Poll: DO you think shadow priest are lacking survivability PvP

Be advised that this is a public poll: other users can see the choice(s) you selected.

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst
LastLast

Re: Spriest PvP free kill???

i have a alt spriest on pvp server. with 60-80 resilience and only 6-7k health, I can sometimes solo a full s2 not well played class.

Ofcourse I get ganked against well played charcters, but I am wearing TBC greens and have only 560 spell power ;D

Shadowpriest own. I dont think I can do that with any other class (except maybe a warlock)

If i walk on my mage in pve gears ill be a 1300-1350 spell dmg 7-8k hp mofo thats asking to get one shoted in a single intercept/kidneyshot.
    Gear up for pvp if you realy want to pvp.

Don't go in the forest if you are afraid of bears (or rogues).

50% of all WoW players have below average skill.

If you are having a problem that means that there is at least a 50% chance the problem is you.

15+ Year Old Account

Quote Originally Posted by Skulver
    50% of all WoW players have below average skill.

If you are having a problem that means that there is at least a 50% chance the problem is you.
    87% of all statistics are made up.
    You know what is better than drinking a beer? Brewing your own beer. And then drinking it. And then... Drinking another beer. And then, punching somebody in the snout! That's what!

Quote Originally Posted by AetherMcLoud
    87% of all statistics are made up.
    if we state that the average of wow players is the middle @ 50%, then his statement is correct and not made up. There are just as many people below average as above average.

15+ Year Old Account

WoW-skill isn't a bell-curve though.
    You know what is better than drinking a beer? Brewing your own beer. And then drinking it. And then... Drinking another beer. And then, punching somebody in the snout! That's what!

I've got an addon that throws all my pvp gear on when I get targeted by an Enemy player :P

Quote Originally Posted by Shh Sleep
    yes i have 0 resil i have full PvE gear t5/t6 and before patch 3.0 i could kill people with 0 resil and now i have no chance no even against warriors anymore
    Figures, these are the kinds of people that scream "nerf!" when they run around with 0 resil, and wonder why they just got 2 shotted by that passing warrior.

15+ Year Old Account

Quote Originally Posted by exeedorbit
    Figures, these are the kinds of people that scream "nerf!" when they run around with 0 resil, and wonder why they just got 2 shotted by that passing warrior.
    Flame aside, is it really OK that some classes NEED resilience to not get one-two-shotted, while other can one-two-shot some classes in their PVE gear? You don't hear rogues in PVE gear crying about getting twoshotted by druids or priests in PVE gear. But you sure do hear clothies besides mages crying about getting twoshotted by rogues, warriors and the likes when both are in PVE gear.

Quote Originally Posted by AetherMcLoud
    WoW-skill isn't a bell-curve though.
    The results may not be a bell curve. If skill is determined as how far above or below the median result you are then the distribution of results is irrelevent and 50% of players have below average skill regardless of how you distribute the results.

just one question...propably someone asked it but i didnt find it. Does using of dispersion enter combat after 5 seconds while u are feared and not attacked?

right now im lvl 76, i got to 1800 PR in tbc, played with some 2200 rated ppl and did well just never put in the time to get there myself. my main focus was raiding, and having killing KJ i feel i did well there.

i have 2 full different sets of gear, 1 is pvp, brutal/vengeful 500 resil set/1000~ spell power i think about 14000 hp

the other is my raiding set, which actually has a lil resil from the guardians necklace.
    4/8 t6, 1400~ spell power 150 haste and prolly 9000-10000 hp

obviously the raiding set is best for questing right? ehh not so much, killing shit fast is great but theres no way i could take on a hard hitting mob with that alone. particularly the elites i take on solo.

so i kida mix and match, my questing set is a blend of the 2, using a pvp trinket, heal self trinket, pve wep, pvp chest shoulders gloves pants, pve everything else, gives me my 4 set bonus, glove bonus, and around 300-400 resil, do i get ganked? sure sometimes, but only if my dispersion is on cd or if its a crazy good rogue, or anything with a healer, most the time tho, i do the ganking, which brings me to my point..

you are a High dps shadow priest in Tons of spell power with no resil, sure if you had pvp gear it would be easier, but if you dont there is still 1 way you can get your quests done and live more often than not. Start the Fight, if you see a rogue around you, blow him up, he might cloak but hes at low hp and you have a good chance of surviving, at least a better one than if he decided to gank you, chances are you will piss some people off, thats fine, so long as you got the upper hand, you should be good, if things get heavy move to a new zone. in my full pvp gear i rarely die, and i will trow it all on if i see a fight coming. in the end, spriests are good now, and i am never a free kill. so it must be you
    Rejoice, For very bad things are about to happen...

Quote Originally Posted by Skubo
    just one question...propably someone asked it but i didnt find it. Does using of dispersion enter combat after 5 seconds while u are feared and not attacked?
    nobody asked that question because it doesn't make any seance... i have no idea what your asking

well ill try to explain then. u can use dispersion when u are feared, stunned. thats first thing. now another explanation. u leave combat in arena after 5 seconds of doing nothing. droods can use barkskin when they are cced, because they enter combat again and they cant be SAPPED after current cc ends. and thats wha im asking. will i enter combat too? if so i cant be sapped after fear. quite useful in end-game pvp.

you will only exit combat if you are not attacked, chances are they will still attack you while dispersed so unless they just go, oh hey, hes a cloud ima not attack him at all, you will most likely still be in combat.

u dont understand me. propably i couldnt explain it very well. u are shadow priest. they want cc you. they fear you and attack your teammate. after 5 seconds u leave combat. u are still feared for 3 seconds. 1-2 seconds before fear ends rogue sap you. its common cc tactic for priest/rogue. and question is: will you enter combat again if u use dispersion after these 5 seconds of fear? that means rogue cant sap u before fear ends.

15+ Year Old Account

I've always seen priests as healers (mostly disc) in PvP, but that doesn't mean you can't PvP as shadow. Buffing shadow damage more than they already have would make it overpowered in PvE, so adding some mitigation doesn't sound too bad. The way I see it, PvP is pretty damn hard as an enhance shaman as well, so much like shadow priests it requires more attention to do well.
    Take a break from politics once in awhile, it's good for you.

no i dont think dispersion puts you into combat at all. i think thats what your asking anyway.

I don't think it's possible to lose to a Shadow Priest as a Feral Drood as long as Berzerk is up.

Mangle! Mangle Mangle!
    CoryEverson: lvl80 Death Knight (Lich King)

Well this is just the typical "I got ganked and now i feel i'm UP waaaaa" post.

Quote Originally Posted by Shh Sleep
    yes i have 0 resil i have full PvE gear t5/t6 and before patch 3.0 i could kill people with 0 resil and now i have no chance no even against warriors anymore
    Oh, and this is the reason. And i believe the people you could kill were most probably blue geared/a few bits of freebie s2 people (who probably didn't know what that scary purple beam was you were shooting them with, oh noes). /sigh.