Thread: Now What....

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst

Re: Now What....

Quote Originally Posted by lrs078
    Made it 70 to 80 in a burst of caffeine and blury sleep deprived madness. 71 to 80 was FG/SL so lots of fun but now time to get ready to instance/raid. Though I didn't take many pieces as upgrades due to SWP/BT gear I watched my crit go from north of 30% w' over 300 haste to having (untalented/unstoned 13%'ish crit w' about 9-10% haste). Hit that was over cap is now well below. Heroics are lvl 82 so only 6% hit req but naxx needs 17%. Given how dps stat hungry destro is I'd have to say that isn't a winner till at least the end of naxx.

Seems like we do the BC thing of fall back to affliction first or maybe a demo lock. Death's Embrace + Soul Siphon should be pretty stout dps that doesn't rely on crit. Demo will be far less but will have the most crit and dmg from skill points. The buff should be nice in naxx10 w no ele shammy.

17% less 3% for suppression/cata, 3% shadowpriest, 1% exodar crowd, so that leaves us needing 10 or 11% hit (not sure if drae and SP stack in 3.0.x)

I think much of the theorycrafting was counting on us having higher crit/haste/hit %'s at 80 from the high end 70 gear.

OH, anyone else notice they haven't spawned the lvl 80 arena and honor vendor yet or am I just that out of it?
    Why does a lock need high crit anymore? All of our specs have very poor benefits from crit compared to many other classes since Imp. Shadow Bolt is gone.

Take a look at what Mages, Warriors, etc get from crits and tell me that we need high crit to perform.

I am also saying "now what?" after a frenzy of SL/FG leveling. Probably gonna try 0/41/30.
    Originally Posted by Ghostcrawler (Blue Tracker)
    We don't think burst is a problem in PvP right now.

Who cares about trash? I'd be happy been bottom of the damage for trash as it really means nothing. Bosses with millions of health is where its at.

What do you mean why do we need Crit??? What else is there to stack - Haste? There is no benefit (ok very little) of having haste so you may as well stack crit and hit. Dots doing double the damage is nice!

Quote Originally Posted by Raks
    That is what alts are for
    No, alts are for ignoring content you've allready been trough by going as quick as possible so you can enjoy a different type of playing the endgame you like so much on your main which is on the cap. Mains are to play the game in it's full glory, which is by following the lore and enjoying the scenes.

Quote Originally Posted by Blikje
    No, alts are for ignoring content you've allready been trough by going as quick as possible so you can enjoy a different type of playing the endgame you like so much on your main which is on the cap. Mains are to play the game in it's full glory, which is by following the lore and enjoying the scenes.
    I've never played Warcraft 1,2 or 3. I play the game for end game raids only not quests and or story line. You may say I am missing the point of the game but everyone is different and just because I view the game differently to yourself doesn't mean its any less enjoyable for me or anyone else that views it this way.

The beauty of the game is that each of us can play as we enjoy. Some of us raid more hardcore so min/max and powering have its place. Most of those same folks also have at least one alt they goof off on, farm on, etc. If you are an officer, raid leader, etc its not uncommon to have an alt very few know about when you want to get away from politics and endless tells.... I started a DK and played about an hour tonight reading each quest and running around w' a friend who just got the expansion. Had a blast. My priority is raids but its not all I do. I suspect most of us are the same way...

As far as locks and crit....its still a very potent stat for all specs. If you can't see past the 0/21/40 ISB days you need to reread the skills tabs. For instance...demo specs stack crit/dmg at expense of haste to proc the biggest demo pact as close to constantly as possible for the raid. Crit is double dmg to a nuke so that is always a big deal in destro. Pandemic has given our two biggest dots a chance to effectively crit (and crit like ruin nukes) so crit isn't wasted on affliction. (although I'll say affliction can do the best w/o it). As gear ramps up you'll see SB go from 25% dmg done to closer to 50% for affliction. I doubt the dots will tick for any less so that is crit in action. ISB is still 10% dmg so its not a bad thing it just isn't the end all be all it was. That said, I DO wish they'd knock the point cost down to 3 points to match molten core but meh.

Update: day 2 of 56/0/15 heroics....continues the high dmg on bosses. Had a boomkin so liked the crits on SB. Felt like old times on some of the trash spammin bolts. Drain soul on bosses continues to be a group saver given healer oom/dead panic moments. Trash still dies too fast to bother with it and trying results in bags over full of shards. Finally got a CoA glyph and it simplifies the dot priority/cycle a good bit. Found demo circle may be iffy/situational (read: if you can abuse LoS) in pvp, its dang useful for "run out" scenarios in boss fights.

User has been banned permanently for trolling.