Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst

Re: [OFFICIAL] Death Knight Build Thread

I've been playing with 2h frost dps specs lately, I hear cookie-cutter frost dps is 17/54/0 but I really can't find where to shove those last 4 points in frost.

http://www.wowhead.com/?talent=jfVMVZG0xxhxdRhRVosx
    Where do the last 3 points go? Lichborn? RP mastery? Nothing translates into an actual dps increase or group buff. I feel like I'm better off taking imp rune tap.

An alternative I've been doing some work with is 0/50/21 for gargoyle, which we all know is hilariously good with low gear levels.
    http://www.wowhead.com/?talent=jZG0xxhxdRhRVosxfM0uxck
    Taking morbidity is kinda fail just for the death and decay cooldown reduction, but it's either that or anticipation.

gomi

The last four points in your frost dps build put it in Toughness, seems strange I know but this will increase your armor and you have spec Bladed Armor in blood that will increase your AP.

Quote Originally Posted by spazmcnasty
    What's official about this thread?
    It's made by blue posters so it's official. Oh wait it's not, someone just wants attention.

http://www.mmo-champion.com/index.php?topic=29716.0
    Much more effort put in the startposts, continue there.

Quote Originally Posted by gomi
    The last four points in your frost dps build put it in Toughness, seems strange I know but this will increase your armor and you have spec Bladed Armor in blood that will increase your AP.
    I didn't catch that, and feel stupid for doing so. However, the up side is that 0/50/21 isn't skipping anything critical in frost.

15+ Year Old Account

Quote Originally Posted by Skippert
    It's made by blue posters so it's official. Oh wait it's not, someone just wants attention.

http://www.mmo-champion.com/index.php?topic=29716.0
    Much more effort put in the startposts, continue there.
    Ty for the comment. I'm working on adding more player made specs right now.

[OFFICIAL]

Howgh.

I am just wondering if someone competent can link a good, trusty and proven PvP Unholy Build? I would love to see some description of it, and also a few words about playing arenas with ret.

Yeah, I know that I have to be a retard to suck at 2v2s with ret (OP kek) but a few clues could be helpful (newbie at DK)

And yeah, I rolled DK (75lvl atm) becouse my SP sucks at PvP (yeah, l2p, etc blablabla) and I want to be OP at least once. Period.

No trolling / QQing / l2ping plz. Mmo-champion is now being famous about that.

[/OFFICIAL]

15+ Year Old Account

I think im one of a very small amount of people who are DW unholy, personaly i think the dps is better.

In BF around 62ish...blood spec i was 600dps..i switched spec to unholy DW and was doing 700+ dps on some fights.

http://armory.wow-europe.com/charact...&n=Sithwarrior

tho i tried blood and enjoyed the better survivability, i hate the big slow 10minute 2handed wep swings :P..work on your hit cap and DW can be very good and also expertise...which as a human DK works out slightly better for you (or orc on horde with axes).

Quote Originally Posted by Narcissism
    I dont know if ill miss desecration though.
    Unlikely.

Desecration has it's uses, but both for tanking, single target dps and aoe grinding you'd be better off with static +crit.

That is,, if you had points left available for that in the blood tree >_>

15+ Year Old Account

telling you what dps is at any lvl is not useless.../sigh.

i was giving an example of improvments in the dps..regardless of lvl it shows 100dps gr8er... it was mearly an example.

gomi

I didn't catch that, and feel stupid for doing so. However, the up side is that 0/50/21 isn't skipping anything critical in frost.
    Bladed Armor in blood tree increase your AP to your armor value, if you put the last four point in Toughness in frost tree you will increase you armor value that means more AP.

This was aming for your blood/frost build but you seems to go for frost/unholy so,,,

This thread is hardly useful at all. It doesn't sort the information. Frozenpatato's thread is far better. At least that thread has a breakdown of the builds, and he amends the thread as people provide better/alternative variations.

This is just a collection of x/x/x rocks and why. It doesn't help any reader hoping to learn something at a glance.

Quote Originally Posted by gomi
    Bladed Armor in blood tree increase your AP to your armor value, if you put the last four point in Toughness in frost tree you will increase you armor value that means more AP.

This was aming for your blood/frost build but you seems to go for frost/unholy so,,,
    Oh, I understood that. What I meant was that only 50 points in frost for a 0/50/21 wasn't skipping anything critical. When I was doing the frost/blood build, I couldn't see what talent with those last 4 points ended up as a dps increase. In other words, 54 points in frost if you go into blood (which scales better with gear) and only 50 into frost if you put your remaining points in unholy (good for fresh 80's).