Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst
    High Overlord
    15+ Year Old Account

Re: Leveling as Ret - Tanking and healing instances!

The problem with most of these replies is no one is stating what type of gear they are wearing to tank and heal as Ret. Not everyone has T6, T5, or even T4.

I am in mostly Northrend stuff now. I think it would a little iffy to tank as Ret in just the stuff you have received from quests and drops in Northrend. Of course it all depends on your healer and dpsers skill and gear too.

15+ Year Old Account

Quote Originally Posted by Kaillus
    The problem with most of these replies is no one is stating what type of gear they are wearing to tank and heal as Ret. Not everyone has T6, T5, or even T4.

I am in mostly Northrend stuff now. I think it would a little iffy to tank as Ret in just the stuff you have received from quests and drops in Northrend. Of course it all depends on your healer and dpsers skill and gear too.
    All of the PVE content has been cleared by the super guild. IN sunwell gear. Does this tell you something? Wrath is stupid easy.
    Be Nice to America or we will bring Democracy to your country.

Quote Originally Posted by shockpally
    Apparently Ret is SO OP now that it can Tank, Heal and DPS. Who needs Dual specs.
    DK is coming!

yiptastic

Quote Originally Posted by antidan
    Pshh all good paladins collect 3 sets. Its called Lootwhoring, DO IT!
    damn, I'm one.

It's not loot whoring... It's you need all three sets. Once I hit 80, I need 2 primary sets and 1 PvP set. ret for PvP, tank/healing for PvE. respect if needed to.

High Overlord
    15+ Year Old Account

Quote Originally Posted by shockpally
    All of the PVE content has been cleared by the super guild. IN sunwell gear. Does this tell you something? Wrath is stupid easy.
    I really don't see what this has to do with anything. We can all agree that only a small percentage of the playerbase has Sunwell gear. If you do a comparison of Sunwell/T6/Badge gear to what's available so far in WotLK, you would see its better than everything pre-NAXX80. Also, that is probably the best guild in the world that spent the last 2 or 3 months farming LK raids in beta. NO SHIT they should have waltzed through it.

I am sure we can all agree that the majority of the 11,000,000 subscribers to WoW will be in quest/dungeon blues and even greens when they are at 80 will have to farm level 80 5-man dungeons for decent blues, then trickle into heroics and NAXX-10 to get the new epics.

The content is trivial for every single player from 70 to 80 in all T5 or better, as it should be. The majority will not have that good of gear, like myself, and will rely on the new stuff, like the tanking quest rewards from running The Nexus.

Leveling from 70 to 80 is easier than from 60 to 70 (pre-exp reduction), but as so many people hate leveling, being easy is a good thing. Let's just experience the quests and burn to 80, where you all with E-egos and Epeens can start your obsessions for attaining the best gear and then mocking and insulting everyone else who doesn't have gear as good as yours.

Those of us in blues and greens will not be pulling 2 groups at a time, and completing dungeons in record time. We will get it done non the less and enjoy ourselves along the way. Just keep in mind that everyone's gear level is different, and please try to respect that as a human being, if you are capable of respect. I am sure many of the forums trolls don't know the meaning of the word respect though.

One last point is that Blizzard wants the content to be easier this time around. They want every single player to experience as much as they can to keep playing and keep paying. WoW is a business and is treated as such to appeal to the masses. All of the hardcores can cancel their accounts, and Blizzard probably wouldn't even notice it. This is no longer a game of the Haves and Have Nots, it's about equal opportunities for all. Don't like it, cancel, and move on. No one will miss you!

Have fun!

Quote Originally Posted by gatgat
    [...] As a ret pally I must say we are very good levelers except quests killing flying things. Blizz needs to quit that. I cant stand jumping off a cliff and trying to judge mobs in mid air just to tag them
    i was thinking EXACTLY the same

15+ Year Old Account

Quote Originally Posted by Kaillus
    Leveling from 70 to 80 is easier than from 60 to 70 (pre-exp reduction), but as so many people hate leveling, being easy is a good thing. Let's just experience the quests and burn to 80, where you all with E-egos and Epeens can start your obsessions for attaining the best gear and then mocking and insulting everyone else who doesn't have gear as good as yours.

Those of us in blues and greens will not be pulling 2 groups at a time, and completing dungeons in record time. We will get it done non the less and enjoy ourselves along the way. Just keep in mind that everyone's gear level is different, and please try to respect that as a human being, if you are capable of respect. I am sure many of the forums trolls don't know the meaning of the word respect though.
    I am sure offhand and his intelligent friends can give you some pointers on how to do this. He seems to think they can do anything. Apparently gear and spec dont matter for them anymore.

Why does it matter for you?
    Be Nice to America or we will bring Democracy to your country.

Quote Originally Posted by antidan
    Pshh all good paladins collect 3 sets. Its called Lootwhoring, DO IT!
    ^^Quote of the year^^