Page 1 of 2
LastLast

What exactly do I get for being a blacksmith again?

Do we get 1 extra gem socket or 2?

No extra metas for armor smiths? What do weapon smiths get? Besides crafted gear.

I'm considering dropping BS for something else. It's too much of a bitch to level up without having mining (other proff is enchanting).

Re: What exactly do I get for being a blacksmith again?

Why aren't you a miner? ???

Quote Originally Posted by settle3m
    Why aren't you a miner? ???
    Min/maxing. It can be a bitch.

Quote Originally Posted by Offhand
    Min/maxing. It can be a bitch.
    Mining? Smelting brings up your mining skill.... You can easily buy ore on the AH and lvl most of the skill with smelting. I believe you'd only have to mine twice

Blademaster
    15+ Year Old Account

glove socket as well as bracer socket for being a bs. there are no perks for armor/weapon smithing anymore.

Quote Originally Posted by Burner
    Mining? Smelting brings up your mining skill.... You can easily buy ore on the AH and lvl most of the skill with smelting. I believe you'd only have to mine twice
    Yes but 500 health from mining is not enough benefit to take it as a profession. Ring enchants alone are way better.

I'm trying to clarify what the personal benefit to veing as BS was. Whether armor or weapon smith, beyond crafted sets (which are pretty crap).

I'm trying to clarify what the personal benefit to being a BS was. Whether armor or weapon smith, beyond crafted sets (which are pretty crap).
    there is no personal benefit.

Quote Originally Posted by huffnpoop
    there is no personal benefit.
    I'm pretty sure we got our own gem slot. At least one, but that may or may not have changed.

u can socket ur bracer and gloves which means 2 extra gems.

and 1 hand weapons

does jewcrafting still get bop superior epic gems? cuz i think bs get an belt, gloves and braces slot- soo combining the two might be nice.

Yes but 500 health from mining is not enough benefit to take it as a profession. Ring enchants alone are way better.
    Only if you have Kings or points in Vitality (as two Stamina to Ring enchants is only 48 Stam, or 480 HP).

But regardless, Blacksmithing and Leatherworking is the most powerful tanking profession combination, due to +60 Stam from the two gem sockets (two epic +30 Stam gems) and the +90 Stam bracer enchant from Leatherworking.
    Signature removed. Please read our guidelines. Venara

Quote Originally Posted by lalartu
    does jewcrafting still get bop superior epic gems? cuz i think bs get an belt, gloves and braces slot- soo combining the two might be nice.
    max of 3, and everyone can socket thier belt, its an item like the LW/tailoring leg enchants.

max of 3, and everyone can socket thier belt, its an item like the LW/tailoring leg enchants.
    that still sounds pretty sexy to me, maxing out your extra slots as much as possible, are there any other professions that would work better together?

cuz unless something turns out to be better i might just roll jew/armorsmith when i get around to making a dk

LW AS would b better imo but as a JC u could make a ton of money once u lvl it.

15+ Year Old Account

Instead of seeing how a profession can benefit you through BoP enhancements, isn't it nicer to think about how you add to the gameworld -- your server -- as a whole by having a particular profession? I have two Blacksmiths and it is proving to be a pain to level; but it's fun to have particular professions, regardless of any benefits -- short- or long-term.

Gaiwyn
    For the Alliance!

Quote Originally Posted by Gaiwyn
    Instead of seeing how a profession can benefit you through BoP enhancements, isn't it nicer to think about how you add to the gameworld -- your server -- as a whole by having a particular profession?
    I lold. Got World peace speech?

Quote Originally Posted by Gaiwyn
    The problems we face today, violent conflicts, destruction of nature, poverty, hunger, and so on, are human created problems which can be resolved through human effort, understanding, and a development of a sense of brotherhood and sisterhood. We need to cultivate a universal responsibility for one another and the planet we share. Although I have found my own Buddhist religion helpful in generating love and compassion, even for those we consider our enemies, I am convinced that everyone can develop a good heart and a sense of universal responsibility with or without religion.

15+ Year Old Account

Quote Originally Posted by MMage
    LW AS would b better imo but as a JC u could make a ton of money once u lvl it.
    Could JCs make money at 70? My priest had it but I never made anything from it, let alone making back what the recipes cost. :/

Perhaps at 80, some professions will actually make money. ><

Gaiwyn
    For the Alliance!

skreew da komuunity i just wantz 1337 dps!