Page 10 of 10 FirstFirst ...

Re: World First LVL 80 Explained - Interview with Nymh

Clearly there are some people that do not quite understand how mobtagging works.

Nymh did NOT use mobtagging, while on the other hand; Darus did.

~Mobtagging
    a cleaver use of game mechanics, allowing a player to hit a target first, to let it get killed by another player/players.. the first attacker gets the loot + a part of the xp (hence the term "tagging"), the person/people that killed the mob, also get a share of the xp, but no loot.

Athene TEAM went into instances, they had a team of 5 people, Darus (the person being powerlvl'd), 3x dps and a paladin healer (Athene)
    What they did is: every time they engaged a pack of mobs, they kicked Darus from the group, allowing him to "tag" the mobs and the party would kill them. Then Darus would get invited back in the group, to prevent teleportation to the hearthstone's location.

This is clearly different to the way Nymh leveled. he killed the mobs on his own. the healer was just there so Nymh could run around endlessly because of lifetap and dots, never oom + never low health.

..either way, both can be interpreted as exploitation of game mechanics, or cleaver use of them.
    The fact remains, blizzard found Darus leveling way too fast, and got scared that the wow community might got disturbed by Athene TEAM and open a flamewar on the wowforums.
    The funny part about this all is. whenever a GM says that something is allowed, and a minute later after you executed whatever you wanted to do, a GM can ban you for which he just gave you permission to do. They will still be in their rights, since you agreed to the ToU and EULA. hell, they could even ban you because they felt like it, and still win the fight in court.

So whether it was fair, or not fair.. or cheating/exploiting, or not.
    Athene TEAM technically could have became level 80 10 hours faster.

just my 2cents.
    ~Xinzo | Dragonmaw EU

(sorry for my bad grammar, I'm dutch)
    -

Honestly who gives a shit what some stupid GM said; the rules are the rules. Just because what some stupid GM said (who doesn't know anything) doesnt justify its okay.

Why can't they just level up the real and authentic way? QUESTS

Regardless of the GM that banned them, they should have honored there word. Maybe the GM was half assing his response and just oh yea your fine... But regardless it should have been honored.

ilyawen - don't be a jealous mofo. fine you stated your opinion. but 5 ppl effort > 2 ppl effort. If your told your allowed, then you don't "know its wrong" seriously take your jealously elswhere

@Xinzo

A few flawed statements there. Only the one tagging the mob get's exp, anyone not in the taggers party doesn't get anything.
    Second (this must've been said at least a dozen times), they asked the GM one thing, and did another.
    Originally Posted by Vaneras
    Soon™ ;-)
    https://api.lootbox.eu/pc/eu/Xni-230.../signature.png

wow, i like his videos lol

I will most certainly use Nymh's way of leveling when the next expansion comes out :>
    -

Quote Originally Posted by ViolatorGG
    Out of group healing isn't an exploit. It happens in Wow every single day. You could call it a friendly gesture, friendship or something. If I solo quests and aggro more mobs that I can handle, some random healer comes by and throws me some hots or something. Does that make me a cheater then? Obviously not.

Out of group dps is wrong, it kills your targets a lot faster = faster exp.
    Out of group healing is totally fine, your target wont die any faster = the usual exp.
    I wouldn't call you a cheater or Nymh for that matter. If he was cheating Blizz might have stepped in and suspended him like they did that other guy. Being able to heal or help someone not in your group is a great part of the game. Drive by buffs and heals are great. I often felt bad on my Warlock that I could really only hit someone up with water breathing as opposed to a druid or pally who has many more buffs to share with the passersby.

That was not the point I was making. Perhaps "exploiting" was the wrong term.

However lets see how long it takes Nymh AND the healer to make it to 80 BOTH in the group. That is what I am pointing out. Of course it is faster to have a out of group pocket healer getting no XP following you around. That's no achievement. Its just taking advantage of the system.

Quote Originally Posted by Kelfarr
    I consider anything that gets hotfixed by blizzard to be an exploit, and if anyone has been in the drakil'jin ruins lately the neutral mobs don't give exp anymore, and they also aren't lootable.
    Just wanted to reiterate this.
    World first 70 mob-tagged with his whole guild (or at least 40 people from his guild), albeit outside of instance.
    Athene's way of leveling was apparently hotfixed before, meaning it was an exploit. Nymh's way of leveling has since been hotfixed, meaning it was also an exploit.

So in my opinion first person to hit 80 without out-of-party help is world first.

Sry noobs its Athene , and its official LOL!

+ he got ban from the GM by using the same tactics , cuz when your a real pro n own every 1 , even the Gm's h8 you. so its Athene... The End

Quote Originally Posted by Niibrajer
    Sry noobs its Athene , and its official LOL!

+ he got ban from the GM by using the same tactics , cuz when your a real pro n own every 1 , even the Gm's h8 you. so its Athene... The End
    Little late there guy, thanks for coming out though, or did it just take you a month to type that?

w/out reading all 14 pages.

athene sux it.
    his method should have been spotted sooner, abusing a 5-man is contradictory to the point of the content even being there and it is unfair.

the method nymph took much more effort, and the achievement rightfully belongs to him.

My opinion is theres nothing wrong with mob tagging, blizz should not release a final product if people can pull that stuff off.
    nymph Congrats, but i beleave it would be the mob taggers to get to lvl 80 first.

It´s imho no achievement if you just manage to lvl fast with the help of others. So someone who did it by tagging or by getting off healed shouldnt count as first lvl 80.

Who made server first by mob grinding can be proud of having missed all the quest experience up to lvl 80. He missed great quests and new quest designs. It´s not the same experience to do all those quests with lvl 80.

That considered such players should imho not be counted as the servers first lvl 80 because the only thing those "players" have achieved is to find people to help them doing theyr work (or a part of it).

In MMORPG´s the jurney is the reward.

you talk as if all the quests were blocked for him now -_-. his main goal was to lvl up as fast as possible. questing isnt the fastest way to do so. and after he dinged 80 he can happily do all the quests from start, right?
    I have enough of EA ruining great franchises and studios, forcing DRM and Origin on their games, releasing incomplete games only to sell day-1 DLCs or spill dozens of DLCs, and then saying it, and microtransactions, is what players want, stopping players from giving EA games poor reviews, as well as deflecting complaints with cheap PR tricks.

I'm not going to buy any game by EA as long as they continue those practices.

Damn, quit necroposting this thing back to life. Its done, move on.

A little off:
    When a friend of mine told me that games such as WoW and similar games actually made ppl idiots/mad/crazy/, i did not believe him.
    Watching this video, and my finger tries to push the "cancel subscription" button by an invisible force...

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=AMUjH...om/records.php

kek?

athene still went and beat the leveling time, its the same thing mob tagging i dont think it should be any different in an instance than it is out, it is clever use of game mechanics alot of people still see darus as the world first lvl 80 even if its not on paper.