Thread: Frost DPS Spec?

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst

Re: Frost DPS Spec?

Quote Originally Posted by burn
    frost just doesnt cut it as dps spec
    blood = the best single target dps spec
    unholy = best multitarget dps spec
    frost= high burst but in raid , cant keep up
    Frost does more dps in raids than unholy does. Sure on the trash pulls with lots of mobs the unholy dk will out dps for that particular fight. But overall frost will do more. However both specs don't bring the raid utility that a blood dk does, and yes a blood dk will out dps both other specs

clicky for armory

Quote Originally Posted by Klairity
    This is how I am specced currently. Im at work so i can't post my build, but I didnt take Icy Talons as most of my damage is Yellow damage, i usually only get two white swings before a mob dies. 2H frost rapes things. I burst down other deathknights very fast, i have more control in PVP as well. I plan on doing a Deep Frost/Blood build that takes advantage of the glyph of Blood Stirke in synergy with Blood of the North and Bloody Strikes. (Chilblains from IT will keep a snare up for Glyph of Blood Strike) This will put my blood strike damage very high. This sounds wierd in a frost build, but when my IT and HB are on rune cooldowns, i need to use my blood runes, and if my blood strikes do as much damage as my frost strikes, I will pour out obscene DPS.
    mind posting it when youre not at work?
    <a href="http://s7.photobucket.com/albums/y281/coltoneap/?action=view&current=shaman-trm.jpg" target="_blank"></a><a href="http://s7.photobucket.com/albums/y281/coltoneap/?action=view&current=druid-nef.jpg" target="_blank"></a>

I'm currently playing around with a DW blood/unholy spec and pull of respectable dps compared to the people I group with (who are mostly in t6). I'm still playing around with the specifics of the spec.. so many talents so few points

People saying "DW DK is the way to single out the noob DK" (Not an exact quote but close enough).. Well if DW had been proven to be terrible then I'd totally agree however at this stage alot of people are still playing and if anything I think it's good some people are trying something different.

On the other hand I'd be VERY interested in trying a DW frost build for a bit of fun if the person a few posts above me could post when they get a chance