Looking for some Keybinding help

I'm admittedly a clicker and I want to start using keybinds for most of my skills, but I haven't come up with a way to do it effectively. QWE / ASD are used for turning and strafing, so they're out. The keys that are close to them are 1234 / R / F / ZXC. Are these the keys that people are binding (and removing the keybinds for things like instant-reply, hold weapon, etc)? Thats only 9 keys, and not enough to handle most situations with the responsiveness that keybinding is supposed to bring. Am I missing something?

If I had to pick my most used abilities right now (only level 67, unholy for leveling and planning on switching to frost shortly to start building some DK tanking experience), I would pick Death Grip, Death Coil, Blood Strike, Scourge Strike, Plague Strike, Icy Touch, Death Strike, Pestilence, Blood Boil, Obliterate, Unholy Blight, Rune Strike, Strangulate, Icebound Fortitude, Horn of Winter, Summon Gargoyle, and Bone Shield (occasionally). Ignoring the Gargoyle, Horn, and Bone shield since they are not regular buttons, that still leaves 13 moves that I *need* bound in order to function as a binder effectively, and I assume that number will go up before I hit 80.

What other keys are people binding, and what are some tips/techniques in order to do this effectively? Thanks for your help!

Re: Looking for some Keybinding help

http://elitistjerks.com/blogs/yes/20...gs_part_i.html

Have a look at that, don't bother about the Gladiator parts, but read it, has some useful information about keybindings.

yeah all about the modifiers ctrl alt and shift are a keybinders friend

Thanks guys. I'll check out that link Bainz.

I personally bind:
    1,2,3,4,5,r,f,z,x,c,`
    all of the above and q,w,e,a,s,d + alt/ctrl/shift
    also alt/ctrl/shift + mouse wheel up/down

Also depends on the class: for hunter sometimes it's almost all of mentioned above, for warrior - much less as you can save some bar space with conditional macros depending on your stance\combat/noncombat status\equipped weapons/shields

im to used to the blizzard interface so i cant change now but i use
    F,G,V(a really imba button), Press in mouse wheel, mouse button 4 and 5
    Shift+r,+c,+v,+x,+1,+2,+2,3+,+4,+5 (cba type shit everytime)

F1, F2
    §, 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6 (All of the previous + shift)
    E, Q, Shift + E, Shift + Q, R, Shift + R, T, Ctrl + Y
    F, G, H , shift + H
    Shift + Z, Shift + X, Shift + C, B
    Mouse 4, Mouse 5, Shift + Mouse 4, Shift + Mouse 5

That's all my binds I think ^^

15+ Year Old Account

That EJ link still uses WSAD which is completely inferior to EDSF for movement (more keys for the middle finger this way, etc.). Therefore I stopped reading. Anyway ...

I move with EDSF. Abilities and items are bound to these keys:

Q, A, Y, X, C, V, B, G, T, Z, H, 1, 2, 3
    Shift + Q, A, Y, X, C, V, G, T, S, D, F, 1, 2, 3
    Ctrl + Q, A, Y, C, T, G
    You know what is better than drinking a beer? Brewing your own beer. And then drinking it. And then... Drinking another beer. And then, punching somebody in the snout! That's what!