shaman,

No, heroics in WotLK are easier than normal, didn't you know?

Did you expect the Nexus to be harder than heroic Shattered Halls?
    Probably you believe Naxxramas will be harder than SWP...

Quote Originally Posted by Ilara
    About 15 minutes if you really keep up the pace. Did it with a ret pally resto shaman 2x frost mage and a prot pally.
    Thanks. Even if we are twice as slow it would still be about 30 min. I'm hoping to run it several times tonight.

Lol, one more question: Any idea of the exp from the run, excluding quest turn in?

Might have to make a run through with me and my puppies if it's that easy! ;D Sorry, just being an ass because I am horribly bored at work thinking about how my fiancee is at home and can play if she wants. I'm sure my guildies will be hitting it up today along with all the other low level instances just for the hell of it (and rep).

Quote Originally Posted by Tankette
    Thanks. Even if we are twice as slow it would still be about 30 min. I'm hoping to run it several times tonight.

Lol, one more question: Any idea of the exp from the run, excluding quest turn in?
    Yep as soon as I get home, LFM Utagarde keep. My mage and a SPriest ready to go
    "Peace is a lie"

We just did it with a group of 70s in blue/green gear from outlands, who havent done a single heroic, karazhan or up yet. Still we never needed CC, never needed anything but AoE-Bombing. Is this really WoW? Feels like LotRO on easy.

15+ Year Old Account

Quote Originally Posted by Barrar
    Might have to make a run through with me and my puppies if it's that easy! ;D Sorry, just being an ass because I am horribly bored at work thinking about how my fiancee is at home and can play if she wants. I'm sure my guildies will be hitting it up today along with all the other low level instances just for the hell of it (and rep).
    I'm sure there are a lot of us who are at work today and must just sit patiently while we wait till the end of the day. I will probably run Utgarde Keep a few times tonight, if I have the right mix of friends on. I really don't want to pug instances and waste my precious levelling time wiping on content.

Last night, not having upgraded my own account yet, I logged into the game briefly to see a few friends running the instance. Sounded like they were having a good time.

Patience and it will become my own experience soon enough.

Gaiwyn
    For the Alliance!

I ran UK 4 times last night. The exp was 130K per run, unrested and excluding the 2 quest turn-ins. I am not used to AOE style tanking so it was a learning experience. The fastest run was 33 minutes by pulling 2 groups of mobs at a time. I think we could do 3 groups at a time if we stayed focused but we wiped once trying it.

It is a fun instance! I'll probably run it at least 10 more times.