Dirge vs Reaping

If I had to choose in between those to, in the long run post 70+ which would work better toward pve and pvp?

Re: Dirge vs Reaping

didnt take either meself but if i had two i think i would go for dirge. just dont seem to have an issue with needing death runes

Quote Originally Posted by talitu
    didnt take either meself but if i had two i think i would go for dirge. just dont seem to have an issue with needing death runes
    Oh I see ^.^ thank you

Actually those 2 extra DRs are awesome for extra burst dps (SS) or an additional heal (DT).

But, you gotta use the blood runes first and that makes it too situational imo.

Quote Originally Posted by Refreshment
    Actually those 2 extra DRs are awesome for extra burst dps (SS) or an additional heal (DT).

But, you gotta use the blood runes first and that makes it too situational imo.
    Guess I just have to mess around with them and see whichs one helps out more.

For me its obvious, in PVE you are doing as much damage with stable rotations if your not totally stupid. So having 5 extra rp to count on is better.

IN PVP where the extreme skill reqs are you need reaping. It allows you to do more damage SS or DS or you can silence, you can bone shield, you can rune tap, you can mark of blood. Oh and most importantly you can chains 5 times in a row with it.

This talent is so amazing, i use it in both and its almost the most important piece of my spec. The utility that it provides is worth alot more then 5-100 rp over a whole fight.

Quote Originally Posted by noname
    For me its obvious, in PVE you are doing as much damage with stable rotations if your not totally stupid. So having 5 extra rp to count on is better.

IN PVP where the extreme skill reqs are you need reaping. It allows you to do more damage SS or DS or you can silence, you can bone shield, you can rune tap, you can mark of blood. Oh and most importantly you can chains 5 times in a row with it.

This talent is so amazing, i use it in both and its almost the most important piece of my spec. The utility that it provides is worth alot more then 5-100 rp over a whole fight.
    Thank you for clearing that up, now I know which one I should get.

Personally I think both are a staple of the spec, but I'm only just becoming familiar with it myself.