Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst
LastLast

Re: Leveling as Ret - Tanking and healing instances!

Obviously you shouldn't be allowed to spec into your leveling tree when an expansion comes out

15+ Year Old Account

Quote Originally Posted by theredviola
    I hate looking in an LFG and seeing "LF2M needs tank and heals"

A.k.a. 3 DPS, LFG.

It's always "Need tank and healer. Always."

All Ret pallies are trash and need to have an ACTUAL nerf instead of baby nerfs that blizz is giving them. I am just glad that WOTLK is finally out and i can go after every pally with my DK and show them how an OP calass should be played, i had trouble doing this with my holy priest. But i haev a feeling that many of the normal non OP classes will eventually quit the game because blizz favors certain classes..... I also find it pathetic that a pally can put you in a stun lock atm i thought that rogues were the class for that. Horde FTW

Quote Originally Posted by Pootiedeathboots
    All Ret pallies are trash and need to have an ACTUAL nerf instead of baby nerfs that blizz is giving them. I am just glad that WOTLK is finally out and i can go after every pally with my DK and show them how an OP calass should be played...
    Really? I haven't died to a DK yet. At all.

The other knight, I saw a 72 DK (I was 72 at the time) so I killed it for the achievement. I guess that pissed off the resto shaman and shadow priest who were tooling around, so I killed both of them too (LoS in caves is OP, imo). They must have sent out a bat signal or something, because a mage finished me off after I killed the spriest.

Rezzed, spriest got me.

Rezzed again, got the spriest. Balance druid tried to jump in but I LoS'd him in those caves and got him instead.

tl;dr: I'm not sure how a death knight expects to beat a ret paladin. Ret wins on self healing AND on burst. gg.

Let's all ride the Gish gallop.

Quote Originally Posted by Ektoplasme
    Hi,

Like many other paladins, I respeced Ret to lvl in Northrend. If you want to do the quests it's definitely the fastest way. But since there is a huge lack of healers and tanks, I barely play the DPS role in instances.

Most of the time I'm the healer and i'm amazed by what I can do as a ret with a good healing set. JotW gives me plenty of mana and an instant FoL 25% of the time, when I crit with FoL I leave a noce HoT on the tank and my HL heals for a lot !

With my T6 prot set I can really easily AoE grind the 5 man instances as the main tank, I take quite a lot of damage, but nothing a healer cannot handle.

Future looks promising for my ret spec :-)

What about you ?
    are we still on the subject that ret pallys are op come on folks get on the druids who can moonfire spam you and wrath you without gettin in melee range

so shut the fuck up already

The user has been banned for this post

Keeping me busy til Wotlk

Leveling as Ret - Tanking and healing instances!

Since when is that new ?
    When TBC launched I tanked mechanar as holy with a green/blue tanking set and healed shadowlabs as ret with a blue healing set.
    If you have the right gears your spec never mattered for regular 5man. And that goes for my spriest and my enh shaman healing any 5man while leveling also.

Every good "hybrid" collects at least 2 sets of gears, the serious ones collect 3-4 sets of gear and thats not counting pvp and resist sets.

Quote Originally Posted by Convic
    are we still on the subject that ret pallys are op come on folks get on the druids who can moonfire spam you and wrath you without gettin in melee range

nah, unless a druid gets me from max range and leads with a 5k+ starfire crit, the druid is dead. They have no buttons to push once I'm smashing their face with JoJ applied.

Mages are worse, but they die even easier depending how the fight starts.

Either way, we can LoS our way to victory if the terrain allows it.

Let's all ride the Gish gallop.

lol my pally was prot for all of TBC and I picked up a purple/blue ret set with some of the northrend greens and I kill about as fast as my enhancer shaman... and you know what... I haven't died to any of the DKs I have seen. needless to say they dont live long enough... so have fun trying to kill a ret pally Mister.
    Can't stop the train baby.

High Overlord
    15+ Year Old Account

Quote Originally Posted by Convic

QFT: I saw a moonkin in BorT solo Nedar without even getting hit. Nedar died very fast too. My prot pally was able to solo 2 of them at once, but thats prot, and it took much longer than the moonkin.

Quote Originally Posted by Kaillus
    QFT: I saw a moonkin in BorT solo Nedar without even getting hit. Nedar died very fast too. My prot pally was able to solo 2 of them at once, but thats prot, and it took much longer than the moonkin.
    Group quest aren't exactly, and never really have, required other people.

Anything that required three or less people anyway.

High Overlord
    15+ Year Old Account

Quote Originally Posted by Offhand
    Group quest aren't exactly, and never really have, required other people.

Anything that required three or less people anyway.
    The point was he never got touched, and not every class and spec can always solo some of those group quests. I have leveled every class to 60+, and certain classes and specs are 1000000x more powerful than others.

The point was he never got touched, and not every class and spec can always solo some of those group quests. I have leveled every class to 60+, and certain classes and specs are 1000000x more powerful than others.
    Remember that time a Boomkin soloed 978,000 hordies?

High Overlord
    15+ Year Old Account

Quote Originally Posted by tyu
    Remember that time a Boomkin soloed 978,000 hordies?
    What point are you trying to make exactly? I am referring to PvE.

Quote Originally Posted by Bramickias

Since when is that new ?
    When TBC launched I tanked mechanar as holy with a green/blue tanking set and healed shadowlabs as ret with a blue healing set.
    If you have the right gears your spec never mattered for regular 5man. And that goes for my spriest and my enh shaman healing any 5man while leveling also.

Every good "hybrid" collects at least 2 sets of gears, the serious ones collect 3-4 sets of gear and thats not counting pvp and resist sets.
    QFT - Any hybrid players with decent skills and gears should beable to fill any of its role in regular 5 man (I don't know about Shaman since I never played one). The hybrid won't be the best at it, but as long as the group doesn't wipe, I'd say that it was a successful run even if it would have been easier with a pure bred.

Hunters

Dont argue, its fact, they are the most OP leveling class ever. With a tank pet they can solo a handful of the 5 man quests.

But I agree that certain classes are better at leveling then others.

As a ret pally I must say we are very good levelers except quests killing flying things. Blizz needs to quit that. I cant stand jumping off a cliff and trying to judge mobs in mid air just to tag them

Exactly why are we talking about trivial bullshit like non-instanced group quests? They're easy, back to the topic at hand.

Quote Originally Posted by Bramickias

Since when is that new ?

That pretty much sums it up.

Quote Originally Posted by shockpally
    I am glad you have intelligent friends to run you through stuff. You clearly need them.
    definite argument winner here

YOU SHUT YOUR WHORE MOUTH WHILE BILLY MAYS IS TALKING

Tonight I'll spec ret and get an elemental shaman to heal Azjol-Nerub. More or less to spite idiots like yourself.

yea i am feeling this too, me ( feral specced) and a pally friend (ret specced) have been hitting all the instnaces on the way to 80 grabbing those quests and we have been spinning roles around between us 2 for healing/dps/tanking, doing great beside on some bosses with a twist surpise that wiped us.

I tanked The Nexus as Ret (in Prot gear) with a SPriest tanking. On another run, our healer DC'd so we 4-manned the last boss with myself healing (Ret in Holy gear), I also DPS'd an Azjol-Nerub run that had an Elemental Shaman healing, one death.

5-mans are not serious business, and just about anyone can solo group quests now.