Seeking Help from a XP'd DK. Unholy Tanking.

I'm wondering if its possible to create a tanking spec that is raid worthy, that uses high end Unholy while duel wielding. Would anyone from beta be able to tell me if this is possible? Or would I have to swtich to Frost to be an effective DW Tank?

And if possible, could someone show me what this spec would look like?

Re: Seeking Help from a XP'd DK. Unholy Tanking.

DW tank lolz.

It would be fine, just grab Nerves of Cold Steel on your way down to Lichborne.

Dual wielding has a lot of stigma to it, but it's actually about the same threat of parry-gibbing as a warrior (as long as you use the newer slow speed tanking weapons).

DW Tanking isn't the best really. Also unholy tanking is more of the end game tanking spec as to be better than frost you need a lot of avoidance to make bone armor effective. Once you have it, bone armor is absolutely op and amazing, and you have good caster defense as well with the boosts to ams and amz. DW tanking relies a lot more on white damage and the best specs for dual wielding involve blood caked blades and killing machine. If you want to dw tank you would be better off going more of a tri spec with heavy frost/unholy and some blood. With a 2hander you can take the points you save from blood caked blades and dw spec and put them into other more damaging talents.

But unholy is a very viable tanking spec. Frost is easier to tank with off the bat as you can always start off a boss fight with a crit HB which will make losing agro very hard to do. Unholy you have to work very quickly to build up threat, so it takes a lot more knowledge of your rotations. Once you get good enough gear and knowledge of the workings of a dk, unholy starts to move ahead of frost in terms of tanking effectiveness. This is also coming from an avid frost fan

clicky for armory

What do you guys think of this Unholy DW Tank Spec?

http://talent.mmo-champion.com/?deat...h=000000000000

I didnt get Lichborne because it seems pretty worthless for raid tanking, with its 3 min CD and only 15 sec duration. Also gave me 3 more points to spend elsewhere.