Thread: Half-empty BGs

Half-empty BGs

I'm currently playing on a low population server/battlegroup (Ruin, EU) and I've yet to join an AV where the Horde start off with more than 20 players and the Alliance don't heavily outnumber us. And as for EotS, I only queued once, and that was for over an hour before I simply left.

I remember reading a while back that Blizz were gonna do something about this, like having cross-battlegroup BGs, but has anyone heard anything recently?

Re: Half-empty BGs

Quote Originally Posted by ArcticBlade
    I'm currently playing on a low population server/battlegroup (Ruin, EU) and I've yet to join an AV where the Horde start off with more than 20 players and the Alliance don't heavily outnumber us. And as for EotS, I only queued once, and that was for over an hour before I simply left.

I remember reading a while back that Blizz were gonna do something about this, like having cross-battlegroup BGs, but has anyone heard anything recently?
    Your experiencing "Expansion released. Time to level to 80, and not BG PVP." Dont expect to have a full BG for a few weeks till people are getting closer to being done leveling

Cross-realm BG's are already in place. Are you below level 70? That's the other reason.

In short: go to Northrend.

I was talking about cross-battlegroup BGs, which Blizz suggested they were working on a while back. These are not in place yet (at least not on EU servers).

I just went back onto my old server, just to find out what it was like, and it was around a 2-second wait before I joined a full 80-person AV. So, it does seem to be a problem with just low population battlegroups. Basically, there just aren't enough people on certain battlegroups to cut down waiting times to reasonable levels and then have an even BG.

PS/ this was happening before the Xpac came out

Also many people are being summoned into Dalaran by using BG queues, which won't be helping.

Quote Originally Posted by ArcticBlade
    I was talking about cross-battlegroup BGs, which Blizz suggested they were working on a while back.
    The battlegroups mix both high and low pop servers, PvE and PvP servers, and RP and non-RP servers. While sometimes the wait depends on what side you're on (i.e. horde always queuing to roflstomp AB to the point where the allies just boycott, etc). While the wait normally won't be that long for max level, with the expansion out and all BG's are the last thing on most people's minds.

I don't know what the benefit would be if BG's were merged. They are largely set up to fix server pop imbalances to start with. I'm not quite sure what the effect of combining them would yield.

Quote Originally Posted by Offhand
    The battlegroups mix both high and low pop servers, PvE and PvP servers, and RP and non-RP servers. While sometimes the wait depends on what side you're on (i.e. horde always queuing to roflstomp AB to the point where the allies just boycott, etc). While the wait normally won't be that long for max level, with the expansion out and all BG's are the last thing on most people's minds.

I don't know what the benefit would be if BG's were merged. They are largely set up to fix server pop imbalances to start with. I'm not quite sure what the effect of combining them would yield.
    He was talking about cross-battlegroup queues, e.g. your opponents could be from another battlegroup.
    It's fairly easy to see how this would help shorten queues - there might not be enough people in your battlegroup currently wanting to go to AV, but there could be a raid of blood-thirsty russian/spanish/french/... speaking players waiting to kick your behind.

However, I suspect this is an EU-only idea they had in mind.