Page 3 of 10 FirstFirst
... LastLast

Re: World First LVL 80 Explained - Interview with Nymh

okey..let me get this straight for you..

in my point of view:

Duras and friends was indoors leveling (instance) they where 6 ppl (first exploit) duras left grp and tagged all mobs without beeing in party and the other 5 ppl dpsed them down so duras got all the xp (second exploit) they uninvited a party member so duras didnt get teleported to his HS location (third exploit) and again they uninvited duras so the other party member they uninvited did not get teleported (same as the third exploit, so basicly, fourth exploit)

and they asked a GM if it was legal or not, and if you ask a GM about that, u know its illegal..yes they got the respond "clever use of game mechanics", but do you all remember swifty? well he also asked a GM about his little trick, and also got: "clever use of game mechanics" but it's still and exploit and blizz changed it as fast they could

(link to swifty for those who don't know http://www.warcraftmovies.com/movieview.php?id=26232)

now, to my point of view of Nyhm

Nyhm lvled outdoors..we was not in a party, but had a healer heal him when he was low on HP (no exploit, it's called friendship) Nyhm got all the XP for the kills since he tagged them and killed them on his own (can't see any exploit here) The healer got no XP for helping him (it's unfair but he did it on own free will)

so basicly, no exploits for Nyhm..yes, same thing, but without exploits..

so in my opinion, Nyhm is the real "first to lvl 80" for me..

so QQ all u want Duras and friends fans, but your cheering on a cheater...
    80 Death Knight
    80 Rogue
    80 Priest

So sad.... :-[

Quote Originally Posted by Lifepain
    okey..let me get this straight for you..

in my point of view:

Duras and friends was indoors leveling (instance) they where 6 ppl (first exploit) duras left grp and tagged all mobs without beeing in party and the other 5 ppl dpsed them down so duras got all the xp (second exploit) they uninvited a party member so duras didnt get teleported to his HS location (third exploit) and again they uninvited duras so the other party member they uninvited did not get teleported (same as the third exploit, so basicly, fourth exploit)

and they asked a GM if it was legal or not, and if you ask a GM about that, u know its illegal..yes they got the respond "clever use of game mechanics", but do you all remember swifty? well he also asked a GM about his little trick, and also got: "clever use of game mechanics" but it's still and exploit and blizz changed it as fast they could

so QQ all u want Duras and friends fans, but your cheering on a cheater...
    If I asked a GM if tagging mobs and having another party killing them for me is ok, and then proceed to do the above thinking that the "yes" from the GM is perfectly enough, then I would assume myself stupid. From reading just the GM's response there is no way of confirming that what he asked was clear enough to the GM. (They weren't simply using clever tagging, they did more)

This thread made me click on the link to athenes website, and his youtube video started autoplaying. I actually watched it, and wow.

Athene is the type of player that makes me embarassed to play wow. Sitting in his parents kitchen playing wow with his shirtless friend (lover?) shouting obsceneties and flashing a replica glock because that makes you cool apparently.

Also what he did was clearly exploiting. It was considered exploiting when he did it to get the level to 70 record, and it was fixed. The same bug came back with Northrend and he took advantage, he should have known he would get banned. Going so far as to page a gm to make sure he wont get banned, just goes to show me that he knew what he was doing wasnt right.

1. How anyone can vote for, and even like that attention-whore Athene is a mystery to me.

2. Sure he was first to 80, but he cheated. He used a bug in the game.

3. Its a big difference having a healer out-of-party, than cheating by having 6 ppl in a 5 ppl instance.

4. My vote goes to Nymh. Not only because he got to lvl 80 first, wihout cheating, but when someone has to cheat his way to 80 hes pathetic.

Quote Originally Posted by DruidFTW
    Athene is the type of player that makes me embarassed to play wow. Sitting in his parents kitchen playing wow with his shirtless friend (lover?) shouting obsceneties and flashing a replica glock because that makes you cool apparently.
    Thats just an act (you prob know but I don't know that you may know ) and if you look at his other vids they're "ok". Like the internet restricting one he did awhile back.

Also what he did was clearly exploiting. It was considered exploiting when he did it to get the level to 70 record, and it was fixed. The same bug came back with Northrend and he took advantage, he should have known he would get banned. Going so far as to page a gm to make sure he wont get banned, just goes to show me that he knew what he was doing wasnt right.
    That I agree to. He was to vague in asking the question so he got a vague answer, so his own fault. As people keep saying, it was changed after he did the 1-70 way so why did he think it would be valid now?

i think allot of you miss understand what an exploitation is in contrast to a clever use of game mechanics.

they where 5 men in an instance--get that shit straight

they used the invite an kick party functions as a way of allowing 1 member to get all the credit--the invite and kick functions are part of the game, they are nota bug, as some of you seem to think they are, and nowhere does it state that spamming invites and party kicks is a bannable offense.

furthermore, they made an effort to contact a 'game master', now gms can do a multitude of things in the game, and they are in existence to maintain order. it seems perfectly logical that clearing a plan with a gm is enough information to go on.

you may not approve of the methods, you don't have to.
    you may think athene is a fuckin tool, alot of us do.
    you may want to see him lose, w/e im not gonna judge you.

but sweet flying fuck people, like him or not, i don't see how this is a real exploit!
    tagging mobs is tagging mobs whether you do it indoors or outdoors...
    at no point did they abuse a bug, there was no extra xp- only what the unit would normally allot to one player.
    there where no extra players in the instance.

if anyone can come up with a reason/refute me, i am seriously impartial.
    but i gotta say this smells like shit, i think they just canned the effort because it was tooeffective...

FRENCH POWAAAAAA !

GO FROGGERS !

Despite my previous reply, im just happy hes gone. All warm and fuzzy inside.

Quote Originally Posted by Frunhilda
    He isn't gone. All those 5 characters got unbanned but reseted to 70.
    Noooo

Quote Originally Posted by Frunhilda
    He did not cheat.
    Yes

Quote Originally Posted by lalartu

they where 5 men in an instance--get that shit straight

they used the invite an kick party functions as a way of allowing 1 member to get all the credit--the invite and kick functions are part of the game, they are nota bug, as some of you seem to think they are, and nowhere does it state that spamming invites and party kicks is a bannable offense.

furthermore, they made an effort to contact a 'game master', now gms can do a multitude of things in the game, and they are in existence to maintain order. it seems perfectly logical that clearing a plan with a gm is enough information to go on.

but sweet flying fuck people, like him or not, i don't see how this is a real exploit!
    tagging mobs is tagging mobs whether you do it indoors or outdoors...
    at no point did they abuse a bug, there was no extra xp- only what the unit would normally allot to one player.
    there where no extra players in the instance.

if anyone can come up with a reason/refute me, i am seriously impartial.
    but i gotta say this smells like shit, i think they just canned the effort because it was tooeffective...
    shortened quote a bit!

You fail to say anywhere that the exact plan was cleared with a GM, the question and answer seem vague at best to me.

You seem to think that because an instance mob is tuned to give 5 players nice XP for everyone it's perfectly ok for it to give 5 times that XP just by leaving the party and tagging the mobs before the other party members do. You share the XP cause you share the work, so logically you should not get rewarded more for doing less. I bet blizzard never meant to make this possible. If it was people would have done it way more. Imagine if you could do it in a raid instance, those mobs would yield lots of experience points I'm sure...

This thread made me click on the link to athenes website, and his youtube video started autoplaying. I actually watched it, and wow.

Agreed. I cannot even believe that poor girl (his "b****") agreed to be filmed with him. World first goes to Nyhm for me 8)

Mechagnome
    15+ Year Old Account

ATHENE FOR PRESIDENT! WHAHAHAH !11111
    World of Warcraft wiki
    http://wowwiki.com
    World of Warcraft database
    http://thottbot.comhttp://wowhead.comhttp://wow.allakhazam.com

Quote Originally Posted by FeralRage
    Agreed. I cannot even believe that poor girl (his "b****") agreed to be filmed with him. World first goes to Nyhm for me 8)
    Do me a favour, check out: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=NwUAalY7tgw

Tanya (the poor girl) is his girlfriend and Athene is actually a normal guy. Watch the video for the real tanya and the real athene. Athene is just an performance. Don't take him too seriously.

As always:
    Blizzard decided and you have to life with it. . . .

By the way: Where is the exploit when someone gets healed by another one and is not in his group. That happens all the time!

All the GM says: You are indeed allowed to get your entire guild to help you level to 80 by mob tagging.
    He didn't said a word about mob tagging IN instances ...
    In my opinion Athene is just a bighead and a great way off being the best paladin ...
    Never heard of him before and just claiming to be the best and making a stupid video (i watched it - aaargg this was ugly) won't change the reality.

Get a life boy.

Never understood why to be the first on 70 or 80 or whatever level ... all you possibly get is 5 minutes of "fame"
    From there on you will be one for sure: A nerd with no life!

Did this guy play 27 hours straight?

Quote Originally Posted by SilencerZero
    Never understood why to be the first on 70 or 80 or whatever level ... all you possibly get is 5 minutes of "fame"
    From there on you will be one for sure: A nerd with no life!
    Didn't you hear? First 10 gets to wait for the rest of the guild to catch up!

His healer got a small mention in this article yet he has to spend the same amount of time as this person did levelling and got nothing for it. Self-centered prick should not have even allowed his friend to subject himself to this. This person is greedy and took advantage of someone's good nature for their own personal gain.

Blizzard awards him 10 points, and may God have mercy on that thankless lock's soul. I know what he said. Saying a small something is about as good as nothing when you consider that this guy gets credit for world first and the other guy doesn't any achievements, let alone any experience...some random scrub is just level 71 and looks better than that healer! No justice! This person makes me sick. Resisting my temptation to make a comment about him being French for Boub...

I think that although this is a "clever use of game mechanics" it takes away all the fun of it.

Regardless of being an exploit or not it really makes you wonder "What's the point?"

Getting to 80 and not knowing anything about mobs, quests, loot, places and lore?

It sure is nice to log in and see Level 80 in there, but you tecnically have no gear, plus you dont have anyone your level to raid endgame with.

Besides, being first level 80 in 13 or 27 hours (Athene and Nymh) in the world doesn't give you anything but an empty feel of self satisfaction, topped by the known fact of "Now I wait for the others"

My advice? Enjoy the game and make it work for you not the other way around.

Deleted

Boosting and grinding to group for a solo achievement is not impressive .. make an "ironman" levelling achievement which requires at least 50% of quests in each zone and no groups allowed, then I would be impressed.